“guests are not the top priority here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Myrtle Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Myrtle Beach Resort to your Saves list
Myrtle Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5905 South Kings Highway, P.O. Box 3936, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-3936   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Fall Weekends 30% OFF
Ranked #89 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
“guests are not the top priority here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Ive stayed here a few times with for family beach trips and its always been ok.Its not my first choice but we stay here since the rest of the family does as its included in their time share. The place is always in ok inconsistent condition alot of things are kinda half or poorly updated. We checked in late so the gate guard gave me temp pass and told me to go to the main office in the morning. I checked in not a bad room. The next morning we woke up late and waited to my sister and step mom to come over. they were also staying in the same hotel. They came over late we got talking and left around 6pm. I realized then office was Already closed! So we went out for a couple hours and pulled up to the gate and he of course stopped me because the temp pass and expired. I said i know my pass is expired i didnt make it to the office in time. Good ol boy Ken says.....your telling me you didnt make it out of room by 530 I said no we didnt leave till 6pm. He chuckles and says well I hope they dont tow your car!!! then starts to walk away. I said so there is nothing you can do?? Hes say give me your pass and then markers a couple things and hands it back. I said thank you sir. The next morning i call and tell them we are running about 15 min behind could i get a late check out. Keep in mind they have a 10am check out. I was asking for like 10:20. THey said there would be a 25 or 75 dollar fee i really dont remember. I said no thanks but thank you for being so flexible with your guests it means alot and laughed. So we rushed out thinking we forgot our keys the door closed and of course the code no longer worked. We go down stairs and use the phone that ring to security they transfer us to the desk that is automated so the phone that only works on pulse of course doesn work. I ended up finding my keys and we go to check out. I explain my difficulties to the guy at the desk and all hes say well the security is not our company it contracted out. I said yes its still you..who hires that company?! Nothing makes more upset then a companies blaming things on the "contracted company". I realize the whole thing was wasting my time so I walked out. Not to mention I had to call for 3 hours to get anyone to answer the phone to make the reservation in the first place. The sad thing is I paid more for this place then a place much nicer but again staying closer to family was more important. I honestly thought I was paying to stay and here and a guest LOL!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Lora Gates,
Firstly I would like to thank you for staying with us as well as apologize for any actions by any person, employed by us or otherwise, that caused your stay to be less than perfect.
I did indeed forward your issues to the Security Manager so they can address this Staff Member.
Security is not hired by us, nor do they represent Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations in any way. Nonetheless, it is my concern as a member of MBRV Management that you, as a guest, be treated with the dignity and respect that you deserve. With that being said, please keep in mind that we, and especially Security, work very hard to keep Myrtle Beach Resort safe and ssecure for our registered guests. In order to more efficiently do this, we do have some strict policies and procedures that we ask our guests to follow. These include following check-in and registration instructions in a timely fashion so that we, at all times, are aware of who is indeed on our resort property. Our office hours are posted on all correspondance prior to and after check-in to ensure the guest plenty of time to ask any questions, report any issues, and most of all, be properly registered and informed while here. This helps us keep our resort safe for you and others so that we may continue to provide safe and affordable getaways for our guests and revenue for our homeowners. I apologize for any distress these policies may have caused you and hope that on your next trip you will have a bit more time to spend with us so as to better enjoy the ammenities as well as the service, security, and peace of mind that such measures of safety are able to give our guests. It is my highest hope that you will accept our offer of my personal service on your next trip that we discussed on the phone last week so that I can help you select the best rate and best type of condo for your needs.
Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations Staff and Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our second stay at The Myrtle Beach Resort and once again we had a fabulous time! Both times we've stayed in the same condo in the A Building. Our condo was gorgeous - nice furniture, great bedrooms with comfortable beds and a wonderful kitchen with everything you need to cook meals. The property is beautiful as well with all of the pools (the kid's area with the lazy river was our family's favourite) and the beautiful beach. We also enjoyed the restaurant right on the beach and had dinner & drinks there a few nights. The exercise room in the renaissance tower is great with lots of high quality equipment. Location is also great as you're within driving distance to all of the attractions in Myrtle Beach.

We'll definitely stay here again & again!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Momof2Girlies,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave such a sparkling review! It sounds as if our numerous pools and water features really hit a home run with your family! That is, of course, always our goal and we are thrilled to have done so here. I love to see this type of review from our guests as I am sure you can imagine, but even more thrilled that you had a great stay, as that is the most important. We do pride ourselves on having "Something for everyone" and you have really displayed that in your review of The Quarterdeck Bar and Grille, with it's new 2013 menu and drinks, the well-equipped fitness center and variety of sports areas , and the home away from home feel of our fully appointed kitchens. We welcome you back for what is hopefully your best year yet!
Myrtle Beach Resort Staff and Management
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised as to the overall wonderful time we spent at the resort. Beach bar was a very nice way to spend time by the water. Food was really good and service was quite friendly. The seven people in our party all had a wonderful time. We will most likely stay here on our next trip to myrtle beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Rob2989,
Thank you for staying with us at Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations, but also for taking the time to let others know about your stay, we truly appreciate that! Often, in the world of Customer Service and Hospitality, we only hear feedback from perceived negative situations. While that is part of the job and needs resolution as well, it is refreshing and rewarding to hear a great response from a guest when asked of their stay. The Quarterdeck is an excellent oceanfront spot to grab a drink or have a full meal with the family. The menu offers a variety of excellent foods, from a quick snack to a great shrimp dinner, and even non-alcoholic "Daiquiris" for the youngsters. Our oceanfront condos provide all the comforts of home and lots of room for larger families also. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again soon
On behalf of all of us here at MBRV, again, thank you!
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Once again, we are here with some of the family and staying this time for two weeks in the Tower where I like to get a oceanfront condo on the highest floor available. We got one that is wonderful, very clean, nice furniture and appliances. This could not be better. I would like to thank the Baldwins for their nice condo. Rates in the winter months are very attractive too. MBR a great and beautiful place to stay with security, and privacy. Coming here since this pal

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sam,
Thank you first and foremost for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. We truly appreciate your time and your patronage. Our oceanfront condos in The Renaissance Tower give what we like to think is the best view available in the area. We offer semi-private beaches, serenity, beautiful landscaping throughout the entire 33 acre resort, as well as top notch 24 hour security. It is my highest hope that you and your family will continue to vacation with us here at Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations and we look forward to helping your family make great vacation memories for years to come.
MBRV Staff and Management
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity once again to visit Myrtle Beach and was kicking through some sites when we stumbled upon Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations site (http://myrtle-beach-resort.com/). On there, we were able to peruse pictures of their various offerings. One studio jumped out and it was not disappointing in the least. The owner divided a small studio by adding a wall, making a smaller bedroom including its own TV, lamp, closet and drawers. There were only 2 of us, but perfect for 2 couples or kids who want some privacy in a smaller, oceanfront, less expensive unit. As I understand it, this was the owners choice and most studios there are wide open. Really gets you more for the money! The unit directly ioverlooked the tiki bar and was direct oceanfront. We definately will be going back and requesting this unit in the summer. Theres supposed to be nightly music in-season. The grounds here are impeccably maintained even in the off-season, and you really don't even have to leave. Several pools, hot tubs and every service you could imagine. The unit was decorated in a Bahama-tropical feel and was tastefully done. Housekeeping cleaned the place efficiently and it exceeced all our expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate that you pointed out which condo you stayed in and details about it. That is one of the great things about MBR, there is a condo for everyone! We are really happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This was mg first time staying at MBR and I have to say that I don't think I would stay anywhere else. There is a great beach, several swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, and even a lazy river! Its a long drive from "downtown" MB, about 25-30 minute drive, but I liked the area. Not too much traffic, and close to garden city/murrels inlet where we like to spend time fishing etc. The entrance was gated and monitored by security guards which was great.

• Stayed April 2012
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
lraine81,
Thank you so much for your excellent review of our resort! We strive for perfection, especially where security is concerned as this is a huge issue for tourists. We do indeed have 24 hour gated security to ensure that our guests have safe and peaceful stays as well as to make sure that only our registered guests and their visitors are onsite. This helps us to keep our costs reasonable and to ensure that our guests have the peace of mind that they deserve. With onsite Food and beverage choices, 6 pools, a 375 foot lazy river, our ammenities leave many options open to our vacationing families. I am thrilled to hear that we may very well be your new "Home Away from Home" which is exactly what we want to be to our guests. We hope to see you in 2013!
Selma, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I really enjoy my stay everytime i go to Myrtle beach, SC the hotel and people are so friendliy they make you feel comfortable they greet you with a smile Palametto Shores Resort is where my family and friends like to stay wam comfort makes you feel right at home i recomend anyone if you are looking for a well resting place to lay your head and enjoy the excitement fun for everyone places to eat everyone I go on the Casino Boat in Little River, Sc

Room Tip: Choose palmetto shores resort their frendliy people a good place to rest service was great i enjoy m...