Let me start off my staying my husband and I have vacationed in Myrtle Beach upwards of 10 times and have stayed in about 7 different Hotels. I do not consider my standards to be overly high by any means especially at the ocean, after all the view of the beach is the best part. My Husband and I stayed in an Ocean View King Suite room 1104 from 9/6 through 9/14.
Let me start with the pro’s:
The location on the beach was great
View of the ocean was great
The staff was overly friendly and polite
The pools were sparkling clean
Plenty of lounge chairs around the pool
The rooms are in need of some MAJOR updating, I am fully aware that it is hard during busy season to “close down a room” in order to re model and update however IT IS TIME TO UPDATE, our room looked like it was still stuck in 1980. The carpet in the rooms was beyond warn and ripped in multiple spots. The couch in the living room area was so warn and dirty looking I did not sit on it the entire length of our stay, Under the cushions of the couch was badly stained with what looked to be fruit juice and was a sticky mess (GROSS). The Box spring of the bed was heavily stained in multiple sections. The air conditioner leaked all over the balcony and the back of the air conditioner was broken and the entire back piece of the air conditioner was literally just leaned up against the side of the building. The balcony door in our bedroom only opened about a foot wide because the track was warped and had bugs all in it. We contacted maintenance when we first arrived to fix the balcony, they were very prompt in coming up to the room, they put some spray on the track and the door was able to open a little further than it originally could however you could still not open the slider all the way, I was told “sorry this is as good as it gets”.
We checked into this hotel on a Saturday, we left early Sunday morning to go to the beach and came back to the room about 4:00 on Sunday to find our room had not been cleaned. My husband called down to the front desk and was told that there was no housekeeping on Sunday’s which was fine however we just asked for clean towels. We were told clean towels would be sent up to the room, they never came. Mid-way through the week we ran out of toilet paper, I called down to the front desk and was told some would be sent up, we waited, left for dinner, came back to the room later that night to find no toilet paper still in the room. My husband went down to the front desk, and they apologized and gave him a roll of toilet paper.
I would not say my stay at this hotel was poor however I would say it was average at best. It’s the little things that make the difference when staying in a hotel. Although the pools and the beach were great, cleanliness of a room counts for a lot to. I have to honestly say I would not stay at the Patricia Grand again. There are plenty of other Hotels in Myrtle Beach with similar location and pricing, I would take my chances with those hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the family fun begin at our classic Myrtle Beach resort. Enjoy inviting accommodations, endless activities for kids, playing in our oversized indoor and outdoor pools then dining at Grand Central Station. This expansive resort offers standard rooms and one bedroom suites as well as monthly and weekly rentals. Ideal for family vacations, romantic getaways and golf outings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patricia Grand Resort Hotel, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Grand Patricia Resort
- Patricia Grand Myrtle Beach
- Patricia Grand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Patricia Grande