“Do NOT Use Debit Card” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina
“Do NOT Use Debit Card”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We checked in on 10-31-13 for the weekend. we paid with our debit card. When I checked our bank account on Monday after we left, The Patricia Grand had debited our account two times. I called and started the process of trying to retieve our money on Tuesday. I was told the problem was with their processor. It took 10 seconds for them to take my money, but 12 days and alot of fuss raised for them to return my money. I work in an Internal Medicine facility and a patient who heard me talking to Patrica Grand said the same thing had happened to her. Perhaps a new processor would solve this continuing problem. The stay was excellent, I couldn't ask for better. The room was clean and service was great, but I will pay with cash on the next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
OceanaResorts, Guest Relations Manager at The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience that these duplicate charges have caused our guests and thank those affected for their patience.

We are working closely with our processing company who has taken full responsibility for the error and reversing incorrect charges accordingly.

792 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
West Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a bus trip and were very pleased with the accommodations. The room was comfortable, the ocean view was gorgeous, the included breakfast buffet was way above average.
We had a cold snap while we were there and th open air hallways were a little uncomfortable, but after all was said and done I'd stay again.
A really nice place to stay near downtown Myrtle Beach.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Darlington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Pateicia Grand. My brother is autistic and just diagnoses with terminal leukemia. We brought him to the beach for the night where he could relax and enjoy himself. He did just that! The lazy river was a treat for him and the view from our room was spectacular. Your staff were friendly and very helpful during our stay. Thank you so much for making his last visit to the beach such a memorable one. God bless!

Fayetteville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room was nice and the view of the ocean was awesome. I would definitely stay there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Stayed in a double bed oceanfront efficiency room and we had more than enough space.

Ohsweken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

After a long car ride (18 hours), I along with my wife, my sister and our two dogs, we finally arrived at the Patricia Grand Hotel. Prior to this trip, I did some extensive research and I came prepared to demand to look before we started any paperwork, because of some of the reviews posted I was really going to raise a stink if the rooms and facility overall, was not up to par.
We approached the registration desk and was quickly welcomed to the Patricia Grand by the desk clerk/Assistant General Manager Eric Graham. I started out by sayng that I wanted to see the room(s) before we did any paperwork. He assured me that the rooms that we will be getting are recent remodels and that we will be extremely pleased with them. Well, It must have been something about him that told me not to worry, anyways I could still return and demand another room...loll. right? Once we finished all the paperwork/check-in process we proceeded to our rooms, with ours being on the 15th floor and my sister's on the 17th floor due to them being the "assigned Pet Friendly units" ($15 per night).
Oh yes, I forgot to mention, that I found the Patricia Grand on the Groupon website, while I was researching the other reviews and what a deal it was. Certainly was a budget friendly facility with top notch service and emenities. There are three pools but only one/two could be used. The outdoor one was toooo cooold but the indoor was accessible to the outside deck and to my surprise it is a saltwater pool which I fell in love with. The third is a lazy pool and I found no use for that one. We also had the best weather as it was in the mid to high 70's for three and a half of five days we were there. I sustained a descent tan as I used the salt water pool and long hours sitting on the deck with the sun beating down on me.
We had breakfast in the Grand Central Station/Hotel restaurant on the last morning. It was very quite , the staff was friendly and we had the best experience of our trip by watching the sunrise outside the window from our table, a site to behold!! Thanks Eric and staff for a memorable experience at the Patricia Grand.

Room Tip: If you want a full ocean view suite you must ask for it... As they have a different opinion between...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Crestline, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed at Patricia Grand for 2 weeks with family.Had a very relaxing time.We had an ocean front 1 bedroom suite.The sound and view of the ocean was fantastic.The room was clean could have used a table to eat at the room had 2 chairs along the counter to eat at was not an ideal area but it worked.The staff were kind and helpful will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The checkin process was quick. Hotel was clean and neat. Ocean view with balcony is a plus. We did have a lamp not working during the stay. My card was charged twice for my room. And as if this writing, I have yet to get the refund. Was told that I would receive a call back but nothing in two days. Made the call back myself and was told the info had been sent to the accounting dept.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!