“Beautiful person inside and out----Nancy Hammond at the front desk . . .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bermuda Sands Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Bermuda Sands Motel
You added Bermuda Sands Motel to your Saves list
104 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #163 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Bryan, Texas
“Beautiful person inside and out----Nancy Hammond at the front desk . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nancy Hammond always has a smile for everyone and our stay at Bermuda Sands is a pleasant one each time. We did not bring our pet but it is nice to know that it is pet friendly. The rooms are clean and that is what makes me happy. When asked where to stay by my friends, I always tell them Bermuda Sands. Nancy Hammond gives us great ideas of where to go to shop and where to eat out. I am at home writing this and for sure I would love to be in Myrtle Beach right now and of course staying at Bermuda Sands.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a very pleasant stay especially with desk people like Nancy Hammond. and others. They are all very polite and if we needed anything they would do their best to get it for ua. Everything is so close their, the pier and the boardwalk the beach is right there and a lot of restaurants real close.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We made the reservation online (the website is very deceiving) and had everything planned. We showed up and immediately knew that the website was a hoax. We needed a hotel that was pet friendly, but this hotel is not even human friendly. We walked up to the desk clerk and he was very rude. We got to our room (the lock did not work) and immediately turned around and asked for our money back. On a good note, he did give our money back without an argument and we went to a very nice pet friendly hotel down the street.

• Stayed July 2013
Equality, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Have stayed here many times & always pleased with accomodations & staff. Nancy Hammond has worked there several years & is so nice. She goes out of her way to make sure my stay is safe & pleasant. Look forward to seeing her each year. She is an asset to Bermuda Sands. She knows my dogs names and sends them home with a box of doggie treats when we leave. Enjoy knowing her.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Keystone, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Just had another great weekend at Bermuda Sands. Staff wonderful, views of pier from balcony unbelievabe. This hotel is a must for comfort and value. Thanks Bermuda Sands....Joe and Pat Duval. Summerville SC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Another Good visit to this motel.We stay there back in November in a double room ,My Niece in one My wife and I in the other. so this is not the Hilton but it doesn't advertise to be. But the cleaning crew was there on time to straighten the room. Hot water was always ready for showers. They gave us no grief about friends stopping by to spend the night. even though it was a bit cold,their lazy river was running and the jacuzzi was well heated. We are already making plans for this summer.I do wish that still had the Grills and Picnic area.That's why we Originally started staying there.

Room Tip: If there more than two staying,Get the big Oceanfront rooms of poolside room.side view are somewhat...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We visited Myrtle Beach this weekend, supposed to be a Friday-Sunday stay...but after just one night at this filthy place I couldn't force myself to stay for 2. We had a 4th floor side view room with wet carpet, a microwave and phone that didn't work, plugins ripped out of the wall, broken tiles on the bathroom floor, mold on the ceiling, rust all in the bathtub & sink, the bed linens were dirty...it looked like someone vomited down the side of the sheets all the way down to the carpet, the heater didn't work, no TV remote, everything was so outdated, honestly we slept with all of the lights on because we we afraid that bed bugs and roaches would take over the room. The hallways and stairwells were very dark and dirty looking with trash all over the floor. The police stayed around this motel because of all the trouble and to top it off the employees/staff were very unfriendly, unwelcoming & rude. After being in our room not even 5 minutes we called the front desk and told them about the problems the man was very rude and made no effort to make things right or to offer us another room. This is by far the nastiest place I have ever stayed, I don't see how they expect people to pay nearly $100 per night when they should pay no more than $10 for this dump! We paid $55 and thank goodness we decided to pay by the night instead of all up front because 2 days here would've NEVER happened. They charge you a $5 'resort fee' the lady said to help with gas and utilities and to keep the pools clean...its funny that they want you to pay a resort fee but they don't bother to give you working appliances! At every other hotel I have stayed at they provide complimentary soap, shampoo, lotion, etc...NOT HERE!! To sum this up, even if you have to pay more money to stay somewhere else...spend the extra because it will be well worth it and you will actually be able to enjoy your vacation! This dump needs serious help/cleaning/updating or to just be condemned!!!!!!!! I wish I would have read all of the other reviews on this place before going there, but I didn't! I do confirm that they are all true and I will NEVER EVER stay there again!!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2014

Been to Bermuda Sands Motel? Share your experiences!