“inexpensive , but clean!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mystic Sea Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mystic Sea Resort
You added Mystic Sea Resort to your Saves list
2105 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #96 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina
“inexpensive , but clean!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

I stayed 7 nights in the property across the street from the hotel. There was plenty of parking and could sleep up tp eight people. The little house was clean, but older. Every night they had a hot dog cook out at the pool w/ chips & lemonade for the guest. If you are looking for inexpensive, but clean place to stay in Myrtle I would recommend the Mystic Sea. Especially if you have children.

• Liked — The privacy of the house.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
knoxville,Tn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

Checked in on July 21st. Airconditioner did not work. Reported problem. By 10:30 at night( 7 hrs later) it was still not working. The staff is all guys that rush you through the checkin. We were moved to another room that night with a full sized bed instead of the queen we had. Very tight parking. I hope they sell out to a highrise.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — smallrooms/no parking/felt cheap
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boones Mill, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

We have just returned from a great week at Myrtle Beach, stayed for 7 nights at the Mystic Sea. The property is not new or newly renovated, but it is kept clean and is very easy to get around. The pool is from 3ft to 5ft deep and does get dirty by the end of the day, but is cleaned every morning, we watched him. The best thing about the hotel is the ocean is directly in site of anywhere you are sitting,
no fences to cover your view, if you are at the pool you can see the
beach and if you are sitting in the yard below the pool you can just
step out onto the beach. The room was cleaned everyday, we did have a leaking pipe under the kitchenette sink that a bowl caught the dripping water and the shower floor obviously had water trapped under it, it felt like you were standing on a water bed, I don't know what kind of problem caused that. But, we are a simple, easy family of 3 and was just happy to be on our yearly vacation that was very affordable, little problems I can deal with and are to be expected. We certainly are not going to let some of the problems that some other reviewers wrote about ruin our vacation. Parking was fine..if you don't get a place on the ocean side, there are plenty just right across the street. The Mystic Sea does a hot dog cook out for all their guests on Thursday afternoon, now how many places do that? So, all in all, what I want to say, is that if you want high class, then go to one of the giant hotels and pay for high class, you will probably have problems there too, or if you want the convenience of a small, clean place, stay at the Mystic,and have a great time and just deal with any of the little problems you may have, afterall what's more fun, worrying over a weird shower floor and a leaky pipe or a great vacation at the beach?

• Liked — The rooms are only seconds away from the beach, the view is wonderful.
  • Disliked — There was no problems with accomodations, other than what I spoke of in review.
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Elgin, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

My three children and I stayed here on June 11, 2007 for 4 nights. I was originally arriving on June 10, but could not make it. I called the office on the 9th and told them that I would be arriving a day late and to my surprise was not hassled only told that they would see me on my new date of arrival. I was not charged for the day that I mised either.

When I arrived at the hotel, my room was even nicer than how it was described on the phone to me and exceptionally clean. There were no problems at all. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel was very quiet all throughout the day and night.

I have to admit that I had read a few reviews of this hotel after making my reservation and was very concerned before I arrived. I was all set to have a horrible 4 nights in a crappy, nasty room with very unfriendly staff members and manager. To my surprise, none of this happened. I have absolutely nothing to complain about and am returning in August for another 7 nights.

• Liked — House keeping
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
KINGSPORT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

This motel is actually crumbling.I booked a non smoking room and after 7 days you could smell the smoke? The motel did not have enough parking space and we had to park a distance from our motel.
The motel advertised electronic safes but you had to pay for a key for $11 and you receive $5 back when you check out.
I will not stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — age of resort
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

I checked in for a 5 night stay at Mystic Sea on June 3rd. There were eight people in my party. We were first placed into a room that did not appear to be clean. We promptly called the front desk, and although he was slightly rude, moved us into another room. This room was slightly cleaner but still did not meet our standards, but failed to mention as we did not want to move again. We began to cook dinner and found that 3 out of 4 eyes on the stove were broken. We called and asked for it to be repaired. Maintaince arrived shortly after. We he left we had 3 of 4 eyes working. We also asked him about the kitchen sink which was leaking very badly. He told us he would fix it tomorrow with the remaining eye on the stove and left. We then went to put our kids in the bath tub only to find out that there was no shower head, and the bath tub drain was malfunctioning, allowing the water to escape from the tub when plugged. At this point my fiance and I crossed the street to the main office. When we walked in we were greeting with "hey kids". This is a completely inappropriate greeting. We explained what was going on to the front desk attendant. He gave me a pad of paper and told me to write down everything that was wrong with the room and there was nothing he could do for me. We told him that was unacceptable and we would like the situtation to be resolved immediately. After a heated discussion, he gave us two more room keys to the rooms next door, and told us to check them out and see if they would suit us. We said we would and asked that the manager/owner please meet us over at our suite and was told he would not meet us over there, we would need to come back and tell him which room we wanted. We also asked the front desk attendant why the rooms did not look updated, as we were told on the phone that they had been completely remodeled last winter. He stated that the rooms were painted in October and that was what he was refering to on the phone. My fiance and I then went across the street again to check the other two rooms. One of the rooms was in better condition than the one we were staying in with many minor blemishes. The other was just as unsastifactory with broken doors and fixtures. We then went back across the street to speak with the manager. He was even more unhelpful and completely unprofessional. He told us there was absolutely nothing he could do. I told him the rooms were not satisfactory and there must be something he could do. He became very angry and asked us to leave. We told him with had 4 kids with us that were all ready for bed, as it was 10:00 PM, and that wasn't a solution we would like to follow. We did not care and asked us to leave before he "called the cops." I asked him to please call the cops after this to escort me out. I requested my money be 100% refunded and he told me he would after I packed my things. I asked him to escort us to our room and walk through with us to make sure we weren't charged for broken items but he refused stating "I don't trust you". I was able to talk maintaince into escorting us to our rooms to watch us pack until the police arrived. The police first talked with him, then drove to us, telling us all of our money would be refunded. The only professional I met at that "resort" was the maintaince person. I have never been more disappointed in any accomadations or service. We were forced to find a room at nearly 11:00 pm with four kids on high school graduation week.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ale8woman1983
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

We stayed here may 27 thru june 3 and we got a great price.
The rooms where not that bad the double rooms are plenty big enough. We traveled with 2 adult and 3 kids and had plenty room
The single rooms are tight but they are still nice. The grills came
in handie we used them about every night. The pools are nice and a great place to stay.
The hotel has not been remodeled in awhile.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the ice machine did not work
Stayed June 2007, traveled with family

Been to Mystic Sea Resort? Share your experiences!