“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We decided on your hotel, because it was the cheapest at this time of the year. All the staff was very polite and punctual when ever we needed anything. Really the only complaint I had is the room looked a lot smaller then it did in the pictures on-line. My husband and I were on our honeymoon, for we had just renewed our wedding vows for 25 years of marriage with a wedding and the first honeymoon we had ever had.

Room Tip: If you like the sound from the ocean, you need to always get oceanfront.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Owego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stopped at this hotel to avoid driving through a storm further north, and was unsure of how it would be, as I don't usually stay at hotels that have so many floors, or are so large. But I will tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was private, quiet and perfect. The staff was very nice, and my small elderly dog was treated like a king! The restaurant staff was very pleasant, and I liked that everything I needed was all in one place; even a store! I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I was on the 15th Floor, and loved it! I was Oceanside, and it was very easy to sleep. Very private...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I paid for a room online for May 1-5 and paid in full. I received a reservation confirmation stating that I was paid in full for the four nights. Today, I receive a phone call stating that they will not honor the reservation because the "price was incorrect" and it was an "online glitch". I feel that they should honor what I paid for. If this is the service that they give before I even arrive, I would be wary of how they would treat me when I got there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
OceanaResorts, General Manager at The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your reservation experience. We are greatly disappointed that you encountered this error in our reservation process. We can assure you that this error has been corrected. It is our understanding that a member of our staff contacted you and noted our willingness to extend an alternate offer for your stay, or even a full refund if you desired. Again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and do hope you’ll decide to reserve your stay with us again in the near future. We are certain you will have a wonderfully memorable vacation experience.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

a step up in cleanliness from the rest of the field competing for your business for an oceanfront stay in Myrtle Beach. the kitchen and bath was recently updated and didn't have the familiar "mildew smell" of most Myrtle beach hotels. staff was great, and gave us our top floor request! Indoor/outdoor hot tub and pool was clean. There's nothing like an outdoor hot tub in the chilly fall temps.
We've been staying at different hotel/resorts in Myrtle for Thanksgiving for about 5 yrs now and this was the best. You'll pay a little more, but for my money it's worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kinston, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Usually stay at Ocean Park, but decided to stay @ PG instead, because were taking granddaughter with us. Didn't think rooms were as clean, nor as nice as Ocean Park, but it was functional. Cooke complete Thanksgiving Lunch (turkey, ham, beans, potato salad, stuffing, gravey, yams, rice, etc...) and we ate. Then, we invited housekeeping crowd from hotel to come in and fix plates. They were excited and told us how much they enjoyed the food.Think they told us they were from Jamaica...and were going back home soon for winter. Felt I had done a "good deed"! On the negative side, the Lazy River @ PG is a JOKE! Yes, you have one, but too small and not much fun, for adults nor children--Also, was cold when we were there, and they had PLASTIC covering outside wall. On positive side, indoor pool was great and very pretty--Better than Ocean Parks'. Workout center was efficient. Would go back there, but NOT IN SUMMER--bet traffic and congestion in area is AWFUL during summer months. Too close to other resorts for me! Was going to eat in restaurant, but was told by other visitors at hotel that was not good and over-priced...So, can't comment on restaurant!
J. Grant

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ohatchee, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked through Expedia and the only part of this experience which was not enjoyable was being told that we owed additional monies for our dog. This was not explained as being additional and when we paid in advance, we thought everything was taken care of. Be very careful that everything you think is included really IS included...

Room Tip: Having an oceanfront, pet friendly suite was awesome! Definitely worth every penny! :-)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have been there a number of times and have not been disappointed. Rooms are nice...staff is nice...and a great view of the ocean! Steps to the beach and all of the pools. Plenty of stuff to do, and close to Boardwalk on the Beach!

Room Tip: We were in room 1904. Clean. Updated. New kitchen. Great view!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!