“nicely suprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Affordable Family Resort

You added Affordable Family Resort to your Saves list
Affordable Family Resort
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2300 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Monte Carlo Inn)   |
Ranked #133 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cheraw
“nicely suprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

After reading all the reviews I have to admit I was scared but when we arrived the room was clean and it didn't smell. The staff was very friendly and helpful not rude at all. For the price and what we got we where nicely surprised and will be staying there again when our family returns to myrtle beach!!

Room Tip: choose a higher floor on the water slide side so you can see more
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a great motel with very friendly employees especially the manager Glenda Ammons. The room was nice and clean and did I mention free wifi? The also had 3 slides which were free and nice the lifeguard was very friendly much better then other hotels/motels I have stayed at. The location is also great your 200 yards from the beach. Overall this was a great stay and I would come back again.

• Stayed July 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'm confused by all the supremely negative reviews? The name of the place is Affordable Family Resort and I would describe it as "affordable" and "family friendly". It's one of the few places on the beach that accept pets. Unfortunately, with that comes carpets and furnishing in pretty rough shape. Just worn, not dirty. It was a spacious room with a king size bed in the bedroom and a large living room. The size of the room actually dwarfs the already small, box style TV's. There is no ice machine on property, but there was a functioning ice maker in the freezer. The kitchen is equipped to easily make a meal, but it was just a wet bar to us. Cups and spoons? Check! Overall, it felt clean and accommodating.

Bottom line: It is an average motel, but for $100, you will not find anything nicer than this for you, and your dog, in June, 200 feet from the ocean.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for something off the ground floor so that the entire hotel is walking past the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Had to find something late at night after a horrible experience at a different place. They had an opening so we booked it. It is an okay place for the money. Could be a little more updated but clean, staff was nice and everything worked.

• Stayed May 2013
Winter Garden, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Came up for a family vacation for three days and booked this room at the last second. I checked in earlier that day but wasn't able to get into the room until later that night, after the office had closed. The room felt dirty. Being a housekeping manager at a major tourist resort in Florida, I always inspect my room. I found cobwebs all in the ceilings, mold in the bathroom around the sink, trash still on the floor. I'd post pictures on here if I could...

When I checked the bed, the sheets hadn't been changed and had blood stains on them. I checked under the mattress and found bed bugs. I checked the bed in the other room, luckily there was nothing, I took my chances and slept on the top of the bed because those sheets had also not been changed. The following morning I went to their front desk and showed the attendant the photo that I took of the bed bugs. She asked if I wanted to change rooms...really. She called in the housekeeping manager, she seemed to take it seriously. I was upgraded to a "nicer" room and asked if I could get the first night comped, she said that she didn't have the ability but the owner would be in the following day. The nicer room was slightly larger, that's about it.

In talking with the owner about what happened, she said they weren't going to do anything else since they already upgraded my room at no charge. Personally knowing how to handle and treat a room after they find bed bugs, I asked what they do. The owner said they'll keep an eye on it for a few days and then it it back in service. Unacceptable...this was room 414.

Avoid this place at any cost...

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed there for for four nights, had no problem originally until Sunday when we went to claim our free tickets to Family Kingdom and was told we had to pay $18.00 for them. We were told if you stay five consecutive night the tickets would be free. They owner's son called me a LIAR and told me if I didn't like it I could check out. Then he dismissed me by throwing his hand up in the air and walking away from me. I have never been disrespected like that before in my life. Asked for maid service the day before, maid came in left the towels on the table, made one bed and left. Very poor customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Steven J, Manager at Affordable Family Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Quest was explained to that Affordable Family Resort does not combine discounts and/or any other offer. They got a discount for staying x number of days. They also wanted Free passes, an offer we promote during the summer. One of the members in this suite was not happy that they could only get one or the other not both.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Rooms are Clean and no it's not a 5 Star Resort,but the staff is Friendly and the best Price for 3 Queen Beds and a Kitchen in it and 2 Bathrooms.Plus they stock the place with silver ware and dishes and pots and pans for you to use and the House Keeping staff comes around every morning to see if you need anything and it has 1 Big Pool and 1 Huge Kids Play Pool and 2 Free Water Slides..and its only across the street from the beach.If you don't want to spend a huge amount on your room and have more money to spend on fun times..this is where you stay..Our Family will definately be staying here agian!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Affordable Family Resort? Share your experiences!