“Excellent, clean and friendly hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 S. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pamplico, South Carolina
“Excellent, clean and friendly hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I took a chance with this hotel when my friends wanted to come to SC from PA! The customer service/reservation specialist was more than helpful! When I got to the resort, I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean and the staff was very kind and helpful. We went to the hot tub and indoor pool. which was well maintained. It is very rare that there isnt just something wrong, but there seriously wasnt anything!! We stayed on a corner 2 BR suite on the 5th floor, which was nice and quiet...No one can beat the off season rates and the weather was in the 70's.

I returned in about a month with my husband and furbaby! The pet area on the first level of the parking garage was a very brillant idea! It is made of artifical grass and stocked with doggy bags. The only thing I had a small issue with was the hot tub smelled strong of chlorine. It faded my husband's navy blue swimming trunks to a brownish rust color and my bathing suit's straps (only) to a lime green. I am not that upset, but I suppose I would be provided it was clothes that were expensive.

All in all, I do not think that you will have an issue with this hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite on the 5th floor. Since it is 1/2 way up, there is a good view of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We had an ocean front efficiency room. It came with a full size range oven and full size refrigerator. I wish they would have separated us from the next occupied room by an empty room since it was off season. The neighboring guests were going in and out all the time, sometimes very early in the morning. The first day and a half we were there the elevators stunk really bad even though they looked new and spotless. Not really sure why but it was taken care of. Only other things I noticed were that some of the furnishings were older and worn. But all in all they were nice rooms and we had were good stay there.

• Stayed November 2012
Tillsonburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband, myself and our little Lowchen dog had a wonderful 2wk stay. Beautiful oceanfront views from our one bedroon corner unit. Staff always friendly and heipful! Very clean everywhere in the resort and pools and hot spas were very user friendly. Hoping to spend a month there this winter! Counting days til we will return!!

Room Tip: Pay the little extra and arrange for an oceanfront unit. View is worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Park Resort during a motorcycle trip from Boston to Florida. We were traveling with our small dog so pet friendly was essential without huge pet fees. This resort is very pet friendly. It even has a pet spa and an area down in the garage set aside specifically to bring your pet to relieve themselves. Our overall impression of the resort was that it was old and a bit worn but clean and it was obvious the owners try very hard to keep everything tidy and maintained. Our room was an oceanfront king with a kitchen and balcony for $66 with a $15 pet fee. Can't beat that! The bed was very comfortable with good pillows. The resort is right on the beach with free covered parking for our bikes. This was my first time in Myrtle Beach and I will be back to this resort when I return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Pet friendly, doesn't smell like dog, friendly staff (housekeeping lady was pretty rude when I asked for new sheets). Nice view of the ocean, centrally located, decent price (I don't understand the nightly fee of $15 per night for a pet though). Overall if you are traveling with a pet this is one if the few places that allow them.

• Stayed November 2012
Burlington, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My family(incl our dog) and I spent a week here from Oct.5-12. The resort is right on the beach as a result is very convienient. The room was a suite with a fridge and stove. It was spacious,however, could use a refresh. I understand being on the ocean and allowing dogs will and to wear and tear. Opening the balcony door allowed the sounds of the ocean to fill the tv sitting area-very nice! Beach ifo the hotel was great for swimming/walking.

Staff were very friendly and I would not hestitate to stay here again if travelling with our dog. I would try another hotel on the beach if vacationing sans pouch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ocean Park resort was a wonderful experience for our family vacation. The room was outstanding ,and the staff was ready at all times to make our stay a great vacation. I believe we have found our home away from home at Ocean Park Myrtle Beach SC. The rooms are very spacious and clean. My eighty nine old mother enjoyed looking at the ocean from the room. with her little dog sweety. For A great vacation at a pet friendly Hotel Try Ocean Park you will love it

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the second floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!