“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Sands South

We can't find prices for this hotel
Holiday Sands South
You added Holiday Sands South to your Saves list
2411 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #69 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
East Tennessee
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We just returned from a week long trip to Myrtle Beach and stayed at the Holiday Sands at the South Beach which is the new tower of condos. The rate was excellent and we loved our condo. There was plenty of room and the view from our balcony was wonderful. We had a side view on the 11th floor and we could see both the ocean and down the strip. I added some photos of the condo itself and the view we had. The outdoor pool was small but clean. They also had a small indoor pool, hot tub, kiddie area and a real nice lazy river. The beds were not to comfortable but it's hard to sleep anywhere but your own bed. The bathroom had a long vanity plus there was an extra vanity outside of the bathroom that made it easier for two people to get ready at the same time. We visit Myrtle Beach several times a year and this was definitely the best place we've ever stayed at. I plan on staying here again in the near future and would highly suggest to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Bluefield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

My wife, 2 y/o son and I spent last week here, and I must say I was impressed. I was so worried about cigarette smoke smell, but all worries left as soon as I opened the room door. NO SMELLS !!! I was told prior to arriving that staff would put an "air machine" in the room to clear out the odor. Boy did it work ! No signs of cigarettes anywhere, not even on the curtains !
The room was very clean, the beds were comfy, and the kitchenette worked out perfect for us ! We saved alot of money by eating breakfast and most lunches in our room.
The ocean front view was amazing to me as this is the first time I have ever seen the ocean. We were having so much fun we decided to stay the 5th night. We did have to change rooms to a side view, but with little or no hassle. The bathrooms in both rooms were very clean and the waterpressure was great ! The entire staff was more than helpful, and very friendly. Thanks to Jamie, Jeff, Ronnie and everyone else we came in contact with.
The in room safe was also good to have as we made use of it all week. I did make use of the computer at the main entrance, as I could not get a wifi signal in our room. There are modems in the hotel rooms, but I did not have the proper connection. We didnt use the pool area in our hotel bldg, but did use the pool, lazy river, and childrens pool in the condo bldg. All very clean and fun !!!
We only had one opportunity to eat at the Ocean View Cafe, and the food was very good and very affordable. The staff here were also super nice !
Now I could get nitpicky about the hotel being dated, parking, etc, but I dont feel the need to. The positives from this hotel outweigh the negative...The only negative thing we experienced was on Friday morning, someone (I assume Housekeeping) tried to enter our room without knocking, announcing herself or anything. Luckily, we had the safety lock engaged.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We will stay here again, but may try the condo bldg just for the experience !!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
emyjoemaxx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I reviewed many hotels and wasn't really wanting to spend a lot of money so I settled on this one. I was worried about what I would be getting for the price I was paying but it turned out to be good.
The hotel was clean and had very friendly staff. This is not to be confused with the new Holiday Sands South that has condo's. I saw some of the pics which people posted and they are not the ones from the hotel in which we stayed.
My only complaints are the hotel is outdated and the beds are hard. During our stay we went out and bought a feather bed because the beds were just too hard for us. The halls and elevators smelled and looked clean all the time. I always saw the staff running a sweeper and cleaning up. We were able to check in and out very quickly. There was very little parking in the lot in which the hotel was located but they did have parking across the street. There wasn't any shops or restraurants that were in walking distance but we really enjoyed the location of the beach. They did however have a cafe in the hotel and a fitness center but we never tried either.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

We stayed both at hotel and condos. Condos are a much better stay if you can afford the upgrade. Very spacious. Hotel rooms were not as small as some reviews said. They were comfortable and staff was very nice. Our stay was perfect, great view of the beach. Will go back and definitely recommend.

aiken sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I took a chance on this hotel. This was my first time at the Holiday Sands and I was very pleased overall. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, restaurant on site(with good food, i might add), and most importantly we were on the ocean. Also, I liked having internet access.
My only 3 minor complaints is the parking is across the street behind a parking garage(although it was lit), the housekeeper did not announce herself or give us a chance to get to the door before she came in, and finally, another elevator would help(we had a hard time checking out because everyone was trying to leave around the same time and there are only 2 elevators for 9 floors(i think 9?) of people.
Overall, I will be back again!

Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

This is going to be my first review due to our different expierences that we had at both Holiday sands south and Holiday sands at south beach. We came across the Holday sands south beach in Myrtle Beach, SC.This place had everything that we were looking for in our first vacation to mb.This condo offered a very spacious room with 2 queen beds(not the most comfy.. oh yea and your sheets WILL come off the bed) a very clean bathroom with an extra vanity.Clean and modern kitchen(beware your food will stick to the pots and pans)dishwasher, a plus as well as the washer/dryer.A table which is also a murphy bed(bed not the most comfy) and a nice small livingroom, which was fine.The view was awesome(not to mentioned we were on the top floor(12th).The parking garage and the elevators(super fast)both were a bonus..If you are looking for top of the line than this place may not be for you.If you are looking for a good deal at a clean, modern place than this place will work for you.Another review to come...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

All of the bad reviews are ridiculous! Are these people serious? I will be posting this review here as well as under Holiday Sands South since they are both managed by the same management. This was the best room we have ever had in Myrtle Beach. We stayed in the condo building one bedroom King, Side Ocean View. It was very spacious and very clean. Very nice kitchen with almost all of the needed amenities. We brought cooking spray, dishwasher gel, spray cleaner, and paper towels. That was pretty much all that we needed because the room provided all dishes and utensils needed. We made breakfast every day and had everything we needed. The living room and dining area had plenty of space for my husband and I, and I am sure the other types of rooms would be even bigger. The maid staff made the bed, emptied the trash, and gave fresh towels daily which is what normal maid staff do. Most condos do not even have cleaning staff until you are gone, so this was a definite plus. Having a stacked washer and dryer was also so great! I washed all of my clothes the night before we went back home and there was no laundry to be done! The location was great as well. Almost at the very end of S. Ocean Blvd which is a great location. Absolutely LOVED having a parking garage just for the condo building. Most of the hotels/condos in Myrtle Beach you have to park across the street. Not this one! You have to use your card to get in the garage, which is nice so that others do not park there. There is an actual wireless router in the room so the wireless internet was awesome! The view was ok. We were on the south side of the building which does have an ocean view but more of a view of the condo bulding next door that is being renovated. The next time we will go back I will definitely request the north side which has a top notch side view, or just go ahead and splurge for the ocean front. The only few cons to the stay was the view of the south side and the loud generators from the renovations next door at Regency Towers, the size of the area to sit around the pools, and I wish they had a better way to make the sheets stay on the bed. You could roll one time and the sheets would be off of the bed. Other than those few items I would say it was definitely the best stay ever!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Sands South? Share your experiences!