My husband and I have just returned from a one month vacation at the Ocean Park Resort. Before the vacation, I had read several reviews and was somewhat anxious about having reserved there. We arrived there mid february and registration was efficient and courteous. Our unit # 908 was disappointing though. While we had a superb ocean view (this is what we enjoyed most), the furniture , appliances and carpet were very old and worn out. The hotel was renovating the 3 units next to us- NOISY. It would have been nice to be assigned a more quiet area, especially for the long term stay. They were painting and replacing some flooring but not the furniture. We visited other units and they were all alike. Several things did not work in our units: TV, toaster, dining chair, hard mattress etc.. but all problems were taken care off as best as possible. We made due with what we had and made the unit our own. (candles, tablecloths, pictures flowers etc...) We had brought sheets and so we covered the torn sofa and I purchased my own broom to sweep the floors daily. The maid emptied the trash and changed the towels daily, and changed the bed linen and sometimes vacuumed weekly. A few times I asked to use the vacuum and did it myself. The elevators need to be replaced- very slow, The staff was very polite and friendly and they worked with what they had. We so enjoyed the outdoor spa but again it needed daily maintenance and so did the inside pool area. In the entire stay we saw the outdoor spa cleaned once. However it was nice to have indoor spa and pool for the cool days. We were situated close to many restaurants and shopping and golf. The hotel was generally quiet- there were a few nights where spring breakers were rowdy. While in town, we visited other resorts to compare same type unit for our money and found several that were newer and more updated. We would recommend The Boardwalk- main tower corner units, The M Grand, The Paradise. Also, there was so much vacancy in February, that we found unnecessary to have booked ahead. March may be different. We had booked with Patricia.com. Better rates if you book directly with the hotel. While we were disappointed with the condition of the hotel, we thoroughly focused on the positive and and the privilege to live such a vacation. I am merely reviewing the hotel accommodation. The rest was great.
ps. We stayed a couple of extra days due to snow storms up north and they accommodated us kindly with the same monthly rates. Great...
Our personnal rating : 2* +
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our oceanfront Myrtle Beach resort features standard rooms and suites able to accommodate the needs of any guest. Featuring furnished private balconies, fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas and guest laundry services, our accommodations feel like your second home. A great bonus is being able to bring your pet on vacation with you. We accept all pets, as long as they are less than 20lbs and a non aggressive breed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Hotel
- Ocean Park Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Myrtle Beach