“Four Days in Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Sands South

We can't find prices for this hotel
Holiday Sands South
You added Holiday Sands South to your Saves list
2411 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #69 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Four Days in Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

My grandkids and I just had the vacation of our lives at the Holiday Sands South in Myrtle Beach. The staff were all so courteous and helpful. The room was awesome. We could not have asked for more. It was WONDERFUL!

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2005

Our family vacation started out as a disaster. The hotel we had reservations with did not keep our reservations and did not have room for us when we arrived. Imagine explaining that to a 5 year old who was "finally" at the beach. We ended up finding a room at a very dirty motel until we could call around and find a place to stay that was more suitable for 4 adults and one child. The staff at the Holiday Sands were extremely friendly. They had an oceanfront room for us and went the "extra" mile to have the room ready before the usual check-in time. I can't stress enough how friendly this staff is to their guests. The cafe is wonderful. We had breakfast and lunch there. The breakfast buffet is the best! Some of the other reviews mention that they "only" have the indoor and the outdoor pools. This is true, however, our trip was in the middle of July and there was never a time that either pool was too crowded. The views are beautiful. You WILL NOT find a friendlier staff, a cleaner motel (I never smelled anything other than a clean room, it was the first thing I noticed and commented on when we opened the door), a better anything anywhere, but the Holiday Sands. We've already planned another trip in the fall.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2005

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Holiday Sands South. We had a side view room. We were extremely disappointed in the view. We realized that a side view isn't great but this was terrible. The pictures on the website are very deceiving. We were on the north side of the building. The hotel next to us was about 15 feet away and doing construction. So not only could we not see the ocean but we had to look at this hotel and hear the construction every morning. I had also called in advance to request a room on an upper level. But when we got there we were on the 2nd floor. I went down to the desk to ask if we could be moved and they said there was nothing they could do. The outdoor pool was ok but the indoor pool burned our noses just walking into the area. We refused to go into the indoor pool. I do not think it was safe to even be in the area of that pool with the amount of odors coming from it. The room was very depressing with the colors being dull and the ugly brown carpet. It needs to be updated badly. The room was clean and the staff was nice. I think the only thing that got us through the trip was the extremely good weather we had. We never had to be in the room which was great. We will not be returning to this hotel ever again. We got what we paid for I guess.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Holiday Sands South? Share your experiences!