“Great for Pets” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raleigh
“Great for Pets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

My husband, pet, and I stayed at Ocean Park for a long weekend. The staff was VERY friendly and the hotel has great areas for your pet to go outside and play or potty. Rooms are a bit out-dated, but our doggy didn't care :) He and we had a great time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you found the staff to be very friendly and that the resort has plenty of places for your pet to play. I hope that you and your pet will come back and stay with us again soon.

1,116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Littleton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

We spent a very nice weekend and took our dog. The check in staff was very attentive and provided biscuits for the dog. The room was very nice and well equipped. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that you found the staff to be very attentive and that your room was very nice. I hope that you and your pet will come back and stay with us again soon.

West Columbia SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

My husband wanted to surprise me with a trip to Myrtle Beach for my birthday with my son so we found this place. When we got to the room it was freezing cold- so we gave it a chance to warm up it never did so they moved us to the room next door- It was cold too and finally started warming up after an hour or so. Well trying to make the best out of this situation I decided to take a shower- I let it heat up- so I thought, got in and cold water. My husband called the front desk and they said to let it run for 20 minutes- What the______! IT was awful. Outdated furniture. The only positive was it had an ocean view. This place is for college students on spring break who do not care what kind of dump they stay in and just want to party. There are not many good places on the South end of Ocean blvd- The only one I know is South Beach Resort if you can get in otherwise stay on the North end if you don't want to feel like you are staying in the slums of Myrtle Beach or just go to North Myrtle Beach. Take my advice DON"T STAY HERE!!!! IT WAS AWFUL!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for providing feedback concerning your most recent visit to Ocean Park. I apologize if your stay with us was not the most comfortable. I have reviewed your comments and addressed them. We have had some very cold nights here in December and January and with our occupancy a little low, it takes a little longer for the hot water to circulate through the pipes of the building. We are currently working on updating the system to avoid the issue. Again I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

George Shaw

Lexington KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

The hotel staff was extremely polite. There was a wonderful place to walk your dog. However, the room we stayed in was in severe need of a renovation and deep cleaning. It smelled like an animal shelter and was run down.

If this hotel was to renovate and replace all the smelly carpet with tile it would be outstanding.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly and that you liked the place to walk you dog at. I am sorry that you found the room you stayed in needing to be updated. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

If you are looking for a hotel in Myrtle Beach that you can bring your dog(s) too, than this may be for you.

We stayed here with our two dogs over the Holiday season. The dogs loved the beach and didn't really say much negative about the room.

However, it was in need of a makeover...doors were severly scratched. Not sure if front door was too secure. The bathroon amd kitchen needed some TLC (or a lick of paint
and deep cleaning.

We asked for a room on alower floor when we booked, however we were placed on the 10th floor upon arrival. A little incovenient when you have to take out two dogs. Lucky the elevators ran well and th hotal was not too busy.

There was a lack of hot water and issues with a non working safe. These were minor and we worked around them.

Parking was ample and the staff was friendly. The location is excellent for those of you, who like to walk you dog along a fantastic beach.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is considering taking their per with them to MB. If your not..then look around...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, January 8, 2010
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you liked the location of the resort since you were able to walk your dog on the beach and that the staff was friendly. I am sorry that you didn’t get a room on the floor that you wanted and that there was a lack of hot water. I hope that these items won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We would like the opportunity to serve you again.

sue72160
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

I had been online looking up different hotels before our trip. I chose this one basically for the price as we were on a tight budget, but needed a get-a-way! We were so happy with our choice! We are counting down the days til we can go back & we are definately staying here again. A small issue upon check-in was immediately taken care of. Everyone so was very friendly. The ocean front efficency room was PERFECT! The pool & jacquzzi was wonderful after a day of running around the city! The hotel is right on the beach...I could step out of the hotel & right on the beach every morning! The view from our balcony was so awesome! Whether you are traveling with your family or on a romantic get-a-way...this place is perfect!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that your room was perfect and that the staff was friendly. I am glad that you liked the location of the resort since it is right on the beach and that you had an awesome view from the balcony. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

This is one of the few oceanfront hotels in Myrtle Beach that allows pets (under 20 lbs.). The room we had was an efficiency with full kitchen and facing the ocean. Although the hotel isn't five star and some of the fixtures need updating, it was a terrific place to stay. The room was clean, kitchen floor was new, and the appliances all worked well. The beds weren't the most comfortable we've slept on, but not horrible. The hotel has an outdoor and indoor pool (both large and nice) and a small indoor jacuzzi and large outdoor one. There was plenty of area to walk our Chihuahua and the staff was friendly and very accomodating. The location is excellent and convenient to restaurants, Broadway on the Beach, and the Palace Theater. We were very impressed by this hotel and plan to visit again next year.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you very impressed with the resort and that you had plenty of room to walk your dog. I am happy that you like the location of the resort since it is so close to many attractions. I am sorry that the beds weren’t the most comfortable that you had slept in before. I hope that this won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We would like the opportunity to serve you again.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Been to Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!