“Nice family place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 S. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 30% off weeknights!
Ranked #22 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Burlington, North Carolina, United States
“Nice family place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a very nice place with an excellent view! The reason I only gave 4 instead of a five was for two reasons. It only has two elevators to accommodate over 10 stories. The elevators also lack A/C but have TV's kind of confused about that one! The other is other hotels have a restaurant in the hotel and it did not offer activities for kids. The room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable. If you are over 6 foot you might have an issue with getting into the shower. It seems to be made for shorter people but the water pressure is outstanding! Overall the location and service at the hotel deserve a 6 star rating! My kids decided on the check in night around 10pm they needed extra pillows. We had the extra pillows in 5 minutes max!

1,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Ocean park is a great pet friendly hotel!! When you walk in you would never know it was pet friendly, everywhere in the hotel was very clean, it smelled great like there were no furry friends there. They cater to the animals with a great groomer/pet daycare on site, which is nice if you'll be out for a while! Staff are all wonderful, everyone is so friendly and helpful!! Rooms were spacious, very clean, and well kept. This was our first time with the hotel but we will now be repeat guests!! We love ocean park and can't wait to stay again soon!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Altavista, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This vacation was unbeliveable! The resort was clean outside.Even with them allowing pets. The staff at the front desk answered all our needs. The cleaning lady Shirley I wished i could take her home.One time I told my ten old son to make sure he was dry before entering the first floor lobby,inwhich one of the cleaning ladies replied. Teach them right Dad,and you want have to worry about them as they become young men. I also needed the maintenance guy. His name was Wayne. Oceana resorts should be proud of this professional gentleman he went above and beyond to make my familys needs satisfied. Overall I think it was the best family resort and I will not hesitate to book again.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a great place to stay ! We had a thurs - sun visit ,everyone was very helpful and pleasant !The place was clean and the first floor where you come in from the pool or beach was constantly being wiped down to keep it from getting too wet and slippery ! They had an outdoor and indoor kiddie pool which was great for my granddaughter to play in without us having to get in with her ! Then a very nice clean outdoor pool and a heated indoor pool ! We were a little leary of staying at a doggie friendly hotel , even though we have pets ourselves but do not travel with them . It turned out all right , doggies have a separate entrance and exit to outdoors with owners not being able to walk them through the pool area , and we saw them in the elevator but didn't hear them at any time during our stay ! We will definitely be back , it was as nice of a place to stay if not better than our usual place . Thank You Ocean Park for making our trip fun !

Room Tip: we stayed in a two queen bed efficiency room , and the bathroom was a little small but was sufficien...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This is just a beautiful place to stay. We enjoyed our stay and this is and will be our place to stay when we visit the beach again. From check in to check out, from front desk to housekeeping, the staff was very nice, attitude was great as well as service. Rooms were clean as well as the hotel all the way around. I would not stay any place else. It was so peaceful and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013
Tuxedo, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Once again.. We had a great time! It truly is everything I expected and more. The only complaint(and really no big thing) was.. the outside hot tub jets was only working on one side and so we had to wait our turn to get into the bubbles when more than a few people got in..The cleaning ladies ROCK... They do a great job and are so very nice (So leave a big tip) and Ms.S does an amazing job in the Doggy spa down on the first floor. They is not a Cafe' on the grounds but are many just a block or two away. Thanks again Ocean Park!

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my 1st visit to Myrtle Beach and it was excellent! Ocean Park was just as I expected it would be if not a little better. I asked for a high floor for that view and they gave me the 11th floor thank you Ocean Park!!! Loved the foot wash for washing off sandy tootsies when coming in from the beach. My only complaint was we busted butt from Ohio to get there by the 4pm check in and arrived at 3:30ish. The room was not ready. By 4 it was not ready. When I spoke to the man at the front desk he didn't know when it would be ready I replied that check in was 4 and he informed me check in was 4 and after. Hummm well that's not really good cause my family and I could be waiting a LONG time after our very long road trip with exhausted little dog to boot. At 4:15 I went to check yet again and thankfully he said 5 more minutes. That was good cause I was prepared to make a scene. LOL Housekeeping was around same time every morning, those poor ladies work very hard so be nice to them! We however didn't really need anything but towels and trashbags. :) It was great we could bring our furry friend with us. They provide doggie bags for you to pick up your dogs big business so use them people!!! Rude is everywhere I guess. All in all we will be back to Ocean Park for that beautiful view. Missing it here in rainy Ohio!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!