“Everything we needed was DONE & Everyone we spoke with was VERY willing to accommodate in every way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3100 Oleander Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #105 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

From the time we walked in the Hotel, we were greeted with smiles. The staff was Always pleasant. Most Importantly the staff knew how to handle their selves very professional. We will be back!! Thank you. M&D

• Stayed May 2013
ddjjbrock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
mdtenn,
Thank you for the high marks across the board with all ratings for our hotel. All staff at the Holiday Inn Express make every attempt to make your stay an enjoyable experience, and I am glad to see such positive feedback in regards to your experience with the front desk. All of us look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Myrtle Beach area.
See you soon,
James H.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Stantonsburg, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice breakfast for a HI Express. Beds were not comfortable. Felt like I was in a 1960's holiday inn as far as the beds. This hotel will allow dogs - but not smokers. Go figure. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ddjjbrock, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
leathajh_13,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both the hotel staff and the breakfast. We want to thank you for the high marks given on cleanliness, service and price. These are the personal touches we pride ourselves on at Holiday Inn Express. I would also like to assure you that the beds are not as old as they seemed to you. I appreciate the feedback, and am also glad to tell you that we are in the process of replacing all of the bedding in the property this quarter. We are happy to provide lodging for those travelling with pets. And while we are a smoke free hotel, we will gladly offer you a 1st floor room to make the outdoor smoking benches more convenient for a smoke during your next stay with us in our new beds.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We've been in this hotel on my B-day and I wanted something nice and comfy for us,and also I always wanted to live in the hotel room with ocean view balcony. So we made a reservation for ocean view room week before our vacation. And when we came to this hotel, and received our keys we discovered that our windows view is on the street side and on the noisy supply for air coolers((( And when we complained about this situation women on the reservation desk said that they don't have any other rooms,and that we can leave hotel if we want....After this we talked with people,who also came to this hotel and they said that "ocean view" rooms with balcony - is just a nice commercial words((( you must be very lucky to get it! So we left next morning....without any satisfaction of being in this hotel. By the way the TV was old, and the room was not very clean(

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear katk782,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for spending your birthday with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the service you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Room (321): Keeping in mind that this is considered a 2-star hotel the room was decent. The rug is highly beat down and the room is kind of small with two double-beds. I consider the room condition to be pretty decent. It has a medium sized refrigerator and a microwave and a 32” flat screen TV so it isn’t too bad. The sink is in alcove with another alcove in the opposite direction for hanging up clothes. The toilet definitely isn’t chair-height! As I was lowering my rear-end to it I kept wondering “I’m not there yet?” It is very low to the floor. The shower is of average size with the shower curtain bowing out for extra shoulder room; it did have a very large shower head and a good flow of water.

The Lobby: The lobby was laid out very nicely, with a standard greeting desk. They did set out chocolate chip cookies and I have to admit they where the ‘BOMB’! Don’t know the brand but I helped myself to a hand full and went back down the second day searching for more. Across from the breakfast area there’s the business center; the printer was down so I couldn’t print out any discount tickets for any of the local activities. Even though pets are extra (I didn’t have one) they did have doggie treats at the front desk; never seen that one before. They also had chocolate chip cookies around 6pm every day and I must say they where delicious!

Breakfast Kitchen: The breakfast is the usual for a hotel. There were four different types of cereals, toast, peanut butter and jellies in separate mini containers. I had eggs, bacon/sausage/ham and toast for the three days spent there each day. They also had the normal fruit, apple and orange juice, milk (2%, skim and regular), coffee and yogurt just to name some of the items. The hostess running the breakfast area was very nice, helpful and willing to engage in conversation.

Location: The hotel was very easy to find and wasn't hidden off the beaten path. I used my cell phone and Google Maps, which took me directly to the front door. What’s great about this hotel is the location from all of the activities. The hotel is literally across the street from Wonder Works, Aquarium, Boardwalk, restaurants, theme parks, boat & helicopter rides, zip-lining, fish feeding, Planet Hollywood, Margaritaville and everything else Myrtle Beach (south) has to offer. Don’t get the location confused with North Myrtle Beach! EVERYTHING is extremely close. Our first day here we drove across the street and spent seven hours taking pictures, sightseeing and checking out the entertainment district.

Housekeeping: Very friendly and cleaned the room and replaced the used towels/wash clothes while we where away.

Cons: The room was a bit small; the carpet is fairly beat down inside the room as well as the hallways. I also kept in mind that this hotel is considered a 2-star so don’t expect anything extravagant.

Final Thought: I don’t know if I’d every book another stay here even though my stay wasn’t a bad experience. The double beds had me nearly on top of my wife; not a bad thing mind you but you can’t beat the location of the hotel to where all of the action is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ddjjbrock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Injaznito H,
First off, thank you for the thorough review of our property. I appreciate you taking the time to break down each section of your stay with feedback for individual areas of the hotel. I am glad to see that our staff received high marks across the board, and that your family took full advantage of the hotel's location to explore Broadway at the Beach. And to address your concerns, we are currently taking steps to clean and replace carpets throughout the hotel. And although the size of the restrooms is set, we do perpetual maintenance to keep them as updated as possible. I do hope that your family does consider staying with us on returning to the Myrtle area.
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We travel A LOT and this is our #2 worst pic (the first being a Super 8 located in a questionable neighborhood of Imperial Beach CA). We chose the location because it was within walking distance to many restaurants allowing us to avoid traffic and the ability to enjoy wine or beer with dinner. We chose Holiday Inn Express based on our perception that as a reputable national chain, certain minimum standards would not only be met but exceeded. We quickly learned perception is often just that and reality is quite different.
To begin, the carpet in the rooms we occupied needs to be torn out. Bottom line. Then there was the tiny bathroom. In room #1 the toilet was stained brown all throughout the bowl, as though it had never been properly maintained. The shower was a disaster. It had obviously been painted or refinished as the most recent layer was peeling off which caused a very disgusting backup. After about an hour and 3 bottles of draino, the hotel decided the tub was a lost cause. We were moved to room #2 which occupied at least a half day.
Room #2 was just as disgusting. Again, with the dirty carpet and while the shower worked I still can't decide if I felt more unclean before or after the shower. The furniture is simply for show as the drawers were irreparably off tract. There was very little room to put anything, for example, even the hotel couldn't find a better location for the coffee maker than a small shelf above the closet. There were 1 maybe 2 open electrical outlets. No fridge, no microwave. The curtains would not close completely, leaving an unwelcome 6" gap. The crib we requested was likely recalled in 1972. Even upon delivery we were advised to watch out for one of the legs as it tended not to lock into place. The room was heated by a stand alone heating/cooling unit with the only temperature control options as "high/ low cool or high/low hot and high/low fan" causing the room to either be uncomfortably cold or hot...
Look, I could go on and on but I will end by saying that for $120-130/night the courtyard by Marriott at broadway is the way to go. Not here.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ddjjbrock, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
TimMcAfee,
I am sorry to hear of the several issues you encountered during your stay at our property. We strive to live up to every guest's expectations of Holiday Inn Express standards. We apologize that we fell short in several areas in your eyes even after the room move. I have brought your concerns to the attention of our head maintenance engineer to be addressed immediately. Also, all of our furniture and accessories for rooms meet, and in most cases exceed, IHG standards. On a positive note, starting this week, all rooms will be standardized with a refridgerator and microwave. Again, I hope you will consider Holiday Inn for your future hotel stays.
Kingstree, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was a last minute choice due to a mistake with my condo. The staff is friendly and the gift bag of goodies adds a nice touch. The room was clean but needs ti be updated. No fridge or microwave available, which I seen in other HIEs. It is located close to wonderful venues. Weatherstripping around and at the bottom of the doors would help buffer hall noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ddjjbrock, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Monica,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a response on TripAdvisor for our hotel. We always love to hear when our staff can help a vacation rebound for the better! You will be glad to hear that we are currently in the process of addressing your concerns, as we are standardizing our location. It is also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time at Broadway at the Beach as much as the locals do. Rest assured that I will bring up your specific concern with hallway noise to the maintenance staff. Again, thank you for your specific feedback, and we look forward to your future stays while in the Myrtle area.
Wilson, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I always stay at this hotel when I am in town for business.Typical HI-EXPRESS..Breakfast is average. Staff is friendly. Lots of stuff to do at BROADWAY AT THE BEACH. Hotel has had a refresh, but the carpet in my room needed a good cleaning. Won't keep me away, still a good stay for the buainess traveler!

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Hpm88,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast and our staff.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping. we will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach? Share your experiences!