The Room (321): Keeping in mind that this is considered a 2-star hotel the room was decent. The rug is highly beat down and the room is kind of small with two double-beds. I consider the room condition to be pretty decent. It has a medium sized refrigerator and a microwave and a 32” flat screen TV so it isn’t too bad. The sink is in alcove with another alcove in the opposite direction for hanging up clothes. The toilet definitely isn’t chair-height! As I was lowering my rear-end to it I kept wondering “I’m not there yet?” It is very low to the floor. The shower is of average size with the shower curtain bowing out for extra shoulder room; it did have a very large shower head and a good flow of water.
The Lobby: The lobby was laid out very nicely, with a standard greeting desk. They did set out chocolate chip cookies and I have to admit they where the ‘BOMB’! Don’t know the brand but I helped myself to a hand full and went back down the second day searching for more. Across from the breakfast area there’s the business center; the printer was down so I couldn’t print out any discount tickets for any of the local activities. Even though pets are extra (I didn’t have one) they did have doggie treats at the front desk; never seen that one before. They also had chocolate chip cookies around 6pm every day and I must say they where delicious!
Breakfast Kitchen: The breakfast is the usual for a hotel. There were four different types of cereals, toast, peanut butter and jellies in separate mini containers. I had eggs, bacon/sausage/ham and toast for the three days spent there each day. They also had the normal fruit, apple and orange juice, milk (2%, skim and regular), coffee and yogurt just to name some of the items. The hostess running the breakfast area was very nice, helpful and willing to engage in conversation.
Location: The hotel was very easy to find and wasn't hidden off the beaten path. I used my cell phone and Google Maps, which took me directly to the front door. What’s great about this hotel is the location from all of the activities. The hotel is literally across the street from Wonder Works, Aquarium, Boardwalk, restaurants, theme parks, boat & helicopter rides, zip-lining, fish feeding, Planet Hollywood, Margaritaville and everything else Myrtle Beach (south) has to offer. Don’t get the location confused with North Myrtle Beach! EVERYTHING is extremely close. Our first day here we drove across the street and spent seven hours taking pictures, sightseeing and checking out the entertainment district.
Housekeeping: Very friendly and cleaned the room and replaced the used towels/wash clothes while we where away.
Cons: The room was a bit small; the carpet is fairly beat down inside the room as well as the hallways. I also kept in mind that this hotel is considered a 2-star so don’t expect anything extravagant.
Final Thought: I don’t know if I’d every book another stay here even though my stay wasn’t a bad experience. The double beds had me nearly on top of my wife; not a bad thing mind you but you can’t beat the location of the hotel to where all of the action is.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Myrtle Beach - Voted Best Family Beach by Travel Magazine Broadway at the Beach Where Myrtle Beach Comes To Life The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Myrtle Beach, SC is located in the heart of Myrtle Beach adjacent to the most popular entertainment complex Broadway at the Beach. Known as South Carolina s Best Travel Destination, Broadway at the Beach is full of non-stop celebrations and invites you to experience 350 acres of shops, restaurants, nightlife and attractions. Our Holiday Inn Express Hotel is conveniently located on the Myrtle Beach Grand Strand. We are very close to the crisp blue waters of the Atlantic Oceanside, Myrtle Beach Downtown, Barefoot Landing, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, shopping malls, outlet malls, championship golf courses and entertainment theatres all within five miles. We are conveniently located adjacent to Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium, and Myrtle Waves Water Park. Each morning, enjoy our Signature Express Start hot breakfast, offering the world's best tasting cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast Coffee made from a special blend of 100% Arabica beans. Feast and enjoy scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.