“Trust my advice and keep reading” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spring Up To 35% Off!
Ranked #86 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Trust my advice and keep reading”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

To sum it all up, The Landmark Resort is a very nice place, ecspecially if you have kids. I was on my Honeymoon and we stayed on the 10th floor. To be exact our room # was 1048.
The room was a angle suite, with kitchen, living room, dinette and king size bedroom. This room was up to date and very nice. The pools 17 in all.(Jacuzzis are included in the count) and my favorite was the Lazy rivers, all were working and all were great ! The nicest of the pools I thought were across the way attached to the parkign garage(those are great for pics ) They have a laundry facility with washers and dryers, game room but that closes at 11pm a bar,resteraunt on site. They have a snack shack facing the pool which I would not recommend because the prices are a little high.
There are several fast food joints all over and even walking distance to a supermarket called Food Lion. There are several Miniature golf places all around. The hotel is on the beach, but I would not recomment getting an ocean view because you will be paying the price. My husband and I had a side view which was beautiful enough. We stayed for 7days and enjoyed every minute. The rooms were clean and we had maid service everyday.
Now Im gonna tell you how to save money $$$$ they have plenty of shows, We wnt to Legenda in concerts with look alikes Dolly parton, Elvis, Steven Tyler plus more it was alot of fun except pricey so...........There are many people offering you free tickets to these shows if you see a condominium, its a 90 minute tour and then you get free tickets to stuff. Its worth it, go to the morning tours so your day is not wasted and they offer you free breakfast.Dinner either I cooked a little or we went out for dinner. One place was called CRABBY MIKES, oh my god come hungry thats all i can say !! Its expensive like $25.00 a head but they have over 100 items from Crab legs,all types of shrimp, to prime rib, chicken nuggets to even FROG Legs !!
A must see is Broadway on the beach , wow fantastic, tons of shopping, bars, clubs you name it and sooooooo pretty !! Souvineer shopping .............. Dont just jump to the first place you see, most stores carry all the same thing but there are some stores that are nothing more then $7.99 in the store so look for those you can pick up some great towels and t- shirts.
well thats about it If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, I will be more then happy to assist you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in the Angle Executive King Suite. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our many amenities and were able to relax in the lazy river.
Congratulations on recently getting married. It sounds like you both had a great honeymoon. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Any person who gives this hotel a good review has low standards!! This hotel is a ghetto hotel!!
Dirty rooms. dirty pools. We stayed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and I cannot believe what type of guest this hotel receives. The hotel deodorizer was marijuana because that is all I smelled everytime I walked throughout the hotel. It was like they grabbed a hotel from the projects and placed it on the beach. I saw guest throwing garbage off the balconies like the animals that they are. Trust my review, please trust my review. Spend more money and bask in paradise. I saw live bugs in my room. It is no coincidence that you see constant reviews of how dirty this hotel is. If the rooms are dirty would you actually order food from their restaurants? Saturday at around 5pm I felt like I was deep in the hood and this hotel had a criminal element to it. The cops were called and they never cleaned the pools. The lazy rivers had lazy workers maintaining it because you saw tons of sand on the bottom of the pool with tons of dead flies. The fact that they get a NON REFUNDABLE deposit says it all. They get that because in the past I am sure so many people complained and wanted their money back that they implemented that rule to take our money. If you do not get what you pay for you get a refund. That is how a good hotel operates. They give you a dirty hotel, with lowlife guest and then say no refunds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear that our property did not live up to your expectations. We value all of our guests and always strive to see that each and every visitor has a pleasant experience. We are a family oriented hotel and host scheduled children's activities and family friendly entertainment all summer. We also have onsite security to ensure the safety of our guests.
We appreciate all of our guests at the Landmark, and welcome many of them back year after year as their Myrtle Beach home away from home.

Summersville, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

If I could have moved to another hotel I would have. This place is very dated and not very clean. The pools are not kept up and the walkways have what looks like mold on them. Our room was not what I expected. I asked when calling for a reservation about ocean view rooms. I was told I would not be over looking a parking lot or directly at another building. well that is exactly what my I got. The toilet does not flush unless you hold the handle down for an extend period of time. not goo with 2 children. There is mold on the shower curtain and there isn't even an exhaust fan in the bathroom.. Try getting dry after 3 other people have already showered. We didn't even get had towels today .
Apparently you can smoke where ever you want here but if you get in the lazy river with out a float to catch your 4 year old run away son that falls through the huge 2 person only floats a rent a cop tells you to get out. Oh and bring walking shoes if you decide to stay because you need to take 2 elevators to get any where here. Its like a maze trying to get any where. At least I got some exercise during my stay. Its not like a I came to relax or anything lol
When calling for my reservation I was told it was best to purchase the luau and fire show tickets because they were selling out fast.What a joke that was. I did get a refund after going through 4!! people though. The fire show was free but the luau dinner was just a plate of food . No tables to sit at. You just had to find a lounge chair by the pool area some where. . I was so disappointed : ( I am actually happy to be going home in the morning. I don't think that has ever happened on a beach trip in my life time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience during your visit with us. We always want to encourage our guests to let us know of any problems they may encounter while they are visiting, so they can give us the opportunity to correct them.
Our Oceanview rooms are located on the side of the hotel and offer a side view of the ocean as well as a view of Ocean Blvd. Although we do have smoking units at the resort, I would like to assure you that all of the public spaces are non-smoking.
I am very sorry to hear about your experience and hope that you and your family can accept our apologies.

Mechanicsville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

the room was very clean and had a good mattress,but the room was dated,it was dark and not very decorated.The sofa was not that clean looking,we did not use it.The handle on the stove was falling off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. It is good to hear that your room was clean and your mattress was comfortable. However, I would like to apologize for any issues you encountered. We hope that you will consider us in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was soo dissapointed! I travel alot and expected a really nice room but was very upset. I tried to find another hotel that's how upset I was but all rooms were booke bc it was a holiday weekend. I will never stay here again! The only nice thing I can say about this hotel is that its on the beach!

• Stayed August 2012
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with your room. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests have a positive experience during their visit, so it is upsetting to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope that you can accept our apologies for any disappointment you encountered. If there is any way we can assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Canandaigua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been coming to the Landmark Resort since 1999. Its not a 5 star hotel, but its an excellent value for families. The rooms are clean and many rooms have been updated in the past few years. The deluxe oceanfront executive suite we stayed in was very clean with new granite counter tops, new full size fridge and new cabinetry throughout the kitchen area.The bathrooms both had matching granite counter tops and there was enough towels, etc. provided for the whole family. The wall paper was dated but for the price I can deal with it. The staff is friendly and the kids will love the the pools, lazy rivers, and proximity to the ocean. The Landmark Resort continues to improve each year. I look forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your loyalty to the Landmark Resort Hotel and are so glad that you choose us during your visits to Myrtle Beach. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Deluxe Oceanfront Executive Suite. This is a great room choice, offering a full kitchen, separate living room, a bath and a half, and an amazing view of the ocean.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're looking forward to having your whole family back with us soon.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed for the first time at this resort through a travel club but had access to everything offered. There are pools, hot tubs, lazy rivers out in the sun or under the roof. You can walk for miles on the beach and numerous golf courses, Par 3 golf course,mini golf, restaurants, ice cream shops or shopping all located within walking distance or a couple of miles. Our condo had 2 balconies located outside the bedroom and living room which looked out onto the ocean. The hotel restaurant is very good and friendly service through out the whole place. The parking ramp is located across the street but has an enclosed walk-over with elevators. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room with balcony over looking the ocean. You will enjoy it day or night!