I have been a regular at Holiday Inn Express hotels across, this specific Holiday Inn Express was a bit below the standards. Its got a good location (not near the beach) but near a popular destination - Broadway on the beach. Beach is a good distance away. This is near a Bi-Lo store but again not really walking distance but a well stocked supermarket within 3-4 mins driving distance.
We got a standard room, the room was ok, felt that the carpets were bit worn out and were not really clean as I am used to in other express properties. The hotel has a laundry but did not stock detergent as it was stated in the room sheet. In fact it was weird that the vending machines stocked fabric softener but not detergent. The receptionist curtly said they do not stock detergent but we had to buy it from the nearby grocery store. This facility was important to us as we were spending every day at the beach and needed to wash the beach wear before the next days reuse :)
Some small things that I am used to in other Hi Express hotels were missing, shampoo, soaps seems not like the other properties. Breakfast was standard but simple things like ketchup, jams were missing from the standard items seems that were saving costs by cutting out this stuff. When we came back early one day from the beach we found our door open, the room service maid had forgotten to lock back our room door after they had cleaned it up. We got a apology for that but we had some stuff kept in my room so was a bit unsettled on this incident.
We used the pool for a quick swim no problem there, did not use the fitness room seemed ok. Fro some reason they just got the newspaper one day next day it did not come and the last day we were there was labor day so i guess it was the off day for the newspaper. I kind of missed having the paper ... no major inconvenience. Internet worked without any issues.
Other than that no major issues but just got a feeling that this property seemed a bit under par with the general holiday inn express standards.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Myrtle Beach - Voted Best Family Beach by Travel Magazine Broadway at the Beach Where Myrtle Beach Comes To Life The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Myrtle Beach, SC is located in the heart of Myrtle Beach adjacent to the most popular entertainment complex Broadway at the Beach. Known as South Carolina s Best Travel Destination, Broadway at the Beach is full of non-stop celebrations and invites you to experience 350 acres of shops, restaurants, nightlife and attractions. Our Holiday Inn Express Hotel is conveniently located on the Myrtle Beach Grand Strand. We are very close to the crisp blue waters of the Atlantic Oceanside, Myrtle Beach Downtown, Barefoot Landing, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, shopping malls, outlet malls, championship golf courses and entertainment theatres all within five miles. We are conveniently located adjacent to Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium, and Myrtle Waves Water Park. Each morning, enjoy our Signature Express Start hot breakfast, offering the world's best tasting cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast Coffee made from a special blend of 100% Arabica beans. Feast and enjoy scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.