“Our 2013 Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Middlesex, North Carolina
“Our 2013 Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a great time. The location was perfect to everything we wanted to do. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and the bed slept very comfortable. We had one of the best vacations ever. We were only there for two nights, but it was worth it and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Star, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife surprised me with a beach trip for my birthday. We get to the patricha grand. Its me, my wife and my 1 year old son. As soon as we check in our room we discovered the refrigerator does not work. When they "finally" bring a replacement. The old refrigerator was moved and there were pills, drugs and other crap under the fridge that was not cleaned (keep in mind I have a 1 year old son). Lots of stuff was broke (coffee table, 2 lamps, fridge just to name a few) in the room like a bunch of spring breakers or parties stayed there the night before. Me and my wife had to buy cleaning supplies and spend over an hour cleaning. The room was not clean and the outside railing had a large gap. To add to all this there were loud barking dogs everywhere. On another note. The pool, beach and people working there were nice. We made the best of our trip even though the room was a rough experience. Checking out was also a mess. Took us over an hour to get help.

• Stayed June 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First let me say Don't Believe Everything You See or Hear on the Internet. When I first made our reservations, I mistakenly thought we would be staying in NMB. That is where we always have stayed, never in Myrtle Beach. So when I realized that PG was in MB, I was a little worried, plus I started reading reviews of the hotel, some were terrible! But we arrived at the hotel, lobby is very impressive, bellmen are so very helpful, extremely nice, and the front desk girl with the long hair was super super nice. We wanted to see the room first, (ocean front king suite) i wanted to make sure it was not what I had read. We got to the room, and I was very impressed. There was nothing, absolutely nothing I could say negative about the suite. 8th floor, great views from both LR and BR, I was thrilled. We spent the next couple of days sightseeing MB, so different from NMB, and coming back to the suite, all was clean, quiet, and relaxing.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a friendly staff, a clean place to stay, and a 2nd floor restaurant! (oceanfront)....We will definitely be back. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay a great one!!

Room Tip: 8th floor is not too close to the pool, and not too high up to be able to see the waves wherever you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Most enjoyable two months we ever spent the whole staff is real top shelf people the secondfloorrestaurant is also top notch RICK the chef runs a very good deal along with stacey and crew the food is always fresh and you cant beat the price either the parking garage is very handy and safe

Room Tip: we enjoyed the eight floor on the south side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
South Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I spent most of December and January at the Patricia Grand and will be staying again for the month of March. Nicest place in MB for me and my dog Barney. Katie and Laura at the front desk are awesome. The grandkids loved the indoor pool and lazy river when they visited. The gift shop is actually open 7 days a week during the off-season which is almost unheard of and the prices are not unreasonable considering the convenience of not having to leave the property and track down a WalMart. I can't think of any problems I've had with my extended stays.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sumter, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The hallways were open to the air so it was very chilly when walking to room. But my visit was in Feb. so the cold was expected. Parking garage across the street was super convienent. Asked for early check-in and late check-out and they had no problem accomodating us. Hot tub and pool has great open hours too. We faced the ocean so the room had a fantastc view. The gift shop is about the only fallback, please dont foget anything. The hotel said it was independantly owned. The operator was over 30min late for opening and she upcharged 400% for some of her products.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to the hotel, checked in on a Friday and everything was great. Went during Feb. for a romantic getaway. The next day, kids started showing up. Good hotel but they need a separate indoor pool for kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!