“Great Experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

Save Saved
You added Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   415 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #82 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Great Experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Me and my family stayed at Westgate for a week and we really liked it. The room was sooo nice and clean. This was our first time in Myrtle Beach and we had a lot of fun. The staff is very friendly and welcoming.

The only issue was the Wifi. I called front desk and they sent maintenance to reset the router but after waiting and waiting, it was still not working so we just left and I assumed by the time we get back I will be able to use the internet but to my surprise it's telling me the same thing that I need to call the front desk. I went to the front desk personally and I brought my laptop with me. J-ann who was working at the front desk helped me and boom! my internet worked fine no need to call maintenance or the wifi technician. She was very helpful and professional.

Overall, it was a great experience. We will definitely be back at Westgate in Myrtle Beach. We recommend this resort to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. It's nice to read that you found the room so nice and clean and the staff very friendly and welcoming. We're very glad that J-Ann was able to assist you in getting the WiFi to work correctly- she's a terrific team member, and we will share your comments with our management. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

942 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the offseason (late April 2013). Paid $95 for a suite...super value! Had a terrific room overlooking the ocean/pool. Clean, well furnished, TV was just "OK" but it not a big deal because I didn't spend a bunch of time in the room.

Hotel is across the street from the Family Kingdom amusement park which for me was neither good or bad. First, it was off season so the crowd wasn't too large and I was solo so I didn't have to be concerned about entertaining kids. If you're traveling with kids during peak season this location could be a huge benefit. Not so much if you're looking for some quiet time.

Staff let me check in early, a huge plus, because I had a rather tiring trip to get there. I was so thankfulI didn't check out the room location. Bad move since it was next to the elevators. Also...it was overlooking the pool which was entertaining during the day...not so much at 1:30AM when the pool party started. So much for sleeping with open sliding doors with the surf putting me to sleep.

Overall I'd rate this hotel as a keeper...depending on the current room rates.

Regarding room location if I were to return I'd definitely get a room on the ocean side as far away from the elevator as possible.

Room Tip: Ocean side, away from the pool and elevators
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to visit with us at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. With our spacious suites, great location right on the beach, abundance of amenities and reasonable rates, you are correct, this represents real value. We look forward to your return visit!
Belleville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I traveled to MB on April 14th. We arrived early in the morning and was able to get into our suite which was very helpful after an early rise for our flight! Our Condo Suite was very nice with all amenities and had a warm home feel! Well stocked with all necessities and we had no need to bother housekeeping during our 4 night stay because we were well stocked with towels, laundry detergent, etc. The bed was little too soft for us, needed a much firmer bed, but it was tolarable! However, the Hotel rooms were nothing in comparison to the Condo Suite. We went to view an Oceanfront room, and upon entry, it had a mildew odor and was very cramped in size. Much renovations is needed for their Hotel rooms! Very glad we chose the Condo Suite to stay during our visit. I will stay at Westgate Resorts again, as this was my second stay but in another state and was satisfied then as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing with us your feedback regarding your visit to Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. It's nice to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your suite, feeling as you described as if it were home away from home. Our hotel portion of our resort has very recently received a thorough renovation, which should address the issues you listed. We thank you both for choosing to stay with us and would be honored to have you again as our guest, no matter which Westgate Resort you stay at!
Olean, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. We booked it online months in advance and were not sure what to expect. We were very pleased with the staff, the room and the view. Very clean and a beautiful villa. The staff was professional and friendly and eager to help. We were sad to leave and will definately be back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the side on the 16th floor. It had a great view of the ocean and the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing to spend your honeymoon at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. Honeymoons are such a special time, and we're grateful that we were able to provide you with a clean and beautiful villa to enjoy your time in. We're also glad that you were pleased with our staff-they strive to provide you with great customer service, and it's nice to hear such feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guests on your many anniversaries!
Aiken
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The housekeeping staff was very efficient. I love staying at the towers when I visit MB every year! Our room was awesome and very well stocked with supplies. The hotel was clean and the pools were warm.
I would stay here over and over again!

Room Tip: Corner suites are roomier!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us again and taking a moment to write a review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. Our housekeeping staff will be glad to know you took notice of their efforts. It says a lot that you intend to stay with us over and over again. We look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This was a wonderful place to stay for our anniversary. The room was by far the nicest room we have ever stayed in. Even the suite on the cruise ship couldn't compare to this room. Highly recommend this Resort to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for choosing Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort as your anniversary destination. It greatly pleases us to read that you found your room the nicest you have ever stayed in. Our oceanfront suites do offer a breathtaking view of the ocean. Thank you for your recommendation. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again!
Minford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a great visit and everyone at Westgate is just so friendly and helpful. Great experience.
The things that attract us to Westgate is location (close to my family that lives in Myrtle Beach), on the beach, allows pets and again the friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Getting close to elevator is a good thing. Didn't notice any downside so just don't see any...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to review Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. It pleases us greatly to read that you and your family had a great visit and that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. It would be our pleasure to have you visit with us again!

Been to Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!