“worst vacation stay ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Sands North

We can't find prices for this hotel
Holiday Sands North
You added Holiday Sands North to your Saves list
400 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #75 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“worst vacation stay ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

I stayed at the North Tower 8th floor oceanview. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone! The stove was old and rusty,the toaster burnt everything,the pots and pans not fit to cook a meal, The carpet was filthy and stained with something red ,and the color of the carpet itself was suppose to be blue .I found a straight pin in my bed and upon looking further underneath the mattress pad I found it to be dirty and worn out with multiple cigarette burns. .The mattress itself was worn out. The sheets are not changed everyday and the comforter had cigarette burns The walls were suppose to be white but were yellow and peeling in areas and in need of painting. The maid came to sweep the floor with an old worn out sweeper not even working effectively to clean the floor.No coffee or dish soap available in the rooms. We went to the cafe in the south tower for lunch and I ordered a chefs salad and they didnt have any boiled egg for the salad as stated in the menu ..The air quality of the room itself was very poor.Nonsmoking rooms are not offered because all are smoking.The elevator is old and unreliable because it broke down several times during our stay. Then we had to use the flight of stairs! I will never return to this hotel and it was a waste of money and time.

• Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

This was my first time in Myrtle Beach. Our stay at the hotel was nice. The hotel itself is clean, right on the beach, the pools are nice and kept clean and hp/chlorine checked daily. The rooms were kept clean and really everything we needed was there. We had a kitchenette in our room and everything was in working order and clean. Staff was very helpful. And for what we paid for the week, was great. Not a 5 star hotel, but definitely worth the money.

The only draw back was really just Myrtle Beach itself. It was high school grad week and they were EVERYWHERE! If I were to go down again I would ask if it was going to be senior week, on the week I wanted to go, and change my dates. They were much too wild for my two kids. And it seemed to me that Myrtle Beach was much dirtier than I am use to, as I usually vacation in Florida.
While I personally will probably not go back to Myrtle Beach, I WOULD recommend this hotel for its price and cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

This was a great hotel for the price. We stayed in an effiency suite with an oceanfront view. It was great waking up to a view of the ocean every morning. The hotel sits directly on the beach. You have access to both Holiday Sands towers, which includes indoor and outdoor pools and an indoor lazy river. The rooms were always clean although the furniture is very outdated. All of the appliances worked and the dishes/utensils were provided. We had plenty of towels and toiletries (except shampoo). The hotel is within walking distance to several restuarants, amusement parks and other area attractions. The only drawback was the parking. There is absolutely no convenient parking! Parking is across the street or several blocks away. Be prepared to walk. This is not a 5-star hotel by any means, but you won't pay 5-star prices either. Overall great oceanview balcony, clean room, decent amenities and polite staff.

• Stayed April 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at the Holiday Sand North. The hotel has two towers, and we stayed in the North Tower.

The hotel is an older hotel. The room was clean when we arrived, and so were the pools and spas.

It was bike week, so finding reasonably priced accommodations. The hotel was reasonable. However, this is the only hotel I've ever stayed at that didn't supply coffee or shampoo, and although the rooms had kitchens, they didn't supply dish soap.

Generally speaking, if you pack everything, and need a good price, this hotel will work.

Stayed May 2006
hazleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

we stayed in a c room ocean view front on the 4th floor.after reading the reviews i must say i was scared but took a chance..and darn glad i did the place was very very clean. yes it is old and a little crampy..but the paint was fresh and it did look clean.. and the staff was very friendly.. i will be going back to this place.. the pools were nice and clean too. the view was great and you can hear the ocean too with the door open. it was just great to be able to see the ocean .. this was alot better than what i expected for the money i paid..

• Stayed April 2006
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2006

My family and I just got home from 7 nights at the Holiday Sands North, we stayed in an A-1 room and had an incredible time, the room was cleaned everyday by a very nice lady, the desk staff were went out of their way to look after us even giving us two free hats when we left, the pools were clean the front yard was cleaned everyday, the parking lots were close and clean as well. I'm not sure what the bad reviews are for I mean if you do your reseach you know it's not going to be a 5 star hotel but it was great none the less it actually exceeded our expectations, after reading all the comments on Trip Advisor we were actually scared pulling up to the hotel. I think people should possibly not be so picky if you want more then go ahead and pay more then just think is all that money really worth it for the small difference it would make or possibly you could use the savings to go out a couple of more times and have fun!!! We will definately be staying again.

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and after we got home they charged my checking account for taxes they forgot to add in and it overdrew my checking account and we were out almost $200 and this was without any notice to us at all. We had planned on spending every anniversary their but now they have ruined that for us. they weren't very professional about the situation either

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Holiday Sands North? Share your experiences!