“Another Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rochester, New York
“Another Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

My wife and I spent another very relaxing week at the Ocean Park Resort. Now that the busy summer season is over, the maintenance staff has shifted their attention to refurbishing several of the suites. The 12th and 11th floor suites had already been completed and they were working on several of the 10th floor suites during our stay. The completed rooms looked very nice! They recently added new deck and pool lounge chairs which were very comfortable! The new general manager at the Resort appeared to be very aware of the TripAdvisor concerns of previous guests and is working diligently to correct them. We had no problems with the elevators and the staff (especially Earl) was very helpful. We are looking forward to our next trip to the Ocean Park Resort, scheduled for January of 2008!

• Liked — Large Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — Having to leave after 1 week!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

Allright, Lets Set It Straight,It's NOT The RITZ Hotel, But You DON'T Pay That Price. We Stayed Monday Thru Saturday (5 nites) Cost...$300.00 NOT BAD AT ALL By Todays Standards. Location Was GOOD. The Front Desk Was More Than HELPFULL, Making Sure I Was COMPLETELY SATISIFIED. Our Room Was CLEANED DAILY INCLUDING FRESH TOWELS EVERYDAY. The Two Elevators Were NOT Half Aa Bad As Everyone Says. The Pools Were CLEANED EVERYDAY. Yes There Were Nicks In The Walls And Furniture But So What? If You Want GOLD FIXTURES And BUTLER SERVICE You Wont Find It Here, But If You Want A Clean Room With A Helpfull Staff And A GREAT VIEW For A REASONABLE PRICE, This Is YOUR HOTEL.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

From the second I walked into this hotel I new it was going to be a horrible stay. When we first got there the person at the front desk was fighting with a lady over the house keeping. I thought well mabby it was just the lady boy was I wrong. When I got to my room it was nasty. The floor was not vacumed the bathroom floor had hair all over it, there was a dirty pan in the oven and there were no bath towels or wash cloths. I called down to the front desk to let them know and it took almost 3 hours for someone to bring towels and get the dirty pans. Then there was the elevators which are horrible ,takes 15 minutes to get were u need to go and the 2nd day we were the there the water went off and stayed off all day and when it came back on it was brown and nasty and there was not hot water to even shower with. Also there was no lock on are balcony door and we were on the 10th floor with small children. It was a horrible stay the only good thing about was the view. If hell was a hotel it would be Ocean Park Resort.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NN VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

Not happy at all. The place is very run down. Would not check us in early and at 4pm still had to wait. Then we get our room and it is a dive. No lock on back door and front door looks as it has been bashed in and not fixed. I could not check out as I was staying with a timeshare and had no where to go. Then I left two things in the room and have called numerous times to see if they have them and no one in Lost and Found can seem to help me! Housekeeping was very nice though!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

House cleaning service was rude and very rushy.
Checkout was 11:00 they where knocking on our door
at 10: 15 as if to rush us out early.

Rooms need to be remodeled. Rust around door
hinges looks like water damage. No meal service
at all. Had to find a place to get breakfast/coffee. Only
delivery service was Pizza being advertised.

Customer Service very unprofessional.
Front desk help seems a bit insensitive or terribly
inexperienced. Not well groomed at all.

Elevator/phone servIce horrible. We Will not stay
at this place again during next few visits to Myrtle Beach.
We paid for the view.

The rooms where horrible. We stayed for 3 days and spent
approximiately $ 500.00 MAINLY FOR A GOOD VIEW OF THE BEACH. I did not even feel comfortable leaving the room for
fear of my things being rummaged through.

Who was in leadership here? Never could figure that out.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Raleigh, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

August 5, 2007
upset beach traveler
Just returned from a stay at the "luxury" oceanfront hotel Ocean Park Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC. We arrived around 10 pm after a long drive. Our upbeat mood upon arrival changed quickly once entering the room. There was a noticable odor, the wallpaper is literally peeling off the wall in multiple places, the carpet was stained and the floors were dirty. Someone, perhaps a maid using the telephone, had come into the room and left a soda cup on the bedside table. Being an oceanfront hotel in August, there were no other rooms for exchange. While most of the dinnerware was clean, the silverware tray had accumulated what appeared to be years of dirt and mold and the half gallon pitcher had excessive mold inside. Housekeeping did replace the pitcher and brought us missing items from the kitchen quickly. The balcony had one dirty chair and a chipped table. The missing balcony chair was replaced by mid-morning the next day, but it was dirty too. There was a piece of the molded shower that had been damaged and had an exposed hole. At some time the furniture had been replace in the room, but the sites where the previous headboards and the wall mirror had been were left either with large bolts sticking out of the wall or nickle-sized holes in the wall. The air conditioner did work good. The staff was very young and appeared to hate their jobs. We only stayed one night and asked for a refund for the second night, which was denied. We didn't really expect a refund, but due to the number of problems we had, tried anyway. We stayed in room 306.

• Liked — oceanfront
  • Disliked — nasty room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Asheboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2007

I read some of the reviews after I had made my reservation. After reading some of the reviews, my thoughts were "Oh no what have I gotten myself into". I had booked the room for me and my fiance to spend a weekend at the beach together. Pretty much all we were looking for was a nice place to spend a few days to ourselves. I kept my feelings to myself about the place. But, I will have to say that our experience at Ocean Park Resort was a great holiday. Our room was pretty clean when we arrived, the rooms view was great. I will say that there is some things that can be renovated or just repaired. I would have to say the only thing that really concerned us was the elevator. A little shaky and slow moving. We had a chance to meet some of the housekeeping staff. They were very kind and courteous. Overall, I will have to say we had a good time, and I will consider staying at the Ocean Park Resort again in the future.

• Liked — The oceanfront private balcony and easy access to the beach
  • Disliked — The elevators were a little shaky
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!