“Indigo Stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Indigo Inn
2209 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #45 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Indigo Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Dirty!! The pool was dirty, the kid's pool was dirty, the jacuzzi was dirty, the carpets were dirty. I did not like this motel. I will not stay here again. For the amount of money we probably could have found a better place $336 for three nights. I was presuaded by the former reviews but they MUST have been at another palce. Oh yeah! the patio area needed work, and the lounge chairs need to be replaced. Also watch out for the ants!

Room Tip: Spend a little more for a nice place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Clinton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at Myrtle Beach. When we were planning our weekend, I did what I always do..search for the best prices and then read the reviews of hotels. Well I must say, these reviews were absolutely dead on. The hotel was neat, cozy, clean and affordable. The pool was clean and the hot tub was relaxing. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The only complaint that I have is that our door would stick and we would have to work with it to open it but that's difinitely not a deal breaker. We would stay here again and I would definitely recommend this hotel ( and have ) to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Small, neat, clean, plenty of pool and sunning area. We have stayed there many times and will go back.It's in walking distance of good restaurants - breakfast, steak, pizza - and grocery and sundry stores.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and all are ocean front. Choose according to what size kitchen you want.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Chester, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I got this room last minute for a quick trip for our anniversary. The staff was nice but the hotel itself was horrible. The carpet was wet the whole time we were there, the internet service was so horrible it wouldn't stay connected (kinda reminded me of dial-up), the toilet stayed stopped up the entire time we were there and it leaked all over the bathroom floor, the elevators were so scary we were worried we may get stuck, constant water dripping on the balcony from the ac unit above us, the shower head was broken so I had to get my husband to hold it straight so I could shower and I had to do the same for him (it sprayed on the wall and not it the shower), cable tv service was horrible, not one clear screen on the tv, and the final straw was the 2nd day after we checked in they advertised lower rates for all rooms on the sign but we were told since we were in an efficiency then it would not be honored. Will never stay here again and will make sure no one we know stay there either. I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were out all night trying to find a good hotel, and we found Indigo Inn. Very Nice hot tub and heated pool, the rooms are wonderful comes with plates and utensils all rooms are oceanfront. Great furniture, nice beds. The Bathtub and showers are high quality.

Room Tip: Higher Rooms are better
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
starchild101
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for six nights in the heat of the summer sunshine. As stated in many reviews the hotel from the street looks iffey, however, don't let the looks deceive you, it is a very nice little place on the beach.

The good: its on the beach!!, it is not a huge hotel with hundreds of people (ie you can always get a chair around the pool area), bed is very comfey, all ocean front rooms, it's clean, its cheap!!, has good water pressure in the shower, pool was always clean, and there were some kids, but not a ton of kids that you will get at a larger hotel. (you also have a fridge, microwave and a full size coffee maker in every room - you do have to bring your own coffee - not a biggie)

Stuff that was not so great (not horrible nor a deal breaker, just areas that could be improved on): the elevator was so slow (next time we will ask for a room on the 4th floor so we can take the stairs more often -we were on the sixth floor), towels were a bit skimpy (on the flip side you could ask for more towels and you would always get them with no problems) and the toilet. The toilet was no power flusher folks, you were always in fear of clogging it!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat, clean, on the beach, and for the money you will not be dissapointed!

Room Tip: Would reccomend a room on the third or fourth floor so you can avoid the slow elevators, and avoid a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lenoir, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

As most have noted in these reviews, this hotel may not be the newest or the largest in the area but if you want a clean, well kept & affordable place to stay I suggest you check it out.
The rates are AWESOME.
I was amazed at how quiet the room was and I heard no outside noises!
The staff at the front desk were so pleasant and helpful.
The pool was well kept and clean.
I have only one complaint, the elevator is older (& kinda slow) and it is very hot in there. Next time I may ask for a room on a lower level... Over all very pleased & we will go back!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor... the elevator is slow and its hot. not sure I would want a room that high...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Indigo Inn? Share your experiences!