“Great weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
“Great weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Beautiful view from our balcony. Great price for great room. Very friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful visit.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit and that you had a beautiful view from you balcony. I hope you will stay with us the next time you visit the Grand Strand.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

its just a great place to stay. location is great an great place to bring your furry freinds. not sure who had the most fun me or the dogs...they love the beach

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that your dogs had a great time while playing on the beach and that you enjoyed yourself also. I hope that you and your pets will come back and stay with us again soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I would love to make this our yearly if not bi-yearly vacation destination however I was saddened by the idea that I paid for a RESORT without even the slightest complimentary breakfast because of the time of year we attended which was days after Labor Day. I did enjoy many of the accommodations like the pools, dog ares, fitness room, sauna, spacious rooms with full kitchen and hope to stay there with my family and possibly bring friends and family next time. Definitely clean and dog friendly as well as children friendly. I do wish there was a dog service because I was surprised of how few RESORT accommodations where available to us days after their high peak season even though the hotel seemed fully booked.

PS the front desk staffs attitude is not fantastic over the phone when you call the hotel directly to ask questions ( they don't bother to be professional) but do not let that deter you from a wonderful HOTEL experience. They do try some when you are there in person.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. This resort has never had any breakfast specials no matter what time of the year you stay with us. I am sorry that the front desk staff didn’t take the time to explain that to you properly when you called. I do hope that you will stay with us again.

Boones Mill, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband and I were at Ocean Park for 7 nights. The room was clean and the staff very friendly. We had a great stay and would stay again. While we didn't take a pet with us (we have a cat who really doesn't appreciate car rides :-) ) we wouldn't have known we were staying in a pet friendly hotel if we didn't see the pets outside. We didn't hear any of the dogs at night and only saw them in the designated areas. The pet owners were courteous and took care of the pet waste and didn't let their animals wander where they shouldn't. Our room was cleaned when we were out which was at different times everyday it was like being on a cruise..you come and go as you please and the room genie comes in while you are gone! We stayed on the 6th floor which was great we could sit on the couch in the living room and look out to see the beach and the ocean, it was the perfect level. Now for the negative...which wasn't that bad...the light outside of our room was so bright that is shined in and lit up the bedroom like a major night light, we covered the top of our curtains with a towel so that it was a little darker. There is only one elevator, which in season might be kinda bad. We didn't have problems getting the elevator but if the hotel were busier it mightbe bad. Overall we had a great stay, very nice office staff at the front desk and very nice staff taking care of our room, we did see a couple of maintenance guys and they were nice too. We do plan on staying there again!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you found your room to be clean and that the staff was very friendly. I am sorry that you ran into trouble with the elevator and the light shinning in your room. I hope that these items won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Woodstock, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

For a whole month before we took our vacation I was reading the reviews on here and alot of them scared me! We arrived here this past Saturday September 11, I am still here sitting on my balcony having my morning coffee so very pleased with my resort. The check in was easy, we had to minor issues in our rooms which maintence was here quickly to resolve. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy, my dogs love it. They make fresh coffee for you every morning in the lobby. They have a large yard for my little dogs to enjoy and go potty in. The views are amazing. I can tell they are working hard to make this hotel even better. Don't be affraid of what others said about the elevators, they are super clean and nice I have been all over this resort and everywhere smells fresh and clean. We have plenty of parking. I can not say enough nice things about Ocean Park, I am here for two more nights and have already started asking my husband if we could stay another day. We are coming back to Myrtle beach at Christmas and I am coming here! So don't listen to the reviews that are bad on this one its really not true, this is a great place for familys on a budget that still want quality and cleanliness. I think we payed $475 for six nights and that is a super deal. There is a pet fee but I would have payed a fee to board my dogs anyway, and they would not be as happy as they are right now! I do recommend that if you have small breed dogs like me that you bring along a baby gate for the Balcony door, it has been a life savor for my little one who has the nick name leapster! He has no fears and we didnt want to take any chances with the balcony. The pools are clean, fitness area clean, You will not be dissapointed. I will take some pictures today and put them on here soon. Don't worry just book it!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you came and stayed with us even though you read some reviews that weren’t glowing and that you came to stay with us anyway. I am happy to read that you have been enjoying you stay and that you dog has enjoyed the view also. I hope that your husband agreed to stay another night and we are looking forward to seeing you around Christmas.

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

It had a been awhile since we went on vacation and had no idea where to stay. We definitely needed a pet friendly place and after checking out things on the internet, we decided to stay at the Ocean Park Resort. Based on it's Pet Friendlyness and other comments submitted to this website and after looking at 2 other hotels close by, the Ocean Park seemed the best.

The Ocean Park was clean and conveniently located on the beach with ample parking, undercover no less and it is definitely Pet Friendly!!! They had a special sandy dog area for my pet which was kept clean. The trash cans could stand to be emptied more often and washed out (strong odor from pet pickup). Otherwise I was very comfortable taking my pet to this area.

Since our trip started just after labor day weekend, we did have to wait about 2 hours to get into our room, which we kinda expected, but was hoping we'd get lucky and be able to check in earlier. We checked out the areas of the hotel while we waited, the pools (3 + hot tub) and the work-out room. All looked great!! When our room was finally ready it was on a lower floor than I had hoped and I asked for a room a little higher so that we were sure to enjoy our oceanfront view. The hotel mgr. was very courteous and said not a problem, she had one other room we could look at and see if we liked it better. We definitely took the higher room, the view was awesome!! I've attached a pic here for your enjoyment. The room was roomy (king bed), clean carpet and furnishings, walls looked like they had a fresh coat of paint (no stains or holes), very nice tan color, not your everyday boring white. I will say the cabinets (we had an efficiency room) and bath fixtures were a little outdated, but the minor fresh ups they seem to have made with the carpet and paint, made the room look great, clean and comfortable. Fully stocked with clean utensils, refrigerator, stove and microwave (fullsize). Balcony was a nice size, 2 chairs and a table for relaxing with your favorite drink and a nice breeze to just top things off. Room was very quiet, no screaming kids in the hall or other rooms, even though it was pet friendly througout the ENTIRE hotel, we never did hear another dog bark while in the room. Room had pretty much the basic necessities, blow dryer, shampoo, body lotion and body soap. Oddly enough, no conditioner and no bodywash (just soap). Not a problem though, we always bring our own shower stuff just in case. Not having to bring a hair dryer is always a plus!! Had plenty of towels and room enough for 2 people to be in the bathroom at once. I've seen some pretty small bathrooms in my travels, this one was no problem. The only thing I can say we didn't like is that we had to slam the door in order for it to lock. Thankfully we weren't very early risers or late night people, so hopefully we didn't disturb anyone. Other than that, the hotel was a pleasant surprise since we chose it based on feedback only and their website.

We would definitely stay at Ocean Park again and recommend it to those that have pets especially. Some hotels have limited number of rooms for pets, but the Ocean Park is ENTIRELY pet friendly, no matter which floor or room. Doesn't get much better than that!

We were sooooo glad we stayed at the Ocean Park!!! Just out of curiosity we checked the other 2 pet friendly hotels for comparison and believe me, there was NONE! The after Labor Day value just added more pleasure to our experience. We definitely got alot for the little we paid for the room. Thanks, Ocean Front for such a pleasant experience!! We look forward to visiting with you again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Taylorsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Wonderful place to stay. Close to everything. Staff was very friendly and facilities were very clean. Beautiful ocean views from our balcony. Outdoor pool was so refreshing, and the heated indoor pool and whirlpool were awesome too. We are planning on returning in the future with our dog. Great place for vacationers with four legged friends!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found our resort to be a wonderful place to stay and that the staff was very friendly. I am glad that you enjoyed being able to bring your pet. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Been to Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!