“Stolen property!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mystic Sea Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mystic Sea Resort
You added Mystic Sea Resort to your Saves list
2105 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #96 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Millersburg, Ohio
“Stolen property!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Our stay was going good at Mystic Sea until money was stolen from me. I had counted my cash in the evening, so I knew how much I had. Sometime during the next day while we were at beach someone stole the majority of my cash! Imagine my surprise when I wanted to pay for dinner and I found $80 gone! Someone with a KEY had to have robbed me. Was not given any satisfaction after reporting. They assumed I misplaced and hope I find. Well needless to say I did not find because it was gone! Very disappointed with our stay!

Room Tip: Put money, etc...in safe!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had a nice stay at the Mystic Sea. The rooms were dated which we expected, and I did wish the bathroom was a bit cleaner. The kitchen was a very nice feature and allowed us to save a lot of money on meals throughout the week.

We also found the employees very friendly and helpful and liked that the hotel was right on the beach. I was also pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was because I found Myrtle Beach to be fairly noisy in general.

Overall, I think it's a good value for those on a budget, and you can't beat the location.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My family has been going to Mystic Sea for 3 years now. Although it isn't a "high class" hotel, the staff is beyond friendly, the hotel is clean and overall it is a great place to stay... for cheap too! I don't know what the other reviews are talking about, for the years i've been visiting mystic sea, I have not had one negative experience with the room or the staff. Simply put: great hotel for great price!!

Lexington, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

not sure what everybody else reviews are about because i stayed here and it was the worst hotel you could ever stay at.....i payed over $500.00 from friday to monday and they said we couldn't even have guest in our room!!! on top of the rooms being so ghetto it wasn't funny....no where to park and the owner was the rudest man i have ever met if he was present during our check out i would have let him know i will never stay at that hotel again and i will tell everybody the say thing....the good part about the hotel is the parking lot attendant he was very nice and it was just me and my best friends and he really looked out for us....also the man with the glasses working the office sometimes was great he knew us my first name and was so polite.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
myrtlebeachnow, General Manager at Mystic Sea Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Stating that the motel is " Ghetto " speaks volumes for the reviewer. I tried to be as polite as possible asking guest in the room to leave after posted visiting hours. It is unfortunate that people use this forum to vent when they are asked to follow the rules so all can enjoy the resort. We do not allow 4 people in a single room drinking alcohol and parting after hours , If this is what you are looking for in a Motel we are not for you. If you are looking for a safe, clean and friendly motel please give us a try.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were traveling through Myrtle and stayed at a place we wont stay again. How ever, Bravo, We discovered MYSTIC SEA and will stay there next time. What an Amazing transformation they have made. The buildings are sand stone, White and Blue. Very Nautical Design, Very cute. I'm a guy, and for me to say very cute, well it is.. (don't ask me to say it out loud)
I will stay here next time, it even has an ice cream shop across the street, although it wasn't open yet, I'm sure it will open soon. Wow it even has a BBQ grill. Ok I'm sold, I can't wait to come back

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Marlboro, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

A very nice Motel, right on the Beach. Very reasonable prices. I like the fact there were 2 bathrooms, one for each bedroom. Also, it was nice having a kitchen to cook so we saved on eating out while on vacation. The only negative is there is very limited parking. We didn't know there was an elevator for the second floor until the day we left.

Room Tip: If you want quiet don't choose the rooms over the office.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montgomery, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This place was great! We didn't get an ocean-front room because they were taken, but we stayed on the 3rd floor at the top of the stairs and it was nothing for us to walk down to the beach or down the hall to sit on one of the benches. Every once in a while it's nice to spend loads of cash on the works, continental breakfasts, champagne to your door and fluffed pillows every morning. However, if you want a simple mom&pop place to stay with clean rooms, friendly staff (mostly) and a quick walk to the beach.. This is the place you want to stay. But beware, parking is very limited ocean-side. If you're out late you'll have to park across the street, which isn't bad - just be sure you're parking in the right spot. Otherwise the angry man on the golf cart from Mystic Sea will chase you down and (very nasty) tell you to park somewhere else while shining a flashlight in your eyes, blinding you from driving anywhere. Also, when we showed up to the room, both bathrooms had a used washcloth draped over the top of the shower curtain rod. (yes, definitely Used washcloth, not put there after cleaning.) But we will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Elevators are towards the back of the hotel in a small cubby to the right. If you need an elevator...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mystic Sea Resort? Share your experiences!