“Family Affair Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #143 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Family Affair Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I enjoyed my 1st visit. The only thing i did not like is one bedroom did not have a TV and no stereo system in the condo. But I will bring my own music when I return in 2012. It is the best family vacation location because you are able to relax, play and enjoy the boardwalk. It's a lot to do. I'm making it a family affair each year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This resort is a part of Ocean Forest Villas, it is a group of 7 individual houses, all 3 bedroom, 2 bath. You cannot find reviews of this resort, and Ocean Forest Villas will tell you they know nothing of the houses. You will check in at the Ocean Forest Villas, then you are on your own.

The first house we checked into, house #3, had no air conditioning and an alarm was sounding from the stove every three to five minutes. I called Ocen Forest Villas which sent maintenance, then told me to call a different number because they knew nothing of the houses. I was then moved to house #4.

There was a musty smell throughout the house, but at least the air worked. When you step into the house, be prepared to step back into the 1980. There are no updates here. Lattice is the choice of decor. The washing machine leaked, the toilets did not flush well, pillows were nasty, bed uncomfortable, etc. Any calls to Ocean Forest Villas will become frustrating as they continue to say we know nothing about the houses and then become argumentative.

The house has good bones and with some TLC could become a good place to stay, but no one wants to take responsibility of these homes.

I would not recomend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Brockville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had not been to M.B. for a few years and since the weather was great found this place overlooking the ocean. We stayed on the 22nd floor with wonderful views of the ocean etc.
The biggest complaint was extremely worn uncomfortable balcony furniture. The condos are
privately owned so all different. We enjoyed the condo and the price was right.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Ocean Forest Villas has become one of my favorite beach locations. The accommodations are clean and roomy. Check-in is easy, getting you on with your plans! I have stayed here so many times, it is like my second home. This is the best deal for your money. It is convenient to everything but not right in the hussle-bussle. Easy access to the ocean.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed here last year with family members in a condo. We had a 2 BR condo on the second floor. It was right across the road from the beach so it was very convenient to walk over and camp out on the beach for the day. The condo was very nice. It had 2 BR's and 2 BA's and a full kitchen with limited dishes for our use. We stayed several days and had a very nice stay. Never really talked to anyone at the front desk except to check in and out. The maid service came every day and gave us clean towels and emptied the trash. We were basically left alone which was perfect as we liked the privacy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife, 3 kids and I stayed at Ocean Forest Villas in June of 2011 and found it very appropriate for our needs. It was a quiet and nicely maintained property. Understanding that it is a beach property with lots of traffic, know that while our unit was not spic-n-span, it was adequate (clean). We felt safe and secure as well. The unit looked used, but that comes with the territory. When you're at the beach, you can expect wind and sand and used furniture and appliances and such, right? Given those terms, this property is a very good value for our family and I therefore recommend it to you. I am about to book year 2 here. Thanks and best wishes.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I've stayed at a lot of different places at Myrtle Beach over the years. I've stayed at Ocean Forest many times. My first stays were with my brother and Dad on a golf package. So later, I took my family. My kids were little then, and we would drive to the Ocean Dunes and have breakfast at the Brass Anchor. I would pay for me and my wife, and the kids ate free (breakfast buffet). That was a great deal, and they still let kids eat free (12 and under). They would also give the kids a "goodie" pack with a shovel and pail for the beach, and some other goodies. The units at OF Villas are huge. Plenty of room to stretch out in. Separate bedrooms for mom & dad, and the kids. And 2 bathrooms. These units are owned by individuals, so some can be dated. This section of the beach is really laid back. Easy to get out on Kings Hwy. is another plus.

Room Tip: try to get a lower level. At the end of a long day, walking up 2 flights of steps can be rough! But...