“Average at Best...” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #46 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Average at Best...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Let me start off my staying my husband and I have vacationed in Myrtle Beach upwards of 10 times and have stayed in about 7 different Hotels. I do not consider my standards to be overly high by any means especially at the ocean, after all the view of the beach is the best part. My Husband and I stayed in an Ocean View King Suite room 1104 from 9/6 through 9/14.

Let me start with the pro’s:
The location on the beach was great
View of the ocean was great
The staff was overly friendly and polite
The pools were sparkling clean
Plenty of lounge chairs around the pool

The Con’s:
The rooms are in need of some MAJOR updating, I am fully aware that it is hard during busy season to “close down a room” in order to re model and update however IT IS TIME TO UPDATE, our room looked like it was still stuck in 1980. The carpet in the rooms was beyond warn and ripped in multiple spots. The couch in the living room area was so warn and dirty looking I did not sit on it the entire length of our stay, Under the cushions of the couch was badly stained with what looked to be fruit juice and was a sticky mess (GROSS). The Box spring of the bed was heavily stained in multiple sections. The air conditioner leaked all over the balcony and the back of the air conditioner was broken and the entire back piece of the air conditioner was literally just leaned up against the side of the building. The balcony door in our bedroom only opened about a foot wide because the track was warped and had bugs all in it. We contacted maintenance when we first arrived to fix the balcony, they were very prompt in coming up to the room, they put some spray on the track and the door was able to open a little further than it originally could however you could still not open the slider all the way, I was told “sorry this is as good as it gets”.
We checked into this hotel on a Saturday, we left early Sunday morning to go to the beach and came back to the room about 4:00 on Sunday to find our room had not been cleaned. My husband called down to the front desk and was told that there was no housekeeping on Sunday’s which was fine however we just asked for clean towels. We were told clean towels would be sent up to the room, they never came. Mid-way through the week we ran out of toilet paper, I called down to the front desk and was told some would be sent up, we waited, left for dinner, came back to the room later that night to find no toilet paper still in the room. My husband went down to the front desk, and they apologized and gave him a roll of toilet paper.
I would not say my stay at this hotel was poor however I would say it was average at best. It’s the little things that make the difference when staying in a hotel. Although the pools and the beach were great, cleanliness of a room counts for a lot to. I have to honestly say I would not stay at the Patricia Grand again. There are plenty of other Hotels in Myrtle Beach with similar location and pricing, I would take my chances with those hotels.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 1104
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just wanted to get away and relax with a little fun on the beach. Our room was Oceanfront and on the 17th floor. The perfect view that kept me on the balcony for hours. Had a great time and will return again soon.

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Everything was perfect great staff very attentive and always looking to help you. The only sour part of our stay was when my wife and I got stuck in an elevator for about 1/2 hr. with 5 other people and 2 dogs :(, The fire department had to come and open the doors. The staff and the fire department were very helpful and got us out as soon as possible. The Assistant Manager was there when they opened the doors and made sure we were all ok. he called us later that day apologized and refunded 1 night stay which I thought was very nice. I would definitely stay here again, we were treated like family and that made a world of difference.

Room Tip: Ocean Front on the upper floors are the best always love the sound of the ocean when sleeping and wa...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I love the staff. Check-in was a breeze. My room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little small and cramp but it didn't bother me. The view was amazing! I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2014
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at this Hotel 9/1-9/4 and we enjoyed it so much that we added a day to our trip. The weather was perfect and that certainly helped. Rooms were cozy and staff were awesome. Parking is right across the street. The bar at the pool is a small one, but there are plenty of bars within waling distance.The view from the room is awesome (beach).

Room Tip: The view is certainly better at the upper floors.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Huddleston, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had no reservations, and the Patricia Grand had the exact room we needed (the middle of summer).Oceanfront with a kitchen:). The hotel and room smelled fresh and clean. We had a wonderful time. There was no maid to clean the room everyday.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Love the architecture, privacy open breezeway. Sunrise from the balcony and sunset from the breezeway. Excellent staff. On site pools, spa, fitness center, hot tubs all very well maintained. Parking garage a plus. Beautiful dining room even though we didn't use. We are severe celiacs and the full kitchen was a blessing. Very comfortable room.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!