“Well needed rest...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Well needed rest...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel needs a little updating - but it is clean and had a wonderful time - so that can be overlooked. We have stayed at many different ocean front places and have never seen as many dolphins as we did in the area directly in front of the hotel. So enjoyed all of the pools. We will definately be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your review and sharing your comments. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful time during your visit at the Landmark and enjoyed all of the pools. We are looking forward to having you back with us again.

Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
Chapel Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I needed R&R and the facility offered that. I did not utilize any of the available water facilities or restaurants. However I do plan to come back in the summer with grandkids at which time I'm sure I'll utilize the Water Park and the other facilities.
On an aside, the Front Desk folks were extremely kind and helpful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Landmark. We are so glad that you chose us and I'm glad you were able to relax during your visit. I'm also pleased to hear that you will be returning in the summer with your grand kids. I'm sure they will have a great time. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A year back me and my family stayed in this hotel. From the time we got there until the time we left we all had a blast. The people at the front desk was very friendly and eager to help and answer any questions my family had.The room was a perfect size for us three and the walkway to the parking lot was also very nice. My daughter who was 4 at the time still can not stop talking about all the pools there. Very nice package at a very nice price. Perfect resort for families, never had a problem with loud noises or busy pools. Will be back again this summer for sure and we can not wait. :)

Room Tip: Try to stay on a higher floor and oceanfront if your budget can do it. We stayed ocean view and it w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that everyone had a blast during their last visit with us. It's also wonderful to hear that everyone from the Front Desk was friendly and eager to help you and your family. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations and your kids loved all of the pools. We can't wait to have you back again this summer!

Walkertown, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have been staying with landmark for many years now and we just love it!! They were in the need of some upgrades and we've noticed in the last couple of years they have been improving and upgrading. The pool area is great always clean and well maintained. The Gazebo's Restaurant is excellent! It is one of the main reason we stay at Landmark.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Your loyalty to the Landmark Resort Hotel is greatly appreciated and we are so glad that you enjoy staying with us. We continuously have updating projects around the resort to help improve our property, so thank you for noticing and mentioning this in your review. We appreciate you sharing your positive comments with everyone and we're looking forward to having you back with us.

Taylors, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is the second year we have stayed for our December trip with the grandbabies. We loved it and they loved it. After we told our 4 year old grandson that we we're leaving for the beach after Christmas he said "Santa needs to hurry up".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Landmark. Thank you so much for choosing us as your vacation destination. I am so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay with us and I hope your grandchildren had a fantastic Christmas. We're looking forward to having you back at the Landmark!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Needs some updating. But clean and love all the pools and hottubs to use even during there off season! Staff is very helpful and friendly! Would definantly come back! The parking is easy and available to get too, which is nice.

• Stayed December 2012
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you and your family chose us during your visit to Myrtle Beach. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed all of our indoor water amenities, including the hot tubs. Your comments about our staff are greatly appreciated and it is so wonderful to hear that everyone was helpful and friendly. We hope to have you back again soon!

York, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had stayed at the Landmark a year ago and it was just an okay stay. Older hotel and wasn't upscale at all but I thought based on the reviews that I saw in Dec 2012, I would give it another chance for our last trip of 2012. I booked on line and got a decent rate. I was actually going to book at another resort, Coral Beach but decided to go with Landmark again because the rates were a little cheaper and the reviews as I said were mostly good.

Well, when we checked in, we told the man at check in that we didn't have a great experience last time and was hoping for a better experience this time. He indicated that the resort was owned by individual owner and that every room is different based on the owner and if they have done any upgrades. Well, we were put in room 1433 and was very dissatisfied with the oceanfront ste. It smelled like smoke and the furniture was ancient looking and the suite was not enclosed inside but outside. I called the front desk to ask about the smoking smell and advised that when I booked I specifically asked for a non-smoking room. The front desk guy said that he was checking someone in and would call me back, so we waited and when we didn't hear anything back, my husband went down and spoke to a young lady at the front desk that said that she could move us, while she was checking an African American woman who we think was on the management time asked if everything was okay then my husband explained out dissatisfaction.

She then said that she would upgrade us to an oceanfront deluxe ste which was a little bigger than what we reserved with two baths. The room was 645 and it was a lot nicer. The furniture was more updated and the room was clean and bigger, so I was okay with that. The living room wall had cracks in it near the couch, but that was something I thought was minimal, so I was okay. However the second night we were there (Friday) after coming in with my husband after a night out, we turned the light on and what did we see (roaches), wow, I couldn't believe it. From that point on, I was a little uncomfortable in the facility and will not book here again.

Since it was after 9pm, we decided to wait until in the morning to report the roach problem. I am not happy about my experience at the Landmark and will not recommend this resort to anyone.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Landmark. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and the issues you encountered with your room accommodations. I hope that you and your family can accept our apologies for any disappointment you encountered.
We always appreciate our guests' feedback as it can help improve our property and better serve our guests in the future. Thank you again for your review. If there is any way we can further assist you, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Guest Services

Been to Landmark Resort? Share your experiences!