We travel A LOT and this is our #2 worst pic (the first being a Super 8 located in a questionable neighborhood of Imperial Beach CA). We chose the location because it was within walking distance to many restaurants allowing us to avoid traffic and the ability to enjoy wine or beer with dinner. We chose Holiday Inn Express based on our perception that as a reputable national chain, certain minimum standards would not only be met but exceeded. We quickly learned perception is often just that and reality is quite different.
To begin, the carpet in the rooms we occupied needs to be torn out. Bottom line. Then there was the tiny bathroom. In room #1 the toilet was stained brown all throughout the bowl, as though it had never been properly maintained. The shower was a disaster. It had obviously been painted or refinished as the most recent layer was peeling off which caused a very disgusting backup. After about an hour and 3 bottles of draino, the hotel decided the tub was a lost cause. We were moved to room #2 which occupied at least a half day.
Room #2 was just as disgusting. Again, with the dirty carpet and while the shower worked I still can't decide if I felt more unclean before or after the shower. The furniture is simply for show as the drawers were irreparably off tract. There was very little room to put anything, for example, even the hotel couldn't find a better location for the coffee maker than a small shelf above the closet. There were 1 maybe 2 open electrical outlets. No fridge, no microwave. The curtains would not close completely, leaving an unwelcome 6" gap. The crib we requested was likely recalled in 1972. Even upon delivery we were advised to watch out for one of the legs as it tended not to lock into place. The room was heated by a stand alone heating/cooling unit with the only temperature control options as "high/ low cool or high/low hot and high/low fan" causing the room to either be uncomfortably cold or hot...
Look, I could go on and on but I will end by saying that for $120-130/night the courtyard by Marriott at broadway is the way to go. Not here.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Myrtle Beach - Voted Best Family Beach by Travel Magazine Broadway at the Beach Where Myrtle Beach Comes To Life The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Myrtle Beach, SC is located in the heart of Myrtle Beach adjacent to the most popular entertainment complex Broadway at the Beach. Known as South Carolina s Best Travel Destination, Broadway at the Beach is full of non-stop celebrations and invites you to experience 350 acres of shops, restaurants, nightlife and attractions. Our Holiday Inn Express Hotel is conveniently located on the Myrtle Beach Grand Strand. We are very close to the crisp blue waters of the Atlantic Oceanside, Myrtle Beach Downtown, Barefoot Landing, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, shopping malls, outlet malls, championship golf courses and entertainment theatres all within five miles. We are conveniently located adjacent to Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium, and Myrtle Waves Water Park. Each morning, enjoy our Signature Express Start hot breakfast, offering the world's best tasting cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast Coffee made from a special blend of 100% Arabica beans. Feast and enjoy scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.