“owner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

Save Saved
You added Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   415 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #71 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
coshocton
“owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

we love our resort but seems like something is always broke. The washer and dryers are terrible. When we bought we were promised full size washer and dryer, Never happened. It is almost impossible to get into during summer months. You have to boo 11 months ahead. But all in all everyone that works there are very good at helping. The parking stinks. Love it but needs someone more professional running it like the ones in Florida. We own in Florida an have never had a bad experience!!!! Maybe Myrtle beach staff need some treaing from Florida as how to keep things up and running.

Room Tip: the rooms are nice but something is always broken in them. Mainly washer and dryer.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced. We have taken note of each one and will pass them onto the appropriate members of or staff. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Again, please accept our apologies and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel really need to high and low dust there rooms! Overall had a nice time for my birthday also wish their was info in the room about the other pull out bed Please get them elevators fixed waited 20 to catch one up yo the 5th floor

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for any inconveniences they may have caused. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Guest satisfaction is out top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Greenville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

So you want to go on a vacation with your family. Parents had a time share and decided to go here.....thinking about doing the same....RUN THE OTHER WAY!! The first thing that ticked us off, is that they some how cancelled my brothers reservations. Second, you walk in the lobby and its a zoo. It seems it was more important for this hotel to attract potential "owners" of time shares then treating their other guest with the same equal respect and courtesy. Then you have to deal with all of the "guest" that just went for their free vacation if they sat in on "the speech". We were constantly reminded that we in some kind of scam versus a resort....cheap balloons, signs and pictures of a place that that is never going to exist. They want to paint a luxurious resort but this stink pot smelled more like a zoo. The rooms were of the standard of a motel 8. The staff didn't know their left hand from their right. We went to eat breakfast and one lady told us to go ahead a sit. We went to go sit and another waitress asked us what the heck we were doing. We went to go get lunch one day and one woman said they don't have lunch in the restaurant...So we bought pizza and then were refused the use of the tables in the eating area that was "closed" because we didn't buy our lunch from them......The horror goes on and on. If your cheap and want a free vacation and to be harassed GO HERE. If your from a different class of vacationers that expects their one of few vacations to be relaxing GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. I'm serious in saying that you will have a better "resort" experience at a motel 8 or comfort inn....best part was the bartender who could make a decent drink and make my shot nerves go away....thanks debbie.

Room Tip: My parents room had a fridge, microwave, stove but no oven. Their room was decent looking in the new...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for you review. Regarding your brother's reservation, our Reservations Department would be glad to review this with you. We apologize if one of our staff did not treat you with courtesy-this is not our standard. We appreciate each and every one of our guests. Our suites range from studios with kitchenettes all the way to spacious and luxurious 2 bedrooms with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas and more. Our apologies that there was a miscommunication at the restaurant. We are sorry that you were not able to enjoy your visit. We will share your comments with our team in our efforts to improve. We hope to have another chance to exceed your expectations.
Royal Oak
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a nice weekend here, made even nicer by Neteli who went out of her way to make sure it was extra nice, without us even asking. I took off one star due to inadequate parking for how many rooms are here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We apologize that you encountered issues during your stay with us. We want to assure you that we care about each of our guests and we do everything we can to accommodate them. Unfortunately, with the size of our resort, parking can become an issue and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may cause. We want to thank you for letting us know about your issue as we take all of our guests’ comments into consideration. We're glad Nyteli provided yu with great customer service! Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.
East TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. Before I came I called and asked many questions. Everything that came out of there mouth was a lie. First of all the room was disguisting. I opened the refrigerator al water went all over the floor. i went to call for towels and the phone fell off the table and on the table was a roach. I can handle alot of stuff but roaches is not one of them. I called a manager and they said they was sorry and would move me to a new clean room. so we packed our stuff and tried to give them another chance (bad decision). The next room seemed to be better so we unpacked. We were scheduled to stay there for seven days. We arrived on Friday and on Monday morning I woke up around 6:00 am and went to the bathroom. There was roaches which they call palmetto bugs everywhere. At this point I I have had enough. I packed up my stuff and left. I am hoping to retrieve at least some of my money but very doubtfull. They also said that they only had a select few rooms that allow pets. There were wet dogs running around everywhere. The parking is awful. I had VIP parking which apparently don't mean squat. I had to sit and wait and wait until someone who worked their got tired of listening to me gripe and sent me to a spot which was not an actual parking spot.

Room Tip: Stay away unless roaches don't bother you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced and for any inconvenience they may have caused. Your review will be shared with management including the housekeeping and maintenance departments. Room cleanliness is a priority, and we have a regular schedule of spraying for pests. If needed, we will promptly address any additional requests. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked this hotel through a travel website for a stay from Wednesday to Sunday. On Friday night as we were changing into our pajamas, someone from the resort staff walks into our hotel room and says "I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone was staying here"! Then 30 min later, at 10:10 pm, they call and say "we have a computer problem and need to know what your last name is", we had already stayed there 2 nights, so I can't believe that this would happen, not to mention that their late night phone call woke up my children.

On Saturday morning, after 4 harassing visits from housekeeping, we get another phone call from the front desk stating that according to their records we were supposed to be checking out. Hmm are these the same "records" that didn't even know that someone was in the room 8 hours earlier???? I finally had to walk downstairs to show them my reservation information AGAIN in hopes that they would finally get it right.

When we get home and I'm checking my account I notice that on the night that they came into our room and called and woke up our child, they also charged my account $213.00, for a trip that has been paid in full for two months!

I must also add that the DVD players that they say they have in all rooms are only in the suites and the bathtub was disgusting and the cable didn't work for an entire day. Not only do I not understand how this place has a 4star rating, I don't understand how these crooks stay in business!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not as satisfactory as you expected and for any inconvenience you experienced. If you have any questions regarding charges, our customer service would be glad to review those with you. We will share your comments with our team, as we are always looking for ways in which to improve. We hope you will stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to not just meet, but exceed, your expectations.
Fairmont, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked an Ocean Front room for 5 days. The website lead me to believe that we would be staying in this big gorgeous tower. However, once we arrived we were told we'd be staying in the older building (the same building that you check into). At check-in, I was told that a $45 "resort fee" needed to be paid. I was pissed, but obviously didn't have a choice but to pay it since I had already booked a room. I didn't see any mention when booking the room that a "resort fee" would be payable upon my arrival. For this reason, I'll never stay there again. After check-in, I was told to go speak to a woman by the door to show me where my parking was located. She took that time to try and sell me a timeshare and some [--] about getting my picture taken on the beach. Then I found out that my parking was across a busy street because I didn't pay for VIP parking.

Long story short, it's a decent place with decent and clean rooms. But be aware that they try to charge you extra money upon check-in and that the parking sucks. Also be aware that the bed is like sleeping on a sheet of rock.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time to write concerning your experience. We are sorry if you experience any issues at all during your check in. The resort fee charged at check in allows access to the WiFi, Fitness Center and more while you are in resort. We are glad that you enjoyed the accommodations. We hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to host you one more time so that you may truly experience all of what the resort has to offer.
Sincerely
Lucía

Been to Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!