“Landmark Resort has everything you need and then some” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Up To 50% Off!
Ranked #79 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, NC
“Landmark Resort has everything you need and then some”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

First off, my expectations were so low given the price of the rooms for oceanfront property. But, I have never been so pleasantly surprised. The Landmark has everything a family of six could possibly need/want and is definitely great for singles, couples, families and even bikers (just went there for bike week and was happy to see how biker friendly the place is). I have been going to the Landmark for the last 3 years with my family. I have toddlers and teenagers and it is never easy to find a place that everyone is happy- but the Landmark does the trick!! The rooms are amazing- sizable, clean, full of everything you need for a great vacation. I love the kitchens which make it easy to travel on a budget and be able to prepare full meals in your room (the suites- the basic rooms have frig, full microwave which still is really nice). The hotel staff is always courteous and eager to help. There are tons of pools/hot tubs to choose from and pool hopping is a favorite with all of us. The lazy rivers- yes plural are such a great treat and the putt putt golf is a great way to fill in the times when water time is getting a little old (I know how can that happen? but it does sometimes ;-) and ALL IS FREE!!! YES FREE with your room! Did I mention the most awesome walk way over the street from the parking ?? It is air conditioned and so convenient for getting across the sometimes busy road- no other hotel has one. You must visit the pub or enjoy the outdoor bar. There is a snackplace for the little ones- no need to go anywhere for food. In all honesty I haven't tried the restaurant as we just haven't needed it, but I am sure it is as great as everything else the hotel offers. Sleep quality?? I have never been kept up by noise and that is saying A LOT for a hotel!! And my big family always surprises our neighbors because I am always being told they didn't even hear us. HELLO? 4 kids and you can't hear the chaos? MUST be the hotel!! :-) The location is great- everything is really close and you don't feel like you are in the middle of nowhere on the beach, but you aren't so close to everything that you can't have peace and quiet if desired. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I live in Charlotte NC and have been enjoying yearly stays with family, friends and by myself for more than 15 years at the Landmark Resort.
It is not a new hotel, but has the best indoor/outdoor pool complex in all of Myrtle Beach. It has 17 water areas, consisting of pools, kiddie pools, jacuzzis, and 2 large lazy rivers. One indoor another outdoor.
My favorite room is actually the Angle Executive Suite which has 2 balconies, full kitchen and sleeps 6 comfortably, even 7, and very affordable. You can see the ocean from the bedroom or living room. I never stay at Myrtle Beach during June, July or August due to the heat, crowds and peak prices, but have stayed at the Landmark during the other months of the year.
This May I reserved 6 suites for a family wedding. All friends and family commented on the beautiful facilities and great service.
I plan to continue using the Landmark Resort in Myrtle Beach SC for at least another 15 years!

Room Tip: see my review comments
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Your website describes a beautiful resort, however your property is sub-par, the rooms are appalling and it is the most disappointing hotel stay ever. I will be sure to post my review on every blog, vacation site and review site I can find, with pictures and video. Additionally I will be will be contacting The Vacation Myrtle Beach marketing department about the deceptive business practices The Landmark Resort utilizes.
If it were not for the non-refundable room we would not be here, I assume with conditions like those provided a blind deal is the best way to fill your rooms. It is sad that vacationers are deceived into staying here by their options only being looking for something else and losing the money or staying in a falsely advertised accommodation that may as well be a rundown halfway house.
I will say on a positive note your web site developers are incredible. Wherever they got the pictures from looks pleasing, it surly was not from the actual Landmark Resort. We will be checking out in the morning and I will have the audio and digital “resort experience” posted soon after. The Landmark Resort should be the Last Resort and hopefully this information prevents other vacationers from living the mistake we are tonight.

Room Tip: The quality of room depends on its owner.
Sturbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Contrary to the more negative reviews, I found absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. The review by duarte25 “Not worth the money” Date of review: May 2, 2011 made me wonder if we actually stayed at the same hotel. I saw no evidence of any of the problems they encountered, and feel badly for them if that was their experience, however my stay was superb. I would highly recommend the Landmark to anyone, and have every intention of bringing my family down to enjoy the hotel as much as I did.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Summerville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I recently stayed at the Landmark Resort because we were in town for a bowling tournament for my two 11 yr. old grandsons. I was also with my adult daughter, teen-age granddaughter and her friend. We loved the beach front and availability to rent cabanas, chairs and umbrellas, the various inside and outdoor pools were enjoyed by all, especially the Lazy River. The bar was a nice touch for the end of the day. Staff was very friendly. I highly recommend a stay at this resort hotel, especially if you have kids in tow. Lots to occupy them.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Our stay was great! We were put into one of the remodeled rooms which was clean, updated, comfortable and had everything my boyfriend and I needed. The view was great and we spent both mornings wrapped up in a blanket watching the sunrise. The pool was maintenanced daily and clean. The staff was friendly and easy going. We enjoyed our stay and plan to take our kids the next time we go back. There was plenty of things to do. In the evening there was a live band and bar next to the pool which was a good time. People of all ages were relaxing and enjoying their stay. The hotel itself was clean, the bar was under renovation inside, but the construction didnt have any loud noise or saw dust to even remotely ruin our stay.
We will definitly be returning. The price was reasonable, and the location was perfect. Definitly recommendto any couple or family looking to get away to visit the beach

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

So my wife and I planned a trip to the beach and had never stayed here before. We decided to give the place a shot and man what a great idea this was. The rooms we clean and very spacious. My Child loved the pool area and the many different things to choose from. As for the Pub well I enjoy it :) Anyone who rates this place bad is out of their minds. Landmark Resorts is a wonderful place to stay solo or with a family. I give this place five stars and hope you are all smart enough to stay here as well

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Landmark Resort? Share your experiences!