“Bring Your Pets & Kids Too” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 S. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Garner, North Carolina
“Bring Your Pets & Kids Too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

I've stayed at many higher priced resorts in Myrtle Beach. This resort is by far the best value, the cleanest rooms,nicest staff, easy parking, great location on the beach and they allow pets. It's difficult to find a resort that allows pets. I prefer to bring my dog than to pay to kennel him in a cage.

Try this resort.... You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found this resort to be the best value and that you had the cleanest room and the nicest staff at this resort. I am glad that you brought along your pet so you both could enjoy the beach. I hope that you both will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel in the middle of September 2009 and we did enjoy it. We did not bring our dog but we wished we would of! The room we had was ocean front with a full kitchen! Loved that part! The room was clean but not spectacular. They had two pools one indoor and one outdoor as well as a great outdoor hot tub. The outdoor pool was a wonderful setting from the pool you can see the ocean and palm trees all around which made it so relaxing!

We will hopefully stay there again next year and will bring our dog with us! She will love it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, March 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you might even bring your dog next time. I am glad that you liked your room having a full kitchen and sitting in the outdoor pool to enjoy all of the surroundings. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

My husband, pet, and I stayed at Ocean Park for a long weekend. The staff was VERY friendly and the hotel has great areas for your pet to go outside and play or potty. Rooms are a bit out-dated, but our doggy didn't care :) He and we had a great time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you found the staff to be very friendly and that the resort has plenty of places for your pet to play. I hope that you and your pet will come back and stay with us again soon.

Littleton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

We spent a very nice weekend and took our dog. The check in staff was very attentive and provided biscuits for the dog. The room was very nice and well equipped. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that you found the staff to be very attentive and that your room was very nice. I hope that you and your pet will come back and stay with us again soon.

West Columbia SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

My husband wanted to surprise me with a trip to Myrtle Beach for my birthday with my son so we found this place. When we got to the room it was freezing cold- so we gave it a chance to warm up it never did so they moved us to the room next door- It was cold too and finally started warming up after an hour or so. Well trying to make the best out of this situation I decided to take a shower- I let it heat up- so I thought, got in and cold water. My husband called the front desk and they said to let it run for 20 minutes- What the______! IT was awful. Outdated furniture. The only positive was it had an ocean view. This place is for college students on spring break who do not care what kind of dump they stay in and just want to party. There are not many good places on the South end of Ocean blvd- The only one I know is South Beach Resort if you can get in otherwise stay on the North end if you don't want to feel like you are staying in the slums of Myrtle Beach or just go to North Myrtle Beach. Take my advice DON"T STAY HERE!!!! IT WAS AWFUL!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for providing feedback concerning your most recent visit to Ocean Park. I apologize if your stay with us was not the most comfortable. I have reviewed your comments and addressed them. We have had some very cold nights here in December and January and with our occupancy a little low, it takes a little longer for the hot water to circulate through the pipes of the building. We are currently working on updating the system to avoid the issue. Again I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

George Shaw

Lexington KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

The hotel staff was extremely polite. There was a wonderful place to walk your dog. However, the room we stayed in was in severe need of a renovation and deep cleaning. It smelled like an animal shelter and was run down.

If this hotel was to renovate and replace all the smelly carpet with tile it would be outstanding.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly and that you liked the place to walk you dog at. I am sorry that you found the room you stayed in needing to be updated. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

If you are looking for a hotel in Myrtle Beach that you can bring your dog(s) too, than this may be for you.

We stayed here with our two dogs over the Holiday season. The dogs loved the beach and didn't really say much negative about the room.

However, it was in need of a makeover...doors were severly scratched. Not sure if front door was too secure. The bathroon amd kitchen needed some TLC (or a lick of paint
and deep cleaning.

We asked for a room on alower floor when we booked, however we were placed on the 10th floor upon arrival. A little incovenient when you have to take out two dogs. Lucky the elevators ran well and th hotal was not too busy.

There was a lack of hot water and issues with a non working safe. These were minor and we worked around them.

Parking was ample and the staff was friendly. The location is excellent for those of you, who like to walk you dog along a fantastic beach.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is considering taking their per with them to MB. If your not..then look around...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, January 8, 2010
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you liked the location of the resort since you were able to walk your dog on the beach and that the staff was friendly. I am sorry that you didn’t get a room on the floor that you wanted and that there was a lack of hot water. I hope that these items won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We would like the opportunity to serve you again.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Been to Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!