“More than I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Affordable Family Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Affordable Family Resort
You added Affordable Family Resort to your Saves list
2300 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Monte Carlo Inn)   |
Ranked #150 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Union, South Carolina
“More than I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

From the reviews, I was really nervous of what id walk in to. The room was actually clean. I still felt dirty because things in there seemed super old and used. After wiping things down in Clorox, I was ok. Still really clean before, I'm just ocd. No bugs or bed bugs. The comforters were worn and dirty looking so I just put them on the floor. Its quiet and the employees were nice. For $252 for 4 nights, I think this place was a good find.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
AFRadmin, Manager at Affordable Family Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review. As for the Spread we do replace a floor every year and sometimes an older spread gets put back in circulation. The commercial washer and dryers take their toll on all linen form the constant washing. I will check an make sure the older spreads are not in our inventory any more.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family & I have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 years & will continue to stay there for each & every future visit. The staff is friendly & amazing. The rooms are clean, spacious & affordable. No it doesn't have all the luxuries of the bigger resorts, but that isn't what we go to the beach for. I absolutely love the 10 o'clock quiet time. It makes bed time for young children easier & gives parents time to relax alone without staying up all night. We have stayed at some the biggest resorts on the strip & have never been more comfortable & at home as we have there. Would recommend it to anyone & everyone.. I cant wait til vacation this year....

Erin & Shannon Richardson
Chesapeake, WV

Room Tip: don't ever stay in a hotel nicer than your home...it makes you not wanna go back when your vacat...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for that review, We are happy to have you come stay with us. I have just posted some new promo codes for our new online booking. save 5 to 10 per night by using promo codes june14, july14, or august14.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed last weekend 4/12-4/13 and we have stayed at this motel in the past. It was bad, carpets were dirty,took a shower walked from the bathroom to the bed and my feet were black from dirt, beds were awful, towels felt like sand paper. TV was fuzzy. It was noisy. Wont be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sorry your stay was not satisfactory. I looked in the history and the only room that match was on the first floor. One of our Double suites. We have our subcontractors once a month check the our washers to make sure the are dispensing the correct amount of fabric softener. I hope this resolved that issue. Here are some promo codes new for our online booking june14, july 14 and august14.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The location is great and the grounds (picnic area, slides, pool) are nice. But...the rooms are VERY dirty. We used to stay here every year as a big family get-together but every year the place just gets dirtier and dirtier. This last time, after getting ate up with bed bugs , I decided to never stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
AFRadmin, Owner at Affordable Family Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Own December 9th of 2013. We made contact with this reviewer via Tripadvisor and on December 31th we have not received a response. We asked the reviewer to provide us with information on their stay so we could investigate the matter. Keep in mind the review was not posted until 3 months after the stay. When I checked with the GM and the front desk staff no one new of any issues during the time period mention.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My church family and I stays every October and we never have any complaints. . The staff is friendly and respectful..I love this hotel. We never had a problem with bugs. The pruce is affordable and the rooms are clean

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for you post on Tripadvisor and we wish you a very Happy New Year.

We at Affordable Family Resort are focused on customer retention. Please fill free to call and speak to the new General Manager with any issues or positive comments.
Plumtree, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was very nice. Our room was nice for the amount we paid. Alot of budget hotels are terrible but this one is doable. If your looking for fancy this one isn't for you but if your looking for something decent and spacious on a budget this one can't be beat.....it could use so e updates but nothing like some other places we stayed in the area...made great family memories would def go back

Room Tip: We were in room 313
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you post on Tripadvisor and we wish you a very Happy New Year.

Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel almost made our family vacation a nightmare. They advertise "large and clean suites" but this is far from the truth. We arrived to a VERY DATED cottage, but the large space was great so we decided to make due. However upon pulling the sheets back to the beds we discovered dirty stained sheets and covers with hair on one pillow. The staff came to replace it, so we decided to try it. However at about 1 am in the morning we began to get uninvited houseguests. We killed the first giant roach, and called the staff on duty. We were going to try to make it through the night, but the longer we waited the worse it got. We then spotted 3 roaches in the bedroom bathroom, 2 dead roaches under a bed, and 3 earwigs in the hall bathroom. This was enough. The staff agreed to give us back our money if left. So at 4 am we had to pack up our family and leave. However I had to come back the next day to get my money back for the room. Upon talking to the manager and some little old lady that acted as his assistant, they began to tell us that there was nothing in the room when they went to clean it, (when we knew that we had left the dead roaches on the floor that we had killed). They were EXTREMELY RUDE, although I tried to be kosher considering they had other people in the lobby and it was a matter of me getting my money. I tried to explain to them, that who in their right mind would uproot a party of 13 ppl to attempt to try to find other lodging at 4 am if the room wasn't that bad. They told me I was over reacting and threw my receipt for my refund. I'm telling you, this place should be condemned. I WOULD NEVER ATTEMPT TO STAY AT THE PLACE EVER AGAIN!!!!!! What used to be a nice family friendly, clean place is now just low down, trashy, dirty scum!!! YUCKKKJKKKKKK!!!!!!! Pleas people SAVE your money!!!!!

Room Tip: Save your money unless you want to take home extra pets!!!! (ie, Roaches)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Steven J, Manager at Affordable Family Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
The "Little old lady" Is the owner. We did check the room after guest stayed check-in at 2:45 pm on 8-7-13 and first complaint was at around 1:00am 8-8-13. refunded at 6:07am the next morning. Did not leave until 4:48am per their words on the 8-8-13.

Here are notes from the night shift:
"At approximately 12:40am I got a call from Unit 501 saying they had seen cockroaches. I told her I would assign it to maintenance in the morning and leave word with the Manager. She asked when you would be in to which I replied approximately 8am. Two hours later a lady called back again, She stated that some of the group in the unit had gone to their vehicles to sleep. She then repeated her report of cockroaches and wanted to move into multiple units in the "main" building. I told her I was not authorized to do that. Then the topic of a refund came up. I told her I would refund her payments. She said she would speak to the others and call me back.

She came in at 4:48am, returned all the keys and checked out. I was not clear on how to refund the deposit before she left so I told her to come back later this morning with the copy of the intentions to refund the advance deposit too. I later checked it out and processed the deposit for refund also. The receipt she will come later and ask for today. The details are in an envelope at the front desk."

Part of this group has stayed here for years. Maybe they had a argument among themselves and had to make up a reason to go their on way.

When guest came back to get her deposit we ask about the bugs. We could not understand if the room was so infested with bugs why did the guest take dead bugs with them when they left. All the towels and wash clothes had been used and all trash cans full. This unit was used by these guest. Guest could not or would not tell us where the bugs were. She got mad because we were trying to find the bugs she claims were there. We looked under the refrigerator, stove and cabinets. no bugs found.

As always we take all complaints serious and address them. We have a reputable pest extermination company spraying on a monthly basis even with out bug complaints. We know we do not stock the room with bugs.

Affordable Family Resort went way above normal procedures by give at complete and total refund for the mess that was left for a 16 hour stay.

Been to Affordable Family Resort? Share your experiences!