“Not the grestest but not the worst” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE WaterPark Admission!
Ranked #43 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Not the grestest but not the worst”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am leaving this review on my last night here. The check in staff were super friendly. This is a pet friendly resort (I didn't bring my pet so my room was non pet friendly) The lobby is beautiful. I stayed in a king size ocean front room (kitchen equipped). The bed was comfortable but the housekeeping is below standard for this type of resort. For example, the first thing I noticed when walking in the door was on the front of the stove it looked like someone has squirted ketchup on the oven door, this should have been cleaned by housekeeping. There were burn marks in the sink. Overall the room just didn't feel extremely clean but for a two night stay I managed to deal with it. In my opinion, the profits made here are not being put back into the property and its beginning to show. The safe in the room did not work. You need to be a Hercules to get the sliding glass balcony door open and the sliding closet doors could use some work. The rates were relatively cheap. If I were doing a two night stay again I might consider this place but if I were vacationing for a week, no way I would consider it.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first especially if you are down here in off season because resorts are a dime...

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I hung out at their bar several times during our recent four day stay in Myrtle Beach. We stayed at Best Western right next door but we had friends staying at the Anderson Hotel on the other side of Patricia Grand. Katrina is a very friendly and efficient bartender. The bar here is lots of fun and a good place to meet people.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice hotel in great location. Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean. The parking deck was a bit tight so that could be stressful to someone with a really big car/truck. Also, our door was really hard to open. There is a very nice little green space next to the hotel where you can take your pet. I would recommend this hotel, but i did like the Ocean Park (sister hotel) a tiny bit more if you have a pet. There really seem to cater to pets there.

Greencastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Patricia Grand for five nights thanks to Groupon. Our room was ocean front on the 19th floor with a great view of the ocean. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was decent size. The kitchenette was nice to use for left over food we brought back to the room. There were three elevators that moved really well, so the wait at the 19th floor was minimal. There is a doggie area right next to the hotel that was also very convenient. The only down side is there parking garage which is located across the street. The garage is very narrow getting between levels of the garage. There were a lot of scraps on the concrete walls between the floors, so a large vehicle would have to use the outdoor parking located next to the garage. We would definitely stay there again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We travelled from New York to attend a wedding and other parties. Took our little Shih Tzu. From the first entrance into our room and everything else for 5 days, everything was first rate! Clean, perfect location, friendly. Great balcony view, enjoyed lounge chairs on the lawn, breakfast was excellent. Absolutely no complaints. Thanks again, very much.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
Valdosta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights for the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon run. We had an oceanfront room with a very comfortable bed and nice balcony. We enjoyed the lounge chairs on the lawn. The breakfasts were excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed the pasta dinner buffet in the Patricia Grand restaurant. The staff were all extremely nice and accommodating.

Lynchburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We just got back from our stay at the Patricia Grand. First of all- I will mention the good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The toilet in our bathroom blew the hose our second day there- I am talking major water EVERYWHERE. It was myself and my mom- we have no plumbing knowledge so all we could do was call the front desk. Within seconds, maintenance was there and assisted us. We were then moved to a new room, and the staff handled the situation well. The second room we were in- was 1000 times better than the first. The first room was dirty- cockroaches on the floor, the pull out bed had mysterious debris on it, and the bathroom smelled of smoke. We had no maid service 2 of the 4 days we were there. We never had any kitchen towels, and the rooms do not have dishwashers.
I understand you get what you pay for- and this hotel has the bear essentials. It is in need of some major updating- you can tell the units have been lived in. The elevators are also temperamental and I could see how during the summer months they could get backed up. The no smoking policy is also a joke, because I saw at least 3 people smoking on their balconies. Lastly- as another reviewer mentioned- if you want a luggage cart you have to have the bellman to go with it. This is extremely irritating to me. If I want to carry my stuff myself I should be able to. Overall, we will be not returning and stick with the other Oceana resorts such as the Anderson or Camelot in the future.

PS- Always have your confirmation number at check in

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!