“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fayetteville
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room was nice and the view of the ocean was awesome. I would definitely stay there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Stayed in a double bed oceanfront efficiency room and we had more than enough space.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Ohsweken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

After a long car ride (18 hours), I along with my wife, my sister and our two dogs, we finally arrived at the Patricia Grand Hotel. Prior to this trip, I did some extensive research and I came prepared to demand to look before we started any paperwork, because of some of the reviews posted I was really going to raise a stink if the rooms and facility overall, was not up to par.
We approached the registration desk and was quickly welcomed to the Patricia Grand by the desk clerk/Assistant General Manager Eric Graham. I started out by sayng that I wanted to see the room(s) before we did any paperwork. He assured me that the rooms that we will be getting are recent remodels and that we will be extremely pleased with them. Well, It must have been something about him that told me not to worry, anyways I could still return and demand another room...loll. right? Once we finished all the paperwork/check-in process we proceeded to our rooms, with ours being on the 15th floor and my sister's on the 17th floor due to them being the "assigned Pet Friendly units" ($15 per night).
Oh yes, I forgot to mention, that I found the Patricia Grand on the Groupon website, while I was researching the other reviews and what a deal it was. Certainly was a budget friendly facility with top notch service and emenities. There are three pools but only one/two could be used. The outdoor one was toooo cooold but the indoor was accessible to the outside deck and to my surprise it is a saltwater pool which I fell in love with. The third is a lazy pool and I found no use for that one. We also had the best weather as it was in the mid to high 70's for three and a half of five days we were there. I sustained a descent tan as I used the salt water pool and long hours sitting on the deck with the sun beating down on me.
We had breakfast in the Grand Central Station/Hotel restaurant on the last morning. It was very quite , the staff was friendly and we had the best experience of our trip by watching the sunrise outside the window from our table, a site to behold!! Thanks Eric and staff for a memorable experience at the Patricia Grand.

Room Tip: If you want a full ocean view suite you must ask for it... As they have a different opinion between...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Crestline, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed at Patricia Grand for 2 weeks with family.Had a very relaxing time.We had an ocean front 1 bedroom suite.The sound and view of the ocean was fantastic.The room was clean could have used a table to eat at the room had 2 chairs along the counter to eat at was not an ideal area but it worked.The staff were kind and helpful will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The checkin process was quick. Hotel was clean and neat. Ocean view with balcony is a plus. We did have a lamp not working during the stay. My card was charged twice for my room. And as if this writing, I have yet to get the refund. Was told that I would receive a call back but nothing in two days. Made the call back myself and was told the info had been sent to the accounting dept.

• Stayed November 2013
OceanaResorts, Guest Relations Manager at The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience that these duplicate charges have caused our guests and thank those affected for their patience.

We are working closely with our processing company who has taken full responsibility for the error and reversing incorrect charges accordingly.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was a nice way to celebrate my 58th birthday with my family and friends. Wish I could have been there for a week. There is nothing like going to sleep with the balcony door open to hear the sounds of the ocean. I am not a swimmer but to go to the lazy pool made a swimming experience a added plus to my bucket list. How many ways can I say had a wonderful exciting time. Looking forward to bringing the rest of the family for a vacation real soon. There is no place like the beaches of Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the north side with the ocean front view was more visible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

After reading many reviews for hotels in Myrtle Beach, I chose the Patricia Gand. Other reviewers suggested to request an upper floor (so you have a private view of the ocean and not the people at the pool) and an updated room (apparently the rooms are privately owed and not all rooms are updated). I booked directly through the hotel reservation system and was able to request an upper floor, but was instructed to request an upated room at the front desk when I checked in.

Check in is at 4pm, but I showed up at 1:30pm, and found that my room was ready! I was put in an updated room on the top (19th) floor. The oceanfront view was spectacular, and the room was very nice! It had a comfortable bed and pillows, and the bathroom was updated as well. It also featured a full sized refridgerator, sink, and oven!

Throughout our visit, the staff was very polite and accommodating. Although previous reviewers were not happy with the tight turns of the parking garage (located across the street), I had no trouble navigating. Unless you have a full sized truck or SUV, you shouldn't have any trouble either.

The one issue we had during our stay was the incredible number of pets at the hotel. However, the lawn and beach area devoid of poop, so it wasn't really a problem. The problem we had was the people in the room next to ours left their dog locked in the room, and the entire time it never stopped barking. At times, it was hard to have a romantic time watching the ocean with the nonstop 'yip! yip! yip!' coming from the room next door.

Overall, I would definitely suggest this hotel, and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose and oceanfront upper floor room, and request an updated room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Holly, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were in South Tower top floor. We were in one of the smaller rooms, but it was very nice & had a balcony with ocean view. Staff was frlendly and amenities at the resort were great. However, trying to find ice was another thing. There was a sign there were 4 floors with ice machines. The first two floors, machine not working. The next floor - ice machine missing. Finally found one on 2nd floor (we were on 19th). Next day we ran people on two separate occasions doing the same thing - hitting every floor looking for ice. If there's just going to be one ice machine - then change the signs to say ice is on Floor 2 (remove the other 3). At least people would know!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!