“I'll keep coming back with the family for the oceanfront rooms.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Myrtle Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Myrtle Beach Resort to your Saves list
Myrtle Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5905 South Kings Highway, P.O. Box 3936, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-3936   |
Ranked #82 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
“I'll keep coming back with the family for the oceanfront rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This is our second time staying at MBR. We booked 507A after being satisfied with the quality and cleanliness the first time, however MBR called me well in advance to tell me the unit had been purchased and the new owners were not able to honor my dates - I didn't know that could happen. Maybe it was because this I booked with MBR instead of the owner, just be aware that can happen I guess. We were bumped to 403A. The room was okay, but no dishwasher and a little more dated. Still what makes either of these rooms is opened up the ocean facing doors and letting that sound, breeze, and beauty in! Short walks to the beach - love it. That's why I'll keep returning!
The kids 1.5, 5 enjoy the beach and Lazy River. The beach chair rentals are a bit expensive, but worth it if you're trying to travel light, $30/day.
It is not the most up to date facility, but what are you going for? Me, I'm going for a comfortable place on the beach!!!!

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Room was not the quality of prior rooms I have stayed at before. The room was not clean. Someone was sent to fix problems, but room needed painted and upgrades. Cabinets could not be cleaned due to being sticky. The amenities are wonderful. Pools are great and we enjoyed the food and the quarterdeck. The beach was not crowded. It would be nice if all rooms were of the quality, I know each are owned individually, but they should have requirements as to the upkeep and quality of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
ilivewhereuvac, Guest Relations Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
It is with our most sincere apologies that I answer your review. Our units are all listed on our website and are available for viewing prior to booking. I do need to thank you for your feedback, as we have relayed it directly to the owner of this condo in hopes that a publicly displayed review will be the prompt needed to do some updates and upgrades. Most of our owners strive for betterment at all times, however, in this economy, just like the rest of us, some of them are facing struggles as well. If that is indeed the situation, they often approach one thing at a time, but we do stand firm on the fact that our home owners, as well as our company always strive to impress the guest. I am here to personally serve you the next time that you would like to visit with us, as it sounds as if you do enjoy the resort and our numerous amenities that we have to offer, but that perhaps a different condo would make your stay more enjoyable. As I am almost certain that we have spoken about this, it is our hopes that we will hear from you again soon for a repeat visit! We are always here to help and want our guests to have a wonderful experience.
MBRV Staff and Management
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach. I did a lot of checking around and decided on this location as I didn't want to be in the thick of MB, but wanted to be close enough to drive there. We rented directly from the owner of Unit 301 (Building B), Jim Perkins. Upon our arrival, we noticed the unit had not been cleaned. Total time from calling Jim to housekeeper arriving was about 15 minutes. Housekeeper was very apologetic and owner called me back to ensure everything was taken care of. Great customer service and concern for renter. Unit 301 is direct oceanfront and I wouldn't want to stay in any other room. This 1 BR unit had 1 bath, bunk beds in the hall, complete kitchen with all the dishes/cookware needed, table with 4 chairs and pull out sofa. Chairs and table also on the porch to enjoy view of ocean in both directions. Can't say enough about this unit. Also during our trip, my 13 year old daughter gained a friend that was also renting a couple of Jim's units and they were also very pleased and said they would definitely stay again, although they normally stay directly in Myrtle Beach. They were in Units 109 and 304, both in Building B.

We enjoyed the lazy river and hot tub, oceanfront pool, indoor pool and tennis courts. We also visited the Quarter Deck our first night. Several nights we were there, folks were letting off fireworks (I believe they were from the Campground next door). For some, this was a bother, but for us, it was an added bonus. We have been to several states and stayed at different areas, whether renting condo's in TN, a resort location in MI, an oceanfront hotel in NJ, etc. and this is by far the best. The ONLY negative I have is that the wireless was either very slow or would keep booting us off. If you stay at this resort, I highly recommend Jim and one of his units.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wilkes Barre
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family stayed here last year during the last week in August. We rented through a private owner. We had no issues at all. The grounds were clean, the pools were clean, the beach was not too crowded, we really enjoyed our stay. The unit was nice, only one small issue with the sliding door, but it was no bid deal. This was the third year we were visited the area but the first year for MBR. We have already booked our vacation for this year and our counting down the days. I do agree with what most have said, the only complaint it that there are no sidewalks to walk on to the beach which leaves guests walking through the parking lots. For families with small children this would probably be a concern.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of bld A last year. it was a pretty good walk to the beach with gear and c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Building codes at the time of the Resort construction were quite a bit different than now, as was the influx of people here. The HOA would be the place to voice this valid concern, as sidewalks would be a great addition! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the Resort as well as your stay.
On behalf of all of us here at MBRV, Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The unit we were in could use a good scrubbing and some updating. It's an older complex, not fancy but kept up pretty well. Short walk to the beach and a nice (not fancy) pool with wading pools and a lazy river and a separate pool for the adults. Good for families and affordable.

Dear Boejina,
Fancy we are not, but fun loaded and family friendly we definitely are! While some of our newly renovated (over 50 condos just this year!) condos may rival your statement of "not fancy" (check out our newly updated photos on our website), most are clean and comfortable, with their high point being their unique footprint as they are all individually owned. Each condo is as different from the other as my house may be from my neighbors, a refreshing escape from the often industrial feel of today's "cookie cutter" hotel rooms. We are unique, charming, and offer a home away from home for our guests, including fully equipped kitchens and separate bedrooms and baths (in our two bedroom condos).
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location, beautiful landscaping, and that you made good use of all 6 of our pools and 4 of our hot tubs! On your next visit don't forget to make full use of all the fun to be had at the Ocean Front Quarterdeck! Thank you most of all for taking the time t provide us with your feedback, it truly helps us to grow and learn!
Staff and Management of MBRV
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a large, chaotic parking lot. The designers of this building for some reason, decided NOT to put in any sidewalks around any of the beach front buildings so it made getting around slow and difficult. This also makes it more difficult to get to the beach because you have to walk through the parking lot to get to the access ramps. After entering the building, my group got stuck in the elevator for about 20 minutes. No one answered the emergency phone when we called for help so we had to look up the resort's web site, get the main number and call from a cell phone. The least they could do is put a phone number on the inside of the elevator since they can't get an employee to answer the emergency number. Also, the elevator's had no fans in them so 20 minutes is a VERY long time with no air circulation. When we finally got out of the elevator, the security guards were unapologetic and insinuated that is was somehow our fault that we had gotten stuck. And speaking of security, I only saw a few guards around and it really didn't seem like enough considering the size of the resort. The resort is located outside of the main busy areas so there is not a lot within walking distance. So bring some money for parking.

The convenience store in the tower is your typical, overpriced trinket and souvenir shop. Although the prices were not as high as I expected. The pools are decent and heated even though there were bugs in the lazy river pool. The hot tub was nice. There is a window in the master bedroom that faces out into the hall so at night a lot of light comes in.

All of the concession areas close way too early. Around 5:00pm. So you should probably bring your own food.

Now the good parts. The room was nice and clean (although a bit on the small side). Well stocked with dishes, utensils, appliances, towels, etc... Laundry rooms on every floor, and a two large sun decks on the 5th floor. Carts are available for carrying your heavier items. There are also several outdoor showers.

Room Tip: 5th floor is closer to the sun decks.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been going to Myrtle Beach for vacation at least once a year for the last 15 years. I have stayed all over the beach. A friend had asked me a few months ago if I had every stayed at Myrtle Beach Resort and I told him I had not. He spoke so highly of it so I made it a point to stay here last weekend. This is the perfect place to vacation in Myrtle Beach. First off, It legitimately feels like a private resort. You feel like you are away on some island getaway, not at a mass vacation beach that Myrtle can sometimes be. My girl friend and I stayed in room 514. It was modern and had a wonderful ocean view from the Tower. The beach is just a simple walk down a path from the hotel. What we liked most about the beach is that it felt very private and was less crowded then any other part of Myrtle Beach we have been too. We never had to leave the resort all weekend. The hotel store was stocked with all the stuff we needed for the beach and our room. We had some delicious breakfast sandwiches at the Gallery each day. You must try the ham and egg on a croissant. We had lunch and dinner both days at the Quarterdeck, which I must say is the highlight of the hotel. The Quarterdeck had live entertainment in the afternoon and at night. The solo singer, Jay I believe his name was, set a perfect relaxing afternoon beach mood. At night was Bobby Dean doing Karaoke. Anyone who has ever done Karaoke anywhere on Myrtle Beach probably knows who Bobby Dean is. The man is a professional and never disappoints. As for the food, my favorites were the shrimp Caesar salad, the Bam Bam shrimp, and especially the fresh fried oysters. I challenge anyone to find a place on the beach with better fried oysters. All the fried food was definitely breaded to order. The staff at the Quarterdeck were all friendly and timely with their service. My girlfriend and I have already booked a return trip to Myrtle Beach Resort in late July since we had so much fun this past weekend. If you want a more private beach, with a private pool, great day and night entertainment and wonderful fresh food, book your next Myrtle Beach vacation at Myrtle Beach Resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Myrtle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!