If you are traveling with a pet, but you still want an ocean front hotel with a beautiful view, at a reasonable price; this place is definitely for you!
If you're looking for that 5 star "luxury resort" experience where everything is high end, and you're pampered like a Prince or Princess, this place is probably NOT for you.
The Ocean Park is exactly what it claims to be: an "economy" resort. It caters to families with dogs (20lbs or less, and they do strictly enforce that) and since most Myrtle Beach seaside hotels DON'T accept pets, most of the guests who stay here seem to bring dogs.
Beyond that, let me write about the Pros and Cons of this hotel:
Pros: Staff (the staff is very friendly and accommodating; sometimes they seem stretched a bit thin, but they always do their best, and do so with a smile), view (gorgeous views of the Atlantic Ocean), beach (nice, wide, clean sandy beach and you're right on it), hot tubs and pools (both indoor and outdoor hot tubs and pools, so even if it rains you can still go swimmin' and tubbin'), Value (for an oceanfront hotel the price really isn't bad, particularly if you book one of the 'special' rates, rooms feature full kitchens too, so you can save some $$$ by preparing some meals yourself), Surprisingly quiet (doesn't have the same 'paper thin' walls as many other hotels, for a dog friendly place it's surprisingly quiet, your neighbors have to be REALLY loud for them to disturb you).
Cons: Cleanliness (the staff try hard, but this place just isn't as clean as it should be, I know it's hard with dogs and people constantly tracking sand off the beach, but my wife and I had to do a 'clean up' of our suite on our own on the first day, and common areas look kinda dingy too), Super Slow Elevators (at people times expect to use the stairs or wait 10 minutes, for the slow and always full elevators to offer you a space; a resort this size should have at least 4 elevators, but there are only 2), Slow WiFi (included in your $5 day "resort fee" ... it's really, really slow), No onsite restaurant or bar (although there are a few places you can walk to within less than 5 minutes down the beach), Nickel and Dime feel (Towels aren't available at the pool areas, you have to ask for them at the front desk, which is a problem if the desk is busy, ask you to wear arm bands at the pool (though that's seldom enforced), have to "sign out" key for fitness room (which is full of somewhat outdated equipment ... no towels or water available in there either, and the AC doesn't seem to run in that part of the hotel), Obvious signs of wear and tear in some places that hasn't been taken care of.
Overall, I do recommend this place. My wife and I enjoyed our 2 week vacation stay here, and we would come back. The friendly people, prime oceanfront location and pet friendliness are its biggest assets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our oceanfront Myrtle Beach resort features standard rooms and suites able to accommodate the needs of any guest. Featuring furnished private balconies, fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas and guest laundry services, our accommodations feel like your second home. A great bonus is being able to bring your pet on vacation with you. We accept all pets, as long as they are less than 20lbs and a non aggressive breed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Hotel
- Ocean Park Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Myrtle Beach