“Nice place to stay in Myrtle Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 30%!
Ranked #23 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Palm Bay, Florida
“Nice place to stay in Myrtle Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was very favorably impressed with Ocean Park Resort. I had a room with two beds on the sixth floor overlooking the ocean. The view was great and I enjoyed some time sitting on the balcony listening to the ocean. The room was clean and comfortable; I liked its layout, which included a nice kitchen area. When I was searching online for a place to stay, I sorted the listing by price. Ocean Park was one of the least expensive hotels on the beach in my timeframe (1st full week of August 2013). Considering this and the quality of the place, I was really pleased with my choice and the stay there. It also had nice pools and hot tubs, both indoor and outdoor, on the beachside. My only complaint would be that the computer in the lobby for guest use was horribly slow and prone to lock-up. Not traveling with a laptop or WiFi phone, I had to rely on their PC, and it was a very frustrating experience. However, my daughter, who had a tablet, found that the WiFi worked fine. The hotel is more than walking distance south of the main tourist area (where the Sky Wheel is), but I found it no problem driving to where we wanted to go. The beach at the hotel was very nice. At the bottom line, I'd certainly consider staying at Ocean Park Resort again if I return to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Extremely good bang for the buck!! Very clean! Fast elevators! Very clean pools! Very effective air conditioning, clean everything very friendly staff very good location! My wife and I are extremely please with this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

There are not many ocean front hotels at the beach (that are not dumps) that allow pets. This place is a rare gem. The staff is super friendly and made us and our dog feel welcome. The hotel was clean and has a great location. We booked an OF room for a great price off season. Our dog had a blast people watching from the balcony. They even gave her a goodie bag when we checked in. They have a pet potty area also. Nice to have a kitchen in the room. We will be back! They have a sister property that also allows dogs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Can't really complain about our stay. We had a 2-bedroom suite and if you're traveling with a large family, the setup was perfect! Rooms were clean. Carpet was pretty worn and our comforter had nail polish stains on it, but overall cleaniness was good. You hear yappy dogs in the hallway but we never heard them from our room. Beach and pools were nice. Oh- our only complaint: the vending machines by the pool weren't working, so sitting all day in the beach with nothing to drink was brutal. Finally found machines on another floor but they only had canned soda and no water. But we'd likely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Hebron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I would like to let people know I took my 77 yr old mom my daghter and two grandson to myrtel beach I did alot of research on hotels and choose ocean park the best choice I ever made. The room was great stove rifg with ice maker and a micowave the beds was wonderful. The staff was wonderful we checked in early thanks to trina. We was oceanfront and had a great time my mom now is planning next years trip but she informed me they are not booking rooms this early so you got my approval along with mammys and that means the world to us.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a wonderful time with my family. It was great to be able to bring our little dog with us and feel at home. Great service from the office staff, cleaning service and maintenance. They took care of all our needs quickly and efficiently. Look forward to going again next year.

Burlington, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a very nice place with an excellent view! The reason I only gave 4 instead of a five was for two reasons. It only has two elevators to accommodate over 10 stories. The elevators also lack A/C but have TV's kind of confused about that one! The other is other hotels have a restaurant in the hotel and it did not offer activities for kids. The room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable. If you are over 6 foot you might have an issue with getting into the shower. It seems to be made for shorter people but the water pressure is outstanding! Overall the location and service at the hotel deserve a 6 star rating! My kids decided on the check in night around 10pm they needed extra pillows. We had the extra pillows in 5 minutes max!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!