“Help where is Mary??” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Indigo Inn
2209 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #36 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
lavallette
“Help where is Mary??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We love the Indigo Inn it is a family place not sparkly but special-we have gone there for many years-but this year our friend the one who makes the hotel feel like a family home was missing -hours cut!~!Mary is the reason we go there and many many other people!!bring her back!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Stow, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The Indigo Inn has one pool, and it's perfect. Every room is oceanfront and has its own balcony. The beds are queen sized and comfortable. The price is great considering its fantastic location. If you're looking for a really fancy hotel with bars and restaurants and 13 pools, this isn't it. If you want a great place to stay to enjoy the beach and pool, and if you never want to worry about arriving at a hotel and being told that they don't have the Ocean Front room that you know you booked, this is the place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Ok Heres my review of the indigo inn in myrtle beach. we went in june 2011. stayed a week. prices were ok I was thinking. (111.00-120.00 on weekends)it did have everything it listed on their website. it was an older hotel. I was not expecting the ritz but I was a little let down was hoping it would of been a little nicer than it was. towels were soft & fluffy. we had a ocean front room with microwave, coffee pot, & mini fridge. iron & ironing board.. 2 queen beds . they were comfy but the sheets were a little big & kept bunching up. we had a balcony with 2 rocking chairs & small table. room was a little small. bathroom did not have hair dryer or vent but did have decent water pressure. tub/shower was kinda small. layout was awkward getting ready in front of the mirror but had plenty of counter space.the weird thing was the floor. it had dark carpet but it seemed lumpy so when you walked it was like it wasnt even. it was hard to get used to at first. made you wonder if the ceiling/floors ever fell in before and were just repaired.? for the most part everyone was nice. maids came later around 10am so we were never woke up -im a late sleeper so that was good. maids did ok except first day she didnt make the beds or take out the garbage. other than that it was cleaned daily. no bugs. they have 2 elevators most of the time only one was working and once both were out & we had to climb several flights of stairs which was not fun as I i have asthma. but we generally had one elevator. one night when we came in there was no where to park at all. was told by the night shift worker it was because there was a family reunion just checked in and they brought too many cars. so they told us to park on the side where the parking meters were & the hotel fellow paid the parking meter til it shut off at midnight only thing is we had to get up early & move the car or pay the meter luckily we got to move the car. it was a hassle to keep wondering if we were going to have somewhere to park when we got back or not luckily we were only there a couple more days and always got a spot. it wasnt fair to us or the other hotel guests that others brought too many cars so im sure we wernt the only ones to have to pay the meter. so all in all it was a so-so stay at the indigo. its def. not the worst hotel but def not the best. it would not be my first choice but would consider it .p.s. window airconditioner is at head of bed put your chair in front of airconditioner and it will keep it from blowing in your face all the time. also pool was pretty dirty first day but clean rest of the time never used hot tub.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

After a 3 night stay at the Indigo Inn, I have a new favorite place to stay in Myrtle Beach! I decided to give this place a try because the rates were very competitive and all the rooms are oceanfront, yet it isn't one of those huge, crowded high rise complexes. We arrived before checkin time but were greeted warmly and allowed to checkin in early. Our room was very clean and attractive, with 2 very comfortable queen beds, a dresser, a color TV/hutch, and a small dining table with 2 chairs. It also included a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The oceanfront balcony was great too, and had wooden rockers instead of the usual cheap plastic chairs. We had a great ocean view from our 9th floor room. The air conditioning and the free wifi worked just fine. The bathroom wasn't too cramped, the shower worked fine, and though the towels weren't huge they were soft and absorbant. The hotel's swimming pool and enclosed hot tub were sparkling clean and they also have a palm tree studded oceanfront lawn (on which you can sunbathe on one of the many lounge chairs) easy access to the beach, and a shower to rinse the sand off yourself afterwards. The hotel has 2 elevators, and we never had to wait long for one. Though the hotel hasn't switched to electronic key cards, they do have double locks on the doors, one of which is a deadbolt. We found the parking to be very convenient and the staff to be very friendly. The only food and drink on the premises comes from the vending machines and ice machine on the ground level, but on either side of the Indigo Inn are larger hotels with restaurants so you're still in easy walking distance of places to eat. (We enjoyed the $9 buffet breakfast at the Compass Cove next door and found it so filling we were able to skip lunch.) The Indigo doesn't seem to be a "party-all-the-time" kind of place, which suited us very well. The location on South Ocean Blvd is great, with only a 15 minute drive to Murrells Inlet or Broadway at the Beach.

Though I was very happy with our stay, there are a few minor things I feel I should mention that you might find in higher priced hotels that you won't find at the Indigo: hairdryer, shampoo/conditioner, or coffee packets for the coffee maker. The Indigo Inn's rates were far more affordable than other places I priced, so personally I'd rather bring those items from home than pay a lot more for my room. The only significant thing I'd like to see them add is an exhaust fan in the bathroom. If you have a family you might also want to know that the Indigo doesn't have a lazy river ride or water slide, so if that's something your kids are counting on, keep looking. As for me, the Indigo has everything I'm looking for, so I'll definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: Rooms 3rd floor and up have better ocean view!