“The worst hotel EVER” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #157 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
pittsboro nc
“The worst hotel EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This place should be condemned. The room was so dirty we slept in our clothes and did not put our bare feet on the floor. There were exposed electrical wires, the shower would not drain, and it recked of cigarette smoke. We had our two dogs and were afraid for their safety given that there was white powder along the baseboards. NEVER would I EVER stay here! It is not worthy of being a $20.00 per night stay. DON'T GO

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Belews Creek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Bermuda Sands is slowing updating to modern world. Prices are reasonable, location is good, but what makes this place to stay is the STAFF by far. Starting with David for reservations, Nancy to make all the little things perfect, Pamela to take those special pictures you need, Steve for local help and advice and Joe can't get things done fast enough to please ya. The maintenance staff is right there to adjust, fix or take care of the jacuzzi temperature for ya. It's all done with a smile and whatever it takes to make your stay COMPLETE. Looking forward to a return visit. Pet friendly too.

Room Tip: I had the efficiency over-looking the ocean. Great view. Nice new boardwalk.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rockingham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

my boyfriend has stayed here a few times and recommended we stay here for our little get away cause the prices were very cheap i was a little weary but upon arival i was impressed honestly thought it was goin to be worse than it was. the front desk staff were very friendly we were suppose to get the room with the single bed but the lady let us get the room with the 2 queens with the kitchen for the same price. the room wasnt that bad only complaints i had were the water in the shower didnt get that hot. it could have used some updating but for the price it wasnt bad. i didnt get to check out the pool and hottub since we only stayed 1 day we would def. stay here again! and alot of reviews say they seen roaches but on my trip we didnt run into any (thank god) not sayin there isnt any we just didnt see them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairdale, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have been going to Bermuda Sands for several years now. My sister and her family have been staying there for 20 years. We like staying here and will continue to stay here. This may not be a fancy hotel but we like it and if we didn't we would not go back year after year.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SUMTER, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the years. I have been reading some of the reviews posted and felt compelled to write another review since my last one was done a few years ago.
Over time everything gets worn down when you have thousands of people in and out of a place on a daily basis! When my family spent 10 days at this hotel in June, it was NOT roach infested!! There was alot of activity going on at all hours, but, THIS IS THE BEACH!! The noise wasn't from guests, it was from people on the Boardwalk and the Beach itself. We had everything we needed. The staff was awesome as usual and the room was clean and comfortable. The view from The Bermuda Sands is amazing!! My grandchildren have grown up with this resort and love the lazy river!! It is a shame that people can get on here and write such horrible things. I am sure things go wrong and break, but that happens at home too!!
CHRISTMAS was by far our BEST trip yet!! The resort has done upgrading. We found our room with new furniture and plasma TVs!! Again, we have NEVER had a bug problem, nor have we had a "dirty room"!! I noticed new carpeting being put in rooms and hallways! It is going to look great when it's all done!! As for parking, it does tend to be hectic in the summer, but when the new Boardwalk was built, it changed the space ALL resorts in that area had!! GET OUT AND ENJOY THE BEACH!!!
THANK YOU Steve, Joe, Dave, and Nancy!!! You guys are not only GREAT Resort Specialist, you are GREAT PEOPLE!! You all have ALWAYS been gracious and super to my family and to anyone I have seen you deal with when we were there!! I can NOT wait to come back!!
On a side note............. my best friend came down and stayed 2 days with us and LOVED IT!!!
Stop by and look before you read a review that may keep you from enjoying The Bermuda Sands!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place was awful!!! My husband and I just needed a place for one night and didn't want to spend much money. Believe me...I would rather spend a little more and get a room that I wasn't afraid of getting under the bed covers!!! Needs a LOT of cleaning and a LOT of work. My pictures tell it best....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ringgold
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place needs to be condemned! We stayed last week during Thanksgiving. There was mold, mildew and water stains all over the ceillings, mold growing on the walls, the "kitchen" area was filthy. Worse, was the roaches. Before leaving I had to empty all luggage, my purse anything we had in the parking lot to make sure I wouldn't bring any home with me. I didn't even want to let my dog on the floor. I tried getting a refund and they wouldn't do it. Bought candles to try to help the smell. Couldn't bring any food into the room, scared to sleep. Definately not worth $50 a night for November!

Room Tip: I find it hard to believe there are any good rooms at this place as this was the third one they put...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bermuda Sands Motel? Share your experiences!