“Convienance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bermuda Sands Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Bermuda Sands Motel
You added Bermuda Sands Motel to your Saves list
104 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #163 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
morganton nc
“Convienance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

my family and i have stayed at bermuda sands for the last 3 years . we find it to be convieant to major attractions along ocean blvd. it is within walking distance of the pavillion area as well as family kingdom, friendlys restraunt and area convient stores. i have never had a problem with the management or staff. as they have been super helping me with my accomadations. i look forward to the summer of 2007 as i will book my reservations for the 4th time at this fabilous vacation resort. " folks" i dont think you will get anything better for the money during the summer months. if you do, make sure you buy yourself a new pair of shoes, your gonna need them.

• Liked — atmosphere and location
  • Disliked — never had a problem
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

I wanted our dog to be able to stay with us during our vacation, and was very happy to find one that allowed us to do so. As you may know, there are not many pet friendly hotels, so our selection was skim. On the internet Bermuda Sands looked great (beautiful hotel). On our arrival, the room was awlful. It stunk, holes in the wall, roaches, dirty. The only way I could stand to be in that room was to go to the near by Food Lion and get some clorox and air freshener. I cloroxed the bathroom entirely. I even cloroxed the kitchen. We sprayed air freshener in every room daliy. The maids only came in to pick up towels and make the beds. Baked on pizza was left on the rack of the oven and crumbs in the cabinets. The frigerator was even nasty. The floor stayed dirty everyday. The maids never ran the vaccume in our room and we were there for 6 days.
The bathroom floor was never swept. The powders that I fell on the floor after my bath the first night was still there 5 days later. I understand that the maids may be scared of dogs, but she knew that my dog was locked up in his pet taxi everytime we left the hotel. The room was out dated. It needed a fresh coat of paint, and major up keep. I could have lived with not having a 4 star hotel to be able to have my dog with me, but the least they could have done was clean it daily.

• Liked — The only thing was that I was able to have my dog with us.
  • Disliked — The nasty room (daily)
  • Tips/Secrets — If you are looking for a 4 star...go else where.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2006

By far the worst hotel I have ever seen. As soon as we checked into our room, we knew we were not going to stay the night there. The two rooms we booked were completely trashed. Chairs were being held together by duct tape, bathroom lights were not working, rooms smelled srtongly of smoke and mildew. Looked as if they were never cleaned. Everything was old and worn. Very disappointing to say the least. There was drunk man roaming the property. Parking was terrible. This place needs to go out of business and fast! We were fortunate enough to get our money back from the front desk and stayed at the LaQuinta near Broadway at the Beach, which was awesome! Bermuda Sands was our worst nightmare and we would recommend staying as far away from this place as possible!

• Stayed September 2006
Southwest, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

My b/f and I stayed at the Bermuda Sands Aug 24-27, was kinda worried about it being a pet friendly hotel having the "pet" smell, but the rooms did not, the elevator however did but no biggie not on the elevator that long, right? ;) we had a great time, everyone was really nice, good for the price! :) thought we didn't go in the pools or the lazy river because they were mostly occupied by kids, very good for families.. We regreted not bringing our kids looked like lots of fun! :D

• Liked — view was fantastic! with the pier right next door it was awesome!
  • Disliked — needed some updating with the deco
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay on the bottom 2 floors you can't see the beautiful views!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mentor, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

We drove a total of 14 hours to reach the Bermuda Sands at Myrtle Beach. We chose this motel because it was pet friendly. After loading our luggage and depositing it our room, we took the dogs outside for a walk. During the 10 minutes we were gone, the room was broken into and my purse was stolen. Someone appears to have a key to the room as there was no forced entry?? The motel claims no responsibility. They said they WILL NOT install cameras because it costs too much. No on-duty security guard either. The staff was not sympathetic or helpful in locating my purse or wallet. They just sat behind the counter as if this was a normal thing to them like they hear the same story all of the time. We were at the motel a total of 2 hours and checked out. I would never recommend this motel to anyone. Beware. You can't leave anything in your room and are held captive in your room because you are afraid to leave your stuff. Thank goodness my pets were not in the room when the theif helped himself.. It would be the most dreadful thing if the thief were to have injured my pets. The aweful experience we had with this motel makes us never want to come back to Myrtle Beach again. Myrtle Beach won't see anymore of my vacation dollars...I'll be going somewhere else.

• Disliked — No security, lack of concern.
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid at all costs...
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

as was said in a previous review. you definitly get what you pay for. stayed on a weekend the first part of September for 59 bucks. Room was clean for the most part. Beds were small and itchy. the dining table was broke. we were eating breakfast on it and my 3 year old daughter put her elbows on it and it flipped up and flung our breakfast all over the floor. Elevators stunk. the little kids waterpark out front was nice, albeit a little but chilly. the Adult pool wasnt even an option because it was soooo cold. Not a VERY bad hotel, but would not go back. Goto Crown Reef. Much nicer!

• Liked — Little Waterpark out front for the kids
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
n.c.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

We had stayed at this hotel a couple of times in the past, booked late and had not much of a choice but to stay again. We found it to be worse than before-even more rundown and trashy. I asked front desk if they were planning to shut down soon, the reply was in six years they are rebuilding a large condo building, so this is why they are allowing the property to go to crap. Rooms were run down,needed repair, pool and groundsman are lazy and do a bare minimum of work, over chlorinate the pool(my kids got a rash). The outdoor grills are even gone and the staff replaced them with 1 12 inch camping grill! Last day there we found out that they also own Bar Harbour next door, went to check out their pools and found this place to be even dirtier,rundown and worse than Bermuda Sands. I f I were lucky enough to own a hotel on the ocean like this, I would surely provide my customers with a decent, clean, and maintained place to enjoy their vacation that they paid so much for. That would ensure their return and satisfaction. Bermuda Sands doesnt care the least little bit about their reputation or customer satisfaction-dont stay there or you will be disappointed.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rundown
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else.There are other reasonable accomodations elsewhere that take care of their property and care about their customers. Try Holiday Sands or Windsurfer.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bermuda Sands Motel? Share your experiences!