Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach
Ranked #104 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
New York City, New York
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel was much nicer expected. The room was clean and well maintained. Pool was very clean. The hotel is not within walking distance of the beach but is across from Broadway at the Beach.
The breakfast was typical fare and we gave that a miss. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MYRSC, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear caroldday,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the hotel was able to meet your needs!
We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future!

Erin Dennis
Sales Manager

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is very convenient to central Myrtle Beach. You're within walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants and right across the street from Broadway. Although it's not really within walking distance to the beach, it's only a couple of miles away from public beach accesses. I have stayed here three times, all because my husband was on business. The accomodations are very basic, but it is an exceptionally clean hotel with a very friendly staff and good continental breakfast. The pool is also nice and clean. If you like to bike, bring yours!! The HI Express is right at Grissom parkway and also Harrelson Blvd. which are fantastic bike paths around Myrtle Beach. We would ride 14 miles every morning without being in traffic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MYRSC, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment about your most recent stay! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here at the hotel and in Myrtle Beach. We strive to make sure our hotel is clean and welcoming to all of our guest!

We look forward to having you as a guest in the future!

Erin Dennis
Sales Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I checked in on 8/10 and were greeted with kindness. The rooms had an upgrade since our stay last year. Flat screen TVs and the furniture seemed newer. Looking at all the other options that are available while taking vacation, I will continue to trust that Holiday Inn Express will be clean, friendly, and respectful. The breakfast is great an available until 10am, which is awesome. There are some pretty cool attractions in the plaza across the street from the hotel, which are walking distance. Even though you have to drive to the beach, the trip is very short and was not an issue during my stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I don't know where to start. We are here for a Holiday Inn Vacation Club sales presentation. One would think if a company is trying to sell timeshares in a hotel that they would put you somewhere that would make you want to buy in. Think again. This hotel is disgusting - and that's being generous. From the moment you enter the lobby you know it will not meet your expectations. Our room had obviously had pets in it (this is a pet friendly hotel), there were obvious urine stains all over the carpet. One of the beds had multiple hairs on it and in it that did not come from our family. The room was extremely worn and dirty - no one had even vacuumed it. At one point the manager on duty came to the door and my husband was picking "crud" off the floor and handing it to him. They promised to move us from the 2nd floor room we were in to the 4th floor which they said had just had the carpets cleaned yesterday - but instead they just moved us down the hall to an equally disgusting room. I have pictures of mold on the bathroom wall and the stains on the rug. The worst part is that we paid for this up front and are essentially being held hostage. Also, the filthy rugs are not limited to the guest rooms, the carpet in the breakfast area needs to just be torn up and burned. Don't look down at it or you will not want breakfast anymore. Please stay anywhere else but here.

Stayed August 2012
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was the most disappointing Holiday Inn Express my husband and I have ever stayed in. There were stains on the carpet, no art work on the walls, and the shower was dirty. The phone in the room didn't work and the room had an overall cheap feeling. The worst part however was the elevators that clunked and stopped moving every time you moved or a child jumped up and down. Although the holiday inn moto is "No surprise is a good surprise", I was surprised at how unkept and dirty this was. Definitely not up to par to other hotels bearing this brand name.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear NicoleDD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment you had with the cleanliness, your room accommodation and the elevators. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
NewYork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hotel using my Priority Club Points/ Cash option for a 6 night stay. It was a vacation / business trip that I went on with my family for a recent convention. Let me preface this by stating that I am a frequent business traveler and never had a problem with this hotel chain or any Holiday Inn. I am usually pretty happy with the room and service that is presented. Unfortunately this hotel did not meet my expectations that I come to expect from the Holiday Inn Family.
First the bad points – 1) For some reason our room was not vacuumed until I complained on the fourth day. 2) The day we slept in to “10:00” am, the hotel care takers slipped a note under my door that my room was not being serviced due to the “Do not Disturb sign on the door” I have never been in a hotel were 10:00 am was the deadline for cleaning a room. 3) Towels were a constant issue and there was one day we could not get towels until 7:00 pm. 4) One day when the room was cleaned, the caretaker “forgot” to clean the bathroom – not exactly sure why? 5) Unfortunately I had to perform some business on this trip. I had to print a PDF file that I needed, but the hotel's computer could not read PDF because they did not have Adobe. So I asked the person behind the desk to help me out, and his answer was "Sorry- can't print out files for clients" I guess they never expect anyone doing business at this hotel.
For the good points – 1) The hotel is located in a great spot, near Broadway at the Beach, and all other local attractions, and 2) When I did complain about the service, the hotel was quick to respond. My question is why it took a complaint to make this happen. Overall I would prefer not to stay at this hotel again, next time I may look for another Holiday Inn nearby or another hotel chain-which there are plenty of!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel was very clean and efficient. The location next to Broadway @ the Beach was fantastic, spent a lot of time there. It was a short drive to the beach which was great. My only complaint is that the staff could have been a little friendlier. The man who managed the complimentary breakfast was very rude to a number of guests. He obviously does not like his job and found any requests to be a nuisance. When I asked him about when the pancake machine would be back in order after being out of order all week long, he practically bit my head off. Another time I asked for towels for the pool and the front desk was not able to accommodate me. I then went to the room to get some towels for my family and was scolded by the front desk that the room towels were not to be used by the pool. I was little disappointed in the way that they treated their guests. I too am in customer service and would never make my guests feel unwelcome in any way. Other than those two instances, we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Rose394,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found our hotel clean and you liked our convenient location. My apologies for the unacceptable service you received from our staff. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Myrtle Beach you will give our hotel another try.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach? Share your experiences!