“Revisit at Westgate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

Hotels.com Booking.com
Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   415 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #68 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sumter, South Carolina
“Revisit at Westgate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

In 2010 I wrote a very harsh but true review of Westgate, Myrtle Beach. Last month I stayed there in the same type room (hotel unit not the tower) and was very pleased. The room was clean, everything worked, the service was good and I had a very nice visit. I am glad that this propertry is now up to the Westgate standards I am use to seeing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

824 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Stoddard, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We bought tickets for the NASCAR race in Darlington and the wife wanted to stay on the beach so we picked Westgate. Good choice. Great room in the tower with an ocean view. Good value and service. Would do it again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lenoir, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was attending an education class at the ocean dunes and the room rate there was $179 so I looked online & Westgate came up at $50 a night. It has been very nice, the hot tub awesome, employees very helpful & I would certainly do it again! homeKimmie

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Plattekill, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Me and my wife had a free week stay at this hotel and after the first night we checked out and paid for a different hotel. Hotel is filthy, service is horrible, food was disgusting!! The only thing this hotel it has going for it is it's beach location. Would never stay at a Westgate property again!!

• Stayed April 2014
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I spent three nights, and not only is there not complimentary breakfast for the price you pay but once we checked in the front desk gave us a room that was already occupied! Luckily when we opened the room no one was in there! The location is wonderful and the beach is beautiful, however all I smelt was pot! What a great vaca get away! We will most definitely return to myrtle beach, however just not to this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed one night, although we had booked and pre-paid for two nights.
I really am not sure where to begin with my complaints.
We did book and pre-pay for two nights, March 21, and March 22, 2014. We stayed only one night, March 21, 2014. My husband is Army Special Forces and had been away from home for several months. He was suddenly allowed to come home early, so we wanted to check out a day early and asked the management if we could be credited for the one night that was pre-paid but not used. They said we could cancel but would forfeit the money. So, clearly the management has no regard for military families. I for one, will NEVER pre-pay anywhere again! Next, when we got to the room I had my mother and my two kids ages, 4 and 6 with me. The room had a funny smell so we opened the door to air it out. The bathroom was not clean, with what was apparently mold around the tub and at the base of the toilet. The most critical item however was the broken electrical outlet under the desk. When my mother tried to plug in her laptop computer it sparked and shocked her. Luckily it was not a serious shock. You can see by the attached photo that the outlet itself is broken and exposed.
Then upon checkout I once again asked the desk clerk if we could possibly be credited the money paid for the second night because my husband was being allowed by the Army to come home early. She checked with management and the answer was no.
Then I got out to my car and noticed that she had charged me for three nights, instead of two. So, I had to go back in, stand in line again to get credited the overcharge. Really ridiculous!
So, this property failed on all counts: Safety, Cleanliness, and Customer Service.
I am attaching photos of the safety and cleanliness problems for you to see. I will gladly pay a little more at any other location before I stay at Westgate again, and rather than pre-pay. We then went on to Orlando, FL. We saw the Westgate that is there and we have told everyone we know not to stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clinton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we first got in our room I wasn't thrilled, but we had a great view of the ocean. We will be here for four nights. The first morning when we got up we had several problems with our room. I went to the front desk where I met Ms Jackie D'Alessio. Ms Jackie listened to our problems and took charge of the situation. She immediately offered us an upgrade and showed us a new room, which was wonderful. She showed excellent customer service along with the rest of the staff. We would stay with Westgateresorts again in the future.
L Smith

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front.