“This hotel is so-so, over rated for minimal maid staff.” 3 of 5 stars

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 S. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“This hotel is so-so, over rated for minimal maid staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were fine, nothing fancy. The one thing that bugs me is how lazy the maid staff is. The jacuzzi was nice. But the cleanliness was only so-so. The bathroom had mold in it and there was lots of dirt on the nightstand. The kitchen was clean though. Overall this deserves a 3/5.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
cape cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Clean and comfortable room. The hotel is set back just a little bit on a very wide and long beach. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor spas and pools (the indoor one is heated), so the weather is not a problem. The manager and desk staff were were very helpful. I would definitely stay there again if I were to revisit the area. The nearest restaurant was a pancake place a few blocks away but other restaurants require some driving. I stayed at a Mariott Courtyard in Charleston later in my trip which cost twice as much and provided many fewer features.

Room Tip: I chose an upper floor room that was quieter than a lower level. The cleaning crew seem to arrive e...
Vinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

For the second year, I spent my November at Ocean Park. I found it so relaxing. When I had family joining me for Thanksgiving, the staff went out of their way to see that I had everything I needed for the extra guests. I like that they have a fitness room with a treadmill (also several pieces of exercise equiptment). I can't wait till I get to come again for an extended stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was great. The room was very clean and was newly updated. I really enjoyed my stay and will be returning. For the hotel to be pet friendly. it was very clean and pleased with my stay. This hotel is highly recommended by me.

Galena, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

For the second year in a row we chose to stay in Myrtle Beach at Ocean Park, very nice, extremely dog friendly, right on the beach. I would like to see more amenities for children we brought our grandchildren, daughter, son in law and his mother. Not much for kids to do with the exception of playing on the beach, so something more for them would be great such as a pool area with a kid friendly theme.
Unfortunately there was one issue with the chlorine levels in the internal hot tub, it completely bleached out my bathing suit and the manager the next day was adamant that all levels were as they should be...not so we had a chance to speak to a pool employee and he confirmed there was an issue and he had to come back to fix it. Mr. Deaton was not customer friendly in trying to resolve the situation, he took more of an "not our fault approach". I still have to replace the bathing suit he insisted I leave behind, so not so happy about that.

Room Tip: 116 excellent choice with all the comforts of home, washer/dryer, dishwasher, nice breakfast bar for...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

From Michael at check-in to Greg at check-out, the entire staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable about the area. I've stayed at other pet friendly properties, but nothing even comes close to my experience at Ocean Park Resort, The room was completely renovated, beds were very comfortable, and I wish I could have taken the pillows home. The view from the balcony is amazing, and I was surprised at how quiet the rooms are. Eddie in Maintenance is the best. He remembered my dogs name, and every time he saw us we were greeted. Those little things make it obvious that they understand our pets are family members, and we certainly felt at home. When traveling with your pet, there is only one Hotel and this is it...

Room Tip: Ocean front views are amazing, and well worth the extra $10
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My stay at your property was perfect. The beds were comfortable n the room was clean. Nice ocean view. Staff at check in was friendly n polite. Parking was easy access to and from hotel to various points of interest was easy. Would recommend the Oceana to anyone interested in a comfortable stay in Myrtle Beach SC

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!