“Noisy,not relaxing,OK for kids.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

You added Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   415 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #73 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Noisy,not relaxing,OK for kids.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We checked in Sunday ,7/14, the lady at the front desk was excellent. The room was outdated except for the TV. The fridge was not level and therefore difficult to open, the ac did not keep the room cool and I had to clean the filters that were torn, and ripped and clearly have not been cleaned by the amount of dirt and dust. The constantly crowded lobby area , where everyone waited for the presentation, was difficult to move through at times and staff seemed to concentrate more on them than paying guests. Housekeeping had good days and bad. Very good location but I doubt I would return. I did get a decent deal on Hotwire, if not for that I would be very upset .

• Stayed July 2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide an exceptional vacation experience that exceeds guest’s expectations and we apologize that we fell short. We will certainly share your review with our staff, as we are always looking for areas to improve. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We just stayed from July 14-18th..We supposed to have hadca Villa! Very small. Side views! No good discounts on the amusement park or water park.When we first checked in the receptionist(Caucasian lady with bumps all her face) was rude.Didnt satisfy my request when it came to satisfaction for allcustomers!She was rude!The elevator kept breaking down, no clean up service until the day we checked out,10 am check,no late check outs given,no parking spaces if you leave for dinner late in the evening & come back. I will never stay there again. The only best thing is this resort is on a strip.

• Stayed July 2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to read that your overall stay was not satisfactory, we are always looking to improve and your feedback is of great help. We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I went to westgate resort. They are the best resort I have been in, in myrtle beach. Room was fabulous. The view was amazing. the only thing, I would like room service to put decaf coffee in the rooms. But We loved it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We train our staff to be friendly, welcoming, and helpful. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the room amenities, resort amenities, as well as our great location! We really look forward to you and your family staying with us again in the future!
Lancaster, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I booked a trip in March for our vacation the first of August . We were told we could bring our 2 small dogs with us. Westgate had us pay in full for our week trip. Here it is the middle of July and Westgate emails to inform us that they have changed their per policy and will not let us bring the dogs. I told them we had a contract paid in full stating that we could bring them and that they should honor it. Westgate refused and did not care that they were ruining our vacation. We are stuck with no place to stay for our vacation that is in 3 weeks. I had to argue with them to get our money back. When we did receive it it was for less than we paid. We loss $59.00 but I guess that is better than investing in their time share program and losing even more. What poor management!!!! I am glad I am done with them. I feel sorry for the people that they con into investing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hudson, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are owners at westgate in Vegas and this westgate was no comparison. We stayed in an ocean view 1 br which was smaller than I anticipated but was adequate for just the two of us. Room was clean bed was comfortable. Location of the hotel was near enough to walk to most places. The beach was nice and not overly crowded. The parking was awful. We had VIP parking. Which should mean if you go out to dinner you should have a place to park when you return,not so. Not sure how this works but a hotel should know how many spaces they have so why issue more parking passes then you have spaces for? I also emailed westgate prior to arrival regarding the beach chairs. I was told by westgate that all members have the same privileges and that chairs would be available to me. When I went to the front desk to get my chairs I was told unless I was using my week I could not have free beach chairs but I could pay $30 a day for them. I showed them my email which said differently and they could have cared less. I was told those decisions are made at a resort level not at a corporate level and I should have called the resort directly?! I used the email they sent me with my confirmation. Upon check in I was handed my keys and my parking pass. I found a luggage cart after a lot of juggling and brought my things to my room. Most other people had resort staff to show them to their room but it was not offered to us. On our 4th day there a welcome packet was shoved under our door. Would have been nice to have the ice maker, shower instructions and area info before our 4 th day. And guess what my welcome packet also said I should have had free beach chairs. My welcome packet also said we would receive 10 percent off at the beach bar. We were not given any discount off our tab? we also went to the lobby on 3 occaisons to speak with the concierge and no one was available. The lady inside the front door said one should have been assigned to us? She was very nice and did offer to help. I will not return to this resort and I will also be writing to corporate westgate.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. During times of high occupancy, our parking situation sometimes can be challenging. If available, our employees would be glad to give you a ride on their golf cart. We apologize for any other issues you encountered. This will be shared with management in order to make sure we are providing the best service we can. We appreciate your comments and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Chkd in on a sunday Bout 8:00pm and was greated at front desk and was given a concierg name dave. He helped us to our rooms,explained where things were and gave us his cell # if we needed anything. The room was ocean front and would send all my familey to stay here. Dave made the experiance feel like we were royality. Thank you dave for all you did to make our week great and see you all next july. If not sooner

• Stayed July 2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We appreciate your responses concerning your stay with Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. It is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. Our team members take great pride in providing great service to all our guests. We are happy to know that Dave was able to be of assistance. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon!
Gas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We just arrived home last evening after staying at the resort from July 6-13. Had an amazing time. I enjoy talking to Ron an Bisha each year to hear about the plans and improvements to the facility. We upgrader our condo in the new building to a 4-bedroom each year and are looking forward to it already. With the economy being such a mess the last 4-5 years, it is understandable to me why the progress has been slowed but, it looks like things will be improved. Westgate has had the property since 2005 so, having the tower done in 2009 is an accomplishment in itself. I have been to Westgate resorts elsewhere and a lack of investment in this property is not something that I think they would let happen. Location can't be topped and we do own in the tower so I don't know much about the hotel section but, long term, when the resort is finished, it will be amazing. I just want to thank the Westgate Myrtle Beach staff for another wonderful vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our staff strives to be attentive & give great service, and we're delighted to see that Ron and Bisha were able to assist you in any way they can. We are happy they were able to accommodate your needs. We hope that the next time you are in the area; you will stop by again and stay with us.

Been to Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!