“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jamaican Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jamaican Motor Inn
You added Jamaican Motor Inn to your Saves list
3006 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #126 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Collinsville, Virginia
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We started going to this hotel after our regular one was booked due to conflict of schedule with Bike week and Duke Graduation. We go the weekend right before the peak of bike week. The value is good and the rooms are ok. This is a nice place to stay for the value. I am here to sleep, shower and change clothes.My vacation is not in the room. If you want a Spa experience then you will have to pay the big bucks and go elsewhere. But if you want a clean place to unwind and save your money for the vacation things, then this is your hotel. Friendly helpful people, great to deal with. Give them a try and if it does not work out, then find a new place. We have stayed 3 times and will continue until they give a real reason not to.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

We decided on a spur of the moment to take a trip to Myrtle Beach. We found this place on a hotel deal website on our smartphone, but instead of booking it through there, we showed the front desk the deal. Not only was it $80 cheaper, but they went ahead and beat the deal by another $10 without us even asking. The room we stayed in was ground floor. The carpets in and out looked new, as did the beds and bedding and all seating inside and out. Although the bathrooms and kitchenette looked dated, both were very clean. At night my husband and I sat on our porch for a few hours. We constantly kept seeing security guards making their rounds. I even commented on how happy I was to see that. The only downside is that the have maybe 6 spaces outside the motel, otherwise you have to park across the street. That lot shares with the restaurant next door, so it was VERY tough finding a spot at about 6 on a Saturday night. After reading previous reviews, i'm assuming they've made a lot of updates to their rooms and staff. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Marion, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

First time for my husband and me to go to Myrtle Beach. We tried getting a room at the Caribbean but they were full so they offered us the Jamaican. They said they owned that building too so it would be ok. BEWARE: Every room is privately owned. We found that out after we got there. When we checked in, the room had no soap, lotion and very little toilet paper. They left a little bit of dish detergent. Called the office and they said they would bring some right up. After a walk on the beach and supper, we returned to the room and nothing had been brought. We loaded up and went to the Piggly Wiggly to purchase soap, lotion, etc.

Day two: soap was finally delivered after noon sometime but no plastic cups to drink out of. Thank goodness we picked those up at the store too.

Day three: maid knocks on the door at 8:40. I told her we were not ready. She asked if she could come in to our room to use the phone. Of course I said no. HOW WEIRD IS THAT?

Day four: checking out I told them how dissapointed I was. I wasn't asking for a refund, I just wanted them to know about the maid and no soap. They gave me a refund of $30 which I really appreciated but did not expect nor ask for. My concern was mainly the maid asking to use our phone? If she was cleaning rooms anyway, why not go to an empty room and use that phone?????

Parking is limited at the hotel but they have parking across the street. Good luck with that. When it's the busy season, you won't be parking in either one. We went off season and had a few problems finding a place to park.

If you want something that is cheap, no frills, really don't care how the carpet looks, or if it's been painted in the last 20 years, then this is your place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Mount Holly, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

I am ONLY recommending this if you are looking for a no frills, convenient place to stay. This would have been suitable if they charged half the price they charged us. The employees were not very helpful and essentially lie to you - so if you have issues, don't expect good results.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I wanted someplace right on the beach, inexpensive and clean. The Jamaican was all that. The room was plenty big...(I had 3 teenagers with me), great water pressure in the shower...and the air conditioning was great. The pool was clean and well maintained. The maid service was excellent...anything we needed she got for us with a big smile. We were able to use all the facilities that were at the Carribean Resort next door (pools, hot tubs, lazy river, game room). All the rooms had an oceanview. I will definitely return there on future stays in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I have stayed at the jamaican for years now but the last time I stayed I was not pleased with the experience. I almost didn't return this year. I looked at many different hotels before my grandma said oh, let's give it another try. So we did and I am happy to say they have improved on the overall look of the place. My room had fresh paint, bedding, and carpet on the balcony. Also they redid the pool area and replaced the concert with stone, very nice. Plus you get to use the pools and amenities at the carribeans main resort if you are looking for more activities. Over all I am pleased, and I will be returning.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
South Bend, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

It is right on the beach, but it's also kind of dirty and seedy. We had a ground floor room and someone stole our swimsuits and towels from us as they were out drying on the railing. There's no security at all, and the public beach access point right next to the hotel looks like a nighttime hangout for methies. I won't go back again, although if I were younger and just more into being cheap and partying, I might go for it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Jamaican Motor Inn? Share your experiences!