“Great ... if you get a renovated room!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE WaterPark Admission!
Ranked #43 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Great ... if you get a renovated room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My experience with this motel was nothing but good. The beds were some of the most comfortable motel beds I have ever slept in. The room was clean, the staff friendly & helpful, the pools a refreshing break from the salt & sand, & the view from the balcony was awsome!
The only thing that I thought could use some tweaking was the childrens activities. A list of daily activities is posted at the front desk, but they aren't very well organized. Several times we had to chase down the person in charge of the activity & ask that it be started.
We had friends who were staying in another room in this motel. There room was not nearly as nice as ours even though we booked at the same time. It appears we may have gotten a renovated room & they did not. My friends were not nearly as happy with their room.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

703 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Phenix City, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel was a bit of a disappointment. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was beachfront, but the room was very outdated (appliances in kitchenette practically falling apart) and not particularly clean. The restaurant was quite nice, however, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanaResorts, General Manager at The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Patricia Grand. Please know that we are constantly working to upgrade both our rooms and facilities. That being said, we do apologize that your stay was not what you expected. We do hope you'll visit with us again in the near future, allowing us to provide you with a better experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Overall a nice stay. Great pools and view of the beach. Had to wait a long time on elevators. Parking is across the street and not a bad walk. Very friendly staff. Enjoyed a Starbucks coffee every morning from the lobby. Kid friendly. The lazy river is pretty small and was always full. Will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013
Staunton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Overall my stay for a whole week was good. In fact my only complaint about the room was the firmness of the bed. The bed in my room was extremely firm, and I tend to prefer a softer bed. This is in no way the hotels fault, and I'm sure some people enjoy a firm bed over a soft, I'm just not one of them.

Pools were nice, they have two.

Lazy river was somewhat small, but all the same it was relaxing and served it's purpose.

Hot tubs were very nice, not too hot but not luke warm either.

There is a restaurant on the second floor of the hotel. The food was average at best. Somewhat cold, maybe I went there at a bad time, but any cooked meat like sausage or bacon is 10 times better hot than cold. Only ate there once for breakfast, so I can't say more than that.

Room Tip: 5 Elevators, 2 on the north side and 3 on the south. Long wait times up and down at busy times when...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well I don't ever pull punches with my reviews so here goes. We bought a "Groupon" for 6 nights at the Patricia Grand. It has two 19 floor towers. They didn't want to let me have a luggage cart when I got there. The bellman said that it was included. Well, I could tell he was fishing for a tip so I decided to take our stuff up myself, a load at a time. My wife kept our Pekingese in the room while I fetched the stuff. On my first trip up to1618 / south tower where we were, elevator 1 stopped with a "boom" on the 11th floor. I pushed the help button and a lady sent help and I was out in about 20 minutes. She called my wife to tell her I was stuck on the elevator but the phone in our room didn't work. After all that...the bed was good and the filters on the air conditioner in the room was CLEAN! I couldn't believe it. The lazy river is tiny indoor facility. The chairs and outdoor lounging area was great. The beach has gravel under the water so get/take some water shoes for the ocean. The breakfast in the restaurant was good, even the gravy...and I hate "hotel gravy". They were the happiest people at the place. You could tell the staff was working their butts off, but they seemed worn out, unhappy. The parking is across the street in a garage and the hallways are outdoors. Great pet friendly hotel...the pet rooms do not smell like pet rooms. We will be back as often as we can. We love the Oceana Resorts! They are better each time we return.

Room Tip: If it's in season and you don't want to have to wait on an elevator, get a room you can walk...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I bought a Groupon for Myrtle Beach, S.C. and chose to stay at the Patricia Grand Hotel. The hotel was clean and friendly. We had a nice view of the ocean (all the rooms are ocean view), but I was a little disappointed at the beach. The water was very rough and all the shells on the beach were broken. I am an avid shell collector, so not happy to say the least. The elevator in the hotel is outdated and it took forever during busy times of day to wait for one. We were on the 16th floor, so I wasn't about to climb stairs. Overall, we had a nice trip and I can't complain for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Although all rooms are facing the beach, if you want to get a good sunrise without leaving your room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was great for the price and the location was nice. It's a little further away from the Boardwalk but Broadway at the Beach was a 5 minute drive. Very pet friendly which was nice. The rooms themselves were not modern but definitely not outdated either. The kitchen appliances were also on the newer side. The pools were nice as well. My only complaints were the wait times for the elevators were RIDICULOUS and we were on the 18th floor. One day, 2 of the 5 elevators were broke and we waited almost 20 minutes. Also the pool ran out of towels on an almost daily basis and the air conditioner leaked all over the balcony so nothing could be out there to dry. Overall I really enjoyed this hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Effeciency was a great choice but I recommend floors 3 to 7. The higher floors are nice...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!