“Very Nice Pet Friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2710 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #46 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Moravian Falls, North Carolina, United States
“Very Nice Pet Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were extremely pleased with our room!! It was an updated room with new appliances and furniture. We brought our dog with us and was shocked to see that we could get a nice and clean room with our pet. Just wish they had a bigger lazy river.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Best vacation to date. The hotel staff was great and very accommidating. Views where the best and our housekeeper was the greatest. Will be checking with the Patty G for our next vacation. Thank you for not letting us down and making this a relaxing vacation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here Sept. 6-8. The front desk staff was very friendly & helpful. The location was great as well. The room we stayed in was an ocean view suite & my only complaint about it was that it looks like the carpet needs to be replaced. It was very worn. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others & will be staying here again next year.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The wife and I went for our anniversary and we were on a budget. I probably spent 2 weeks on every travel site i can imagine before i found this hotel. Was a little skeptical at first, but the photos looked good, price was right, and it had decent reviews. So we decided to go for it, and I was NOT LET DOWN!!!! we were blown away. Great location, decent room size for price, very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast. We will be returning for sure.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

It is listed as a Pet Friendly hotel. I made reservations for three nights. When we arrived they stated they only are dog friendly and we couldnt stay there. The manager wouldnt even come talk to me he made the poor desk clerk deal with me and I was understandably very angry. Then they tried to charge me a cancelation fee. I would not recommend this place to anyone. They have extremely poor customer service skills. I work with the public and I would have never treated anyone the way they did me! Besides Pets are dogs, cats, heck even birds, monkeys, and fish...so they should only say they are dog friendly!

• Stayed September 2013
OceanaResorts, Guest Relations Manager at The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your opinion is extremely important to us. We regret that your stay was not what you expected. We apologize that our pet policies were not clearly communicated to you prior to your arrival. Please know that this issue has been addressed accordingly. We do hope you'll visit with us again soon, allowing us to provide you with an even better experience, on which we pride ourselves.
Burlington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Patricia Grand. This was my first visit here. I brought my disabled mother with me. She has a little malti poo puppy that we wanted to bring along with us. I was a little worried about staying at a pet friendly hotel, not knowing what to expect. I am so glad that we chose this hotel. As soon as we drove up, a very nice young man by the name of Jordan was the first one that greeted us. He was so nice and helpful. He unloaded my car and took us up to our room and unloaded everything for me. I never had to unload or load anything. I was so grateful for that. The room and the public areas were so clean and smelled so fresh. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. It would have been nice to have the car located at the property, but the guys worked so hard and ran across the road and drove my car right up to the door so my mother could just get in the car. I was so impressed to see how nice the room was, it was very up to date with a nice tv and great beds. I have been telling my pet lover friends how nice this place was and how clean it was. The breakfast buffet was very good. I payed half price by booking the rise and shine breakfast with the room. It was well worth $4.00 not to have to leave the hotel to get a good hot breakfast. The beach front view was beautiful as well. Thank you staff, great job!!

Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

For the price, we were pleased with all that we got at the Patricia Grand; an oceanfront room with a balcony, full kitchen with full size appliances, comfortable beds, nice linens, plus all of the pools, hot tubs and lazy river. The hotel was clean and considering sand, water, a lot of people - all of which tend to lead to a mess - I was impressed they were able to keep it so clean. They were making some updates to the lobby while we were there. Nobody likes to look at a blocked off area that is being renovated but it's too be expected if we expect the hotel to look fresh and modern.

The kitchen was immaculate and the appliances looked new. It is small, with little counter space so if you plan to cook a full meal, know that space is limited.

The lazy river is much smaller than I had envisioned. It's a fairly small and oval shaped.

The only negative I can think of was the elevators. During high traffic times it was nearly impossible to catch an elevator. It seriously made considering the stairs a viable option from the 11th floor while toting our beach gear.

Free parking was convenient in the parking garage across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!