“A lot to do.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Myrtle Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Myrtle Beach Resort to your Saves list
Myrtle Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5905 South Kings Highway, P.O. Box 3936, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-3936   |
Ranked #67 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“A lot to do.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

When I had visited Myrtle Beach this past March I stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort. It was a beautiful place and you definitely couldn't get bored there. Although I do not have children yet this is somewhere I wouldn't question bringing my family. We stayed in someones condo and it was very nice, and felt like home. Our room was very spacious and had all the supplies provided you could possibly need. There was multiple pools, giving a variety for each day. One pool was very child friendly with many different activities the other pools very laid back, located closer to the ocean. There was also a small restaurant/bar located in between the pools over looking the ocean, music was fun and the food was okay-- could've been better. The staff was very friendly. All in all we had a beautiful stay and I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ilivewhereuvac, Guest Relations Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let others know what a great place we have here! We are also thrilled to know that you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you again in the future. Our repeat guests are very special to us and we depend on them, as do most businesses these days. Please make sure and remind us that you are a repeat guest when you call to book again!
MBRV Staff and Management

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Belleville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We've been to Myrtle Beach Resort for the past 4 years and we love it! We have always found our units to be very clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We really enjoy going to the Quarterdeck. The staff is fantastic and always friendly and helpful!!
We've made a lot of friends there. Michael is doing a wonderful job.

Larry and Cheri

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I visited The Affordable Suites in Conway and it was avery very nice stay also the site manager Phil was outstanding!! i stayed there for two weeks. Very clean furniture linen dishes was what you would expect in the hyatt in such. I will def be back soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family and I spent the week of 3/30 - 4/6 in room 1802 in Rennaisance Tower. The first thing I noticed when we walked into the room was how dirty and neglected it was. There was some sort of red liquid that had dripped down the wall in the living room, and in another place on the wall was some other type of dried on food. The showers in the bathrooms were covered in mildew, and I didn't use the fan, because there was so much dust on it, I was afraid it would start a fire. The pictures on the website definitely portray the room to be much nicer than it actually is.

All of the staff was very friendly, and the food at the Quarter Deck Bar was delicious. Despite the number of people staying at the resort, it was very quiet. There is quite a bit to do on the resort, and we took advantage of the basketball court, lazy river and hot tubs. Unfortunately, the weater while we were there was not nice enough to use the beach (the amount of wind was unbelievable), but there was plenty of beach access.

If you are not looking for a 5 star resort, you don't mind wind, and you don't plan to spend a lot of time in the room, I would recommend Myrtle Beach Resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
As customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, hand in hand with the upkeep and presentation of our condos, you can imagine my disheartenment upon receiving your review. I checked our system and was even more upset to see that these topics were not reported by you during your stay, although we did have some contact with you as there is a notation that you reported an issue with the volume on your televison that we did indeed correct. It is our policy to correct any reported issues immediately or in as timely a manner as possible, be it a maintenance issue or, as it sounds in this case, a housekeeping issue. Our condos are cleaned, inspected twice, and then released as ready to rent on the day our guests arrive. If anything is misssed, or especially reported by the guest, we send a team of housekeepers along with their Supervisor to personally make sure it is cleaned to the guests satisfaction. However, we cannot fix what we are not informed is broken. While we regret any unpleasantries, we do try our absolute best to make the guest happy and comfortable in their surroundings and would love a second chance to do just that. I have reached out to you personally via telephone to offer my services to you on a future stay and hope to hear from you soon. I am only sorry that we were not able to communicate while you were here so that your experience could have been a positive one.
It sounds as if you enjoyed alll the great ammenities that we have to offer and I am glad! With 6 pools and numerous saunas and hot tubs there is always somewhere to get wet and have fun. The Quarterdeck is also a hit with our guests and has a new menu this year. My favorite are the new Bam Bam Shrimp! We hope you had some great food and drinks during your visit, it sounds like you enjoyed it.
While we are a Vacation Rental Company, thus not subject to "Star Ratings", we do feel that the unique experience of having a "Home Away From Home" that is one's while renting a fully equipped condo versus a Hotel Room is further charmed with the ammenities to be found onsite. They can easily stand shoulder to shoulder with much higher priced resorts, while still allowing our guests the comforts of home with fully equipped kitchens, linens, and a spacious home-like setting.
Lastly, while I agree that the weather left lots to be desired that week, I sadly cannot change it. If I could, rest assured that we would have 80 degree weather all year long! It is my highest hope that you will allow us a chance to make some wonderful vacation memories for you and contact us directly so that we can arrange your next stay with great service and careful selection~
MBRV Staff and Management
Ebensburg,Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a very enjoyable vacation at the Myrtle Beach Resort for the months of Feb. & Mar 2013.A very special thanks to the staff and management at the Quarterdeck. It was such a pleasure to have the Beach Bar open with a very friendly and efficient staff so we could enjoytheir fine food and drink without leaving the resort. Thank you Mike and your staff for creating a enjoyable and friendly atmosphere. You guys are the greatest and remember only I can sing Wagon Wheel!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for such a stellar review! We throughly enjoy hearing from our winter guests and having you back year after year. Being part of someones memories is a remarkable thing and an honor that we do not take lightly. I have passed your comments on to Mike and his Manager as well. We all look forward to your return in 2014.
We will keep a karaoke seat warm for you!
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time there and keeps getting better each time. The resort is a great place to stay, very clean, safe, beautiful pool, great beach. Stop by the quarterdeck and have a great drink and say hello to Mike, he will treat you with a smile a great conversation while having a break from the ocean.

• Stayed March 2013
ilivewhereuvac, Guest Relations Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Wow! All I can say is THANK YOU! Your review is what makes us, as a team, feel as if we are truly making a difference in the lives of our guests! We take pride in helping your family build memories that they can carry with them for a lifetime and that is extremely important. Your business as well as your wonderful feedback is very important to us as a business, but your feedback is appreciated on a much deeper personal level as it is all the praise we need to keep striving for a better and better guest experience. Mostly, I want to thank you on behalf of all of us at Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations for taking the time to share your great experience with the rest of the world!
We hope to have the chance to see you again soon and also that your next stay witll be even better!
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Ive stayed here a few times with for family beach trips and its always been ok.Its not my first choice but we stay here since the rest of the family does as its included in their time share. The place is always in ok inconsistent condition alot of things are kinda half or poorly updated. We checked in late so the gate guard gave me temp pass and told me to go to the main office in the morning. I checked in not a bad room. The next morning we woke up late and waited to my sister and step mom to come over. they were also staying in the same hotel. They came over late we got talking and left around 6pm. I realized then office was Already closed! So we went out for a couple hours and pulled up to the gate and he of course stopped me because the temp pass and expired. I said i know my pass is expired i didnt make it to the office in time. Good ol boy Ken says.....your telling me you didnt make it out of room by 530 I said no we didnt leave till 6pm. He chuckles and says well I hope they dont tow your car!!! then starts to walk away. I said so there is nothing you can do?? Hes say give me your pass and then markers a couple things and hands it back. I said thank you sir. The next morning i call and tell them we are running about 15 min behind could i get a late check out. Keep in mind they have a 10am check out. I was asking for like 10:20. THey said there would be a 25 or 75 dollar fee i really dont remember. I said no thanks but thank you for being so flexible with your guests it means alot and laughed. So we rushed out thinking we forgot our keys the door closed and of course the code no longer worked. We go down stairs and use the phone that ring to security they transfer us to the desk that is automated so the phone that only works on pulse of course doesn work. I ended up finding my keys and we go to check out. I explain my difficulties to the guy at the desk and all hes say well the security is not our company it contracted out. I said yes its still you..who hires that company?! Nothing makes more upset then a companies blaming things on the "contracted company". I realize the whole thing was wasting my time so I walked out. Not to mention I had to call for 3 hours to get anyone to answer the phone to make the reservation in the first place. The sad thing is I paid more for this place then a place much nicer but again staying closer to family was more important. I honestly thought I was paying to stay and here and a guest LOL!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lora Gates,
Firstly I would like to thank you for staying with us as well as apologize for any actions by any person, employed by us or otherwise, that caused your stay to be less than perfect.
I did indeed forward your issues to the Security Manager so they can address this Staff Member.
Security is not hired by us, nor do they represent Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations in any way. Nonetheless, it is my concern as a member of MBRV Management that you, as a guest, be treated with the dignity and respect that you deserve. With that being said, please keep in mind that we, and especially Security, work very hard to keep Myrtle Beach Resort safe and ssecure for our registered guests. In order to more efficiently do this, we do have some strict policies and procedures that we ask our guests to follow. These include following check-in and registration instructions in a timely fashion so that we, at all times, are aware of who is indeed on our resort property. Our office hours are posted on all correspondance prior to and after check-in to ensure the guest plenty of time to ask any questions, report any issues, and most of all, be properly registered and informed while here. This helps us keep our resort safe for you and others so that we may continue to provide safe and affordable getaways for our guests and revenue for our homeowners. I apologize for any distress these policies may have caused you and hope that on your next trip you will have a bit more time to spend with us so as to better enjoy the ammenities as well as the service, security, and peace of mind that such measures of safety are able to give our guests. It is my highest hope that you will accept our offer of my personal service on your next trip that we discussed on the phone last week so that I can help you select the best rate and best type of condo for your needs.
Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations Staff and Management

Been to Myrtle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!