“Never again...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #166 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Stanley, North Carolina
“Never again...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

When we arrived finding parking was horrible...finally made it to our room on the other side of the hotel,since the elevator on our side was broken made it even more horrible, when entering our room we found that the microwave was cracked,fridge barely was cold(never got any colder), tv in the extra bedroom was not working and after 3 calls we finally got a used one on the second day after we was assured we woukd get a brand new one, also we paid $109 a night and sign the next day said $59 for a side view room like we had, whole hotel was trashy..walked by a beer can and other trash in the stairway 3 days before they picked it up(I was gonna see how long before they got it), only pool they had was a covered heated pool which really didnt care for in 90 degree weather and the fact that a large terd was in there and when I reported it to the office they rudely said "your the third person that has told me this" maintenance got the feces out and didnt even close the pool afterwards!!! Wow!! Lazy river only had about 8 floats and the water barely flowed,rooms did have a weird smell, and smelled pot about 4 times while we were there, didn't get a info pack about the hotel...had to call or figure it out urself, Good location but horrible parking and def needs renovated compared to the other hotels they own there....oh yeah office has better appearance than the whole hotel so don't let the first impression fool ya!!!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We arrived to no hardle any parking available. Pool view 2 bedroom unit room 105 was falling apart smelled like an ashtray, the bathrown counter had all kinds of burns & door handle was about to fall apart with holes in the door. The only appliance that was descent was the fridge. But the carpet looked descent. We asked about changing rooms on Friday for the remainder of the 2 nights we had & they couldn't move us until Sat for 1 night which was a 2 queen bed oceanfront room 536 which was a much better room it was cleaner & didn't smell of smoke.
The website was very misleading & I didn't see anywhere on it that said all units allowed smoking.
The evening staff was OK but not as friendly as the lady that moved our room & the cleaning lady was very friendly when we asked to have the first room cleaned good on Friday morning, she was great with getting us extra towels too.
I would not refer anyone to this motel.

Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Let's see, we arrived to our pet friendly room to find it destroyed! Dog urine smell, carpets soaking wet, door frames rotten or missing! Bugs everywhere!!! We had to spray our kids with OFF before going to bed to keep the Mosquitos away. Fridge broken, stove broken, air unit knocking and yes broken! We had to use towels as blankets, I wouldn't let the family sleep under the covers due to the amount of free roaming bugs! We made it one night of our 6 day stay. When we checked out the receptionist asked why we were leaving early, I told her I have seen cleaner crack houses! She said she understood. It clearly happens a lot!!!! Run, run, run, if you stay anyway and get room 107, I warned you! I felt bad leaving my dog in the room while we searched for a new hotel an hour into our vacation, be warned!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I booked online, thinking it looked decent. The first room they gave us wreaked of cigarettes and pot. The maintenance man was installing a new entry handle on the door. I complained and they gave us an "upgraded room". The bathroom door was falling apart and the tub drained very slow. Handles missing on the furniture, and the fridge looked like somebody used it for a punching bag. We didnt dare sleep under the sheets. The hallways were filthy with trash and the elevator was so nasty that we used the stairs. The parking was a nightmare as well. "FIND ANOTHER HOTEL"

Prestonsburg, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I use Bermuda Sands every year that I go to Myrtle Beach. Even though it is probably one of the older hotels in the area, this year I saw some updates to the rooms. The location can not be beat! The hotel clerks were so darn courteous, Joe Delaney and Nancy Hammond were helpful in any way possible. I will always look for this hotel when I return to that area.

Room Tip: I always get a 2 bedroom unit on the 5th floor, ocean front..it is private and noise is minimal, plu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Seymour, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place is the biggest dump I have ever been to. We reserved the room but didn't stay we were in it long enough to check out the room and got cheated out of $125. The rooms are gross. The so called stove in the room was a joke. The eyes didn't even fit in it. I would not waste my time or my money on this place. Go stay somewhere else. The staff is rude and the rooms are terrible.

Great Falls, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed in the penthouse of this establishment for the 4th of July weekend 2014. It looked fine on their website and decent from the street, however once you cross their threshold it's like entering the twilight zone. The hallways are the filthiest I have ever seen, I'm pretty sure their was a bloody tampon in one hallway. The elevator smelled like someone ate really bad sea food, got sick and threw it up in the elevator. Literally unbearable. Our room was big, however their was mold around all of the vents, nothing like knowing the air being blown in while your kids are sleeping has to come out of a mold infested, leaking vent. Every room was dirty, like hadn't been touched in awhile dirty. Their was poop stains in the toilet my sisters room had dried blood spatter on the wall in her room. We found a half smoked blunt on top of the coffee pot in our room. I honestly don't know how this place can pass any sort of health inspection. Beach access is the only thing this place has going for it. The parking is crappy as well. I would never stay here again nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bermuda Sands Motel? Share your experiences!