“Nice place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wife and i stayed at PG 2 nights Saturday, Sunday 3/9 - 3/11. We had a rate thru Hilton Vacations, only drawback we had to attend a high pressure sales presentation from Hilton Vacations. Hotel was nice, room clean.
Please skip the Hotel Restaurant for breakfast. Not worth the price or anything. There are plenty of places to eat withing walking or driving.
Overall a nice time at the PG.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

553 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 days and I loved it. I wish the pool was deeper....it only goes up to 4&1/2 ft. The kitchen is very well equipped. I wasn't to enthused by the proximity of the bathroom to the kitchen. You might consider upgrading your wi-fi. I brought my PS3 so I could watch Hulu & Netflix, the amount of people using the internet caused my service to drag and reload a few times. All & all I enjoyed my stay. I would probably stay again. I goes on my list of great Myrtle Beach stays.

• Stayed March 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at PG in July. (I know way late with my review) We had a mix up with the reservations but they fixed it and we were on our way. Nice views from the room. Hotel is literally RIGHT ON the beach. Enjoyed the free putt-putt game & water park admission we received. I didn't go through the hotel with a comb looking for stuff to complain about it was clean and comfortable and that's all that mattered. The only negative I have is that the on site restaurant service sucked. I'd suggest going off hotel property to eat. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The location was fantastic! We had friends that were there too that weren't even close to the beach! Every room has a view of the ocean. If I ever visit Myrtle Beach again I am certainly choosing Patricia Grand

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Keysville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay it's close to Broadway so the taxi was not expensive. Only complaint was the fridge had a bad odor in it. Also the wifi is not great and goes in and out of service. When we called to check it they said we had to stand close to the window which is crazy

• Stayed March 2013
Anderson, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I waited several months since our stay to write this review so I could feel as though I could give a fair review far separated from the emotions at the time.

My husband and I stayed here during August 2012 for our anniversary. We had never stayed at Patricia Grand and had great expectations. When we checked in my husband, with his unending wit and charm, said 'Put us in your best room!' He is convinced that innocent remark is what led to the room we were booked in. Maybe the girl at the front desk was having a bad day?

We got booked in, what I believe was, room 308. If I am incorrect about the room number, don't worry, you will know this room when you step inside. It was a horrible room. It was run down, the bathroom sink was falling off the wall, there was an incredible leak in the roof outside of our room, there were no less than 8 handicap bars in the bathtub, but, among a hundred little things, the air conditioner was the worst. It was hot and we couldn't go without the air conditioner but it was impossible to sleep due to the incredible noise it would make when it cycled on and off.

On the second morning with no rest, I called the front desk and asked to be moved and was told there were no rooms available. None? Yep, none. That prompted an email to anyone I could find related to the hotel at 6 a.m. in the morning. Luckily a manager of the hotel got us moved to a beautiful room (despite there being no other rooms available according to the front desk girl just a few hours earlier) on the umpteenth floor and more than tried to make up for this experience. I really appreciate the effort put in by management to try and save our anniversary but why did we have to go through all of that in the first place?

As we were moving our belongings from the first room to the second room the front desk sent up a couple to check out the room we were leaving. My hubby told them DO NOT stay in this room!!!

I was so disappointed in the course of events at the Patricia Grand. I don't know if the hotel is overall more like room 308 or the nice room were moved to or somewhere in between but either way I wouldn't feel comfortable booking here in the future.

I based my ratings on the first room we stayed in and the 'front line' staff we encountered because I feel like they shouldn't even be renting the first room until some serious repairs and updates are done and my issues should have been resolved with my first phone call.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

PG is very nice. We enjoyed the whirlpool, indoor pool and lazy river. It was a little cold getting to the pools since you have to walk outside to the elevator. We had a nice view of the ocean. The parking garage is safe but a little hard to navigate with the narrow ramps to go up. PG is nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Patricia Grand Resort Hotel, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!