“great stay at Westgate Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

You added Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   415 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #82 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Wirtz, Virginia, United States
“great stay at Westgate Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had an amazing stay at Westgate Resort.
Our 2br 2 ba suite was very spacious and Clean!
we have a full kitchen and washer and dryer
the jazucci tub in the master suite is amazing.
I loved how you can just walk right into all of the pools.
My 20 month old daughter had an amazing time also.

Room Tip: 2 br 2 ba suite is amazing
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we're thrilled to read that you had a great stay. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Lyons, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a very nice resort with good pools and activities. Located right beside Family Kingdom and Splashes Water Park, so there is plenty to do with kids that's close. They are still doing construction on the property, but it did not hinder our time at the resort. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Condo units are large with full kitchens and washer/dryer.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We appreciate and value your feedback. Our resort offers many activities and amenities for the entire family to enjoy. We are also conveniently located close to shopping and dining areas, making it a great spot when visiting. We are delighted that you would recommend us to your family and friends. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I can only speak from the viewpoint of an owner. We have been owners for 5 yrs. & come the same time every year. The staff is very helpful & pleasant. A few things need to be better, like the exercise equipment which is old & poorly maintained & the cookware which is not non-stick. Who cooks with pans that are not non-stick these days? I do not go on vacation to scrub pots & pans. We always get a room in the towers because that is where we own & it is usually oceanfront. All of the units are great except for the standard 1BR. This is just a room with very few amenities. Great location. We like quiet & are not bothered by the attractions noise. They usually shut down at a decent time in the evening. Great activities especially for families.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We always appreciate hearing back from our valued owners. Thank you for saying that our staff is very helpful and pleasant. We apologize for any issues you may have encountered during your stay. We always strive to provide excellent customer service. We are delighted that you and your family were able to enjoy the resort amenities. We hope to see you soon.
New Boston, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Summary: Friendly staff. Corporate is a major headache if things go wrong and no such thing as "the customer is always right" they will fight for their money!, location- decent, beach-nice, rooms in condo side- very nice!

Also, booking tips at end

GOOD: (and no im not a disgruntle employee or anything) The Villas are very nice oceanview is perfect for a couple retreat and we also stayed 2 nights in their 2 bedroom oceanfront with Jacuzzi villa (Both in the timeshare tower). Also, front desk is very polite..there was always a line at the desk though. Lots of beach property right across the street to a carnival type area which was nice to walk around at night. It is next to the rental place for banana boat, jet skis, and parasail. Must pay for chair and umbrella ($40 all day)

BAD: Now.. I reseved our room on March 2nd through the westgate hotel site.. They booked me for March 27th-30th instead of May 27th-30th. Front desk tried charging me the new rate instead of the advanced purchase rate that I was promised and paid in full online. After at least a hour on the phone with reservations they listened to the phone call and realized they made the mistake. They wanted to charge me the new rate also, after phone tag they realized I was right but wanted me to repay and they would refund me later...?? dumb. They upgraded us to the best hotel room and it was VERY nice. I HAVE 3 FULL PAGES of conversations with front desk, reservations, and the accounting department. Everything I should of been provided..customer service.. had to be demanded. A major chain would of compensated rooms or upgrades...they did nothing.

The day of checkout I called front desk and asked for a late checkout and they told me there is no late checkout (so we had to go to the pool with our bags) we met a couple at the pool and they said they were granted a late checkout (why we weren't? no idea!) Later that day I seen a charge for 68.70 on my credit card bill and they said part of it was the resort fee and part was a balance due. I paid in full and after a WEEK of talking to different managers they finally realized that I did not owe a balance. They were still trying to charge me the new price.

Location: its just ok, its near the carnival thing, good for kids but if ur 18+ 21+ staying down by the pier would be wayyyy better..So, stay closer to the pier with the big Ferris wheel (2nd ave pier?) IF NOT there is a BUS that runs every 20 minutes,runs up and down the strip for like 1.50 per person. Hotel did not tell us about this and said they could call us a cab. Its free to go to from the 2nd ave pier to the mall or boardway at the boardwalk (which is really fun, a ton of stuff to do there!!! Bars, clubs, resturants, attractions, shops, its about a ten min bus ride)

If you book on their site greater than 21 days in advance you can get up to 25% off, but there ARE NO REFUNDS or TRANSFERS. they made this clear when they thought I made the booking error and they refused to apply it to my new stay. I got an oceanview villa for like 80/ night and reg room for like 55 during the week.

YOUNG: Go down to Broadway at the Boardwalk, I really wish me and my gf knew about this, we found out our last night!!!! take the bus (only runs until 1130pm or something), but way cheaper then taxi.

W/ KIDS: good hotel, little waterpark with fountains, across from carnival, next to a waterpark with slides and stuff.

OLD: met a timeshare lady and she was P****** how much they pay for the timeshare compared to how much they could just rent a condo for

Myrtle Beach is verrrry fun, I would definitely come back, not to sure if I would stay in this hotel again

ATTENTIONL MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND fri-mon is BLACK BIKE WEEK. It is ran by the NAACP and we were told not to go that weekend if we were not black. Seriously. The taxi cab driver (awesome guy) said they same

Room Tip: CONDO rooms oceanfront/ oceanview villas are VERY NICE
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for any inconveniences they may have caused. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Guest satisfaction is out top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. The issues you experienced are very rare and we do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Tj and J-Ann were amazing .. Need a day off and a raise most friendliest people I've ever met at a hotel I will be back ! I would recommend any one stay.. Could use some improvement but that's any hotel .. Had an amazing time and very peaceful! House keeping was amazing also!

• Stayed June 2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We are trilled you found Westgate Myrtle Beach to be amazing and peaceful! Thank you for letting us know that TJ and J-Ann; as well as house keeping, provided you with superior customer service. We are pleased to hear you would recommend others to stay with our resort. We look forward to having you as a guest on your next vacation.
Upper Arlington, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

So far after staying here I have been extremely disappointed. We had no ocean view, the front desk service was absolutely awful, one of your workers needs to be fired immediately (she took 20 minutes to check us in and our cards didn't work). Your internet access is inconsistent, your ping pong tables are way to low to even play on, and it is crowded with people trying to sell you a time share. I do NOT recommend you ever staying here, and I know I will never. Last time I stayed at cheaper competitors they were much nicer, cleaner, and better. Your elevators are also so old, and need to be checked by inspectors, and your stairs are closed. Once again: DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Guest satisfaction is our greatest priority. We expect all of our staff to provide you with the best customer service possible. Since we are a time share resort we do offer every owner and guest the opportunity to participate in one of our presentations. Participation is voluntary; and it is not the sales team intention to make you feel pressured, but to inform you about our rooms and products. We apologize we disappointed your expectations and we hope you will give us the opportunity to go above and beyond your expectations in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I would highly NOT recommend this resort unless you are looking to buy a time share. I was not aware that this is not a hotel. The view from our room was very nice - that is about all I can say about this place. If you are coming from a far, you better buy some beach chairs and an umbrella because the city charges you $30 per day to rent two chairs and an umbrella on the beach. Westgate only supplies the owners with chairs and an umbrella free of charge. The rug in the room was filthy. There was no housekeeping. I had to take my own trash out to the hallway and the dirty towels and request new ones. The resort is located smack in the heart of Myrtle Beach next to a waterpark and amusement park so unless you have little kids - I would not suggest staying in that area. The first night there the hotel called us a cab that apparently they use for their guests - the cab driver charged us $12.00 to go 4 blocks - coming home we got our own cab and they charges us $6.00 for the same amount of blocks. We ended up renting a car - it was much cheaper than taking cabs everywhere. The concierge was completely useless, as a matter of fact, none of the staff was helpful at all and knew nothing about the area. I would never stay at this resort again. All they cared about was getting people in to buy timeshares at their resort. If you weren't one of those people, you were screwed. BTW my husband and I are very laid back people in our 40's who goes with the flow but our experience at the resort was so dissapointing, I just had to write a review to give potential travlers a heads up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if there were any issues at all in regards to our timeshare presentations. We do offer all of our owners and guests the opportunity to participate in one of our timeshare presentations. Participation is voluntary and in return for your time we do offer incentives such as free breakfast. As we are a timeshare resort certain services do run a little differently. We are glad you found our rooms to be very nice and hope will stay with us again in the future.

Been to Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!